Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speakers

Phillgb

I haven't installed any extra, just replaced the original rubbish Speakers.

You can easily fit old ones in the original spacers. Original size is 5,5 inch, but you can fit 6,5 inch Speakers. This will improve the sound a lot.

I bought a pair of Alpines to replace the front door Speakers and they came with tweeters which I mounted on the (technical term) little black triangle inside the door mirrors. Wasn't difficult, I had excellent instructions from an American loon on RAV4World.

Don't ask me about the sound quality, car had developed a reverberation and that and the new face-off stereo meant that I couldn't be bothered to listen to it any more. Weird...

I bought a pair of Alpines to replace the front door speakers and they came with tweeters which I mounted on the (technical term) little black triangle inside the door mirrors. Wasn't difficult, I had excellent instructions from an American loon on RAV4World.

Don't ask me about the sound quality, car had developed a reverberation and that and the new face-off stereo meant that I couldn't be bothered to listen to it any more. Weird...

Do the little black tringles just pop off ?

Yes, just grab it and bull it straight out. It's just some clips holding it. You also need to remove the inside door trim to get to the speaker wire. Thats a bit more tricky, but there's a nice guide that might help you.

There's a major flaw with Pip's approach on how to replace the oem Speakers. There should be a tight seal between the speaker and door, to give the bass more punch. Just use the original speaker as a spacer for your new speaker. Just remove the paper cone, and cut off the holders of the magnet. I did just this, and it works great!

Just remove the paper cone, and cut off the holders of the magnet. I did just this, and it works great!

Sounds intelligent. A bit hazy now, but I remember drilling out the rivets to remove the Speakers carefully, and never really getting the new ones to mount properly. There's something odd about the mounts, like they themselves are soft/wobbly plastic so it's not easy to simply screw the new ones into them.

A bit hazy now, but I remember drilling out the rivets to remove the speakers carefully, and never really getting the new ones to mount properly. There's something odd about the mounts, like they themselves are soft/wobbly plastic so it's not easy to simply screw the new ones into them.

No need to drill out the rivets... Just use a thin saw or something similar that can cut through plastic. Just make sure not to bump into the outer wall of the door, because that might leave a dent.

Yeah, they will fit as long as you either buy spacers that fit or follow my advice on how to use the old Speakers as spacers.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links