Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Correct Oil For D4d Avensis

Jamy197g

Hi,

My cars done over 100k now and was wondering what grade of oil it should have. I thought it should be semi- synthetic but when i went to my local Mr T, they gave me 15w-30 or 40 and ever since its been running a little noisier than before?

Any ideas?

the standard Toyota oil now seems to be 5W30 but 15W should be slightly thicker & hence if anything quieter ...

To Jamyg,

Oil required should be SAE 10W/30 or 15W/40 Semi-Synthetic oil for moderate climates.

Regards, Beagh.

PS: Just to confuse things a little bit, go to page 327 of your Owner's manual for correct oil information.

Thanks for the quick reply peeps.

I did think that it should have gone quieter with thicker oil, but wasnt too sure...On second thoughts, hope its not the injectors- Gulp! but saying that no loss of power....

To Beagh, will check the manual....and post back. Im wondering if they gave me thicker oil due to the mileage?

Hi,

My cars done over 100k now and was wondering what grade of oil it should have. I thought it should be semi- synthetic but when i went to my local Mr T, they gave me 15w-30 or 40 and ever since its been running a little noisier than before?

Any ideas?

hello

I 'd use 15W40 semi

chers/Igor

I normally put in my car Castrol GTD Magnetec. Cant remember what grade it is.

I'd go for a 10w-semi synthetic. It'll flow a quicker than a 15w-40 when cold and therefore give better protection. A 5w-40 would also probably be fine, depending on how well the engine has been looked after and what wear there is. It will cost more though. Have a look at these

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-657-10w-40.aspx

or use our product finder to get a oil change service pack

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/products-for-my-...ne-oils#results

Thanks Guys,

The car's due a service in the next month or so ( use it as a taxi part-time) so I'm definatly gonna make sure it gets semi synthetic in it again...Car has full service History, but i change the oil and filter every 5K myself.

Different subject but does anyone know the cost of a cambelt change at Mr T??

Thanks Guys,

The car's due a service in the next month or so ( use it as a taxi part-time) so I'm definatly gonna make sure it gets semi synthetic in it again...Car has full service History, but i change the oil and filter every 5K myself.

Just had mine done at Hodgson Toyota in Gateshead. Cost £191 (with 10% parts and labour discount) so would imagine around £220

Thanks Guys,

Just had mine done at Hodgson Toyota in Gateshead. Cost £191 (with 10% parts and labour discount) so would imagine around £220

Thats not a bad price....gonna check with my local dealers in mancheter and see what price they give me....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links