Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alloy Wheels

gordonh

I'm looking at getting a set of alloys for my Aygo, so a few questions.

1. Has anyone put a set of black alloys on a Carbon Quartz Aygo?

I've been looking at doing this instead of the normal silver alloys, but I'm a little concerned that the colour of the wheels/car are close enough that they'll look odd if they don't match better. Any pics would be great.

2. Any recommendations for online dealers?

I was looking at AlloyWheels.com but I've heard a few people mention on here that they are a bit hit'n'miss.

Thanks for your replies.

1. Has anyone put a set of black alloys on a Carbon Quartz Aygo?

I've been looking at doing this instead of the normal silver alloys, but I'm a little concerned that the colour of the wheels/car are close enough that they'll look odd if they don't match better. Any pics would be great.

2. Any recommendations for online dealers?

I was looking at AlloyWheels.com but I've heard a few people mention on here that they are a bit hit'n'miss.

Thanks for your replies.

Like this?

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/...00156_large.jpg

I'm not sure TBH. Gunmetal allows would be better!

Yep that image shows my worry perfectly, I expect the gunmetal would have a similar problem even though the colours are closer.

Looks like it's back to the regular silver alloys.

Maybe have an accent colour (red for example) on the interior gear gaiter, seats or brake calipers and pick the alloys to suit

Guido of 107 blog spot fame posted this

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=95354

Is that the sort of thing you were looking for? Personally I think they look great.

I sometimes wonder what my silver car would have looked like with them on, I didn't do it because I thought they might look too gangsta.

Regards

Andy

Guido's car is black, so that's not the problem.

But I think Black will fit perfectly under a dark car, IMHO it will only be ugly if you mismatch

an actual COLOR like red, green, blue of yellow. Black is Black, and will probably filt allmost

any body color, though on a dark car I'd opt for a polished edge on the rims...

You were asking about alloywheels.com. I was looking at their website as they have a vast selection of wheels at very good prices, but didn't see any 14 inch wheels listed for the Aygo. When I enquired via email if they would have any 14 inch alloys suitable for the Aygo I got a very curt reply 'we dont have any', so I would wonder how customer centric they are. Are they the ryanair of alloy wheels?

You were asking about alloywheels.com. I was looking at their website as they have a vast selection of wheels at very good prices, but didn't see any 14 inch wheels listed for the Aygo. When I enquired via email if they would have any 14 inch alloys suitable for the Aygo I got a very curt reply 'we dont have any', so I would wonder how customer centric they are. Are they the ryanair of alloy wheels?

Yep :yes:

Which has it's pro's and cons.

Regards

Andy

hi, if you do get some alloys, can I buy any undented steel wheels/tyres off youz? Please.

Andrew (in Kent)07871 421933

PICT0002.jpg

Example of dark alloys on a carbon quartz. 195x45x15 tyres on 6.5Jx15 rims.

These wheels have been sold and I shall be fitting Wolfrace pro-sprint 6x14 with 185x55x14 tyres.

Andrew

If/when I do get some alloys I'll probably end up just putting the steel wheels in the shed for storage just to keep my options open in the future. Have you tried calling a local breakers yard? There's a few sites on the web that'll search them for you, but you will probably find the breakers will want to get rid of old steel wheels as they are requested much.

noooo dont do it!!!

its all about contrast... if you have a dark car have something silver etc thatll show the bodywork up better :)

and the same if u have a light car ie: white... they look awesome with black wheels!

IMO if you're gonna spend a few hundred quid on some new wheels... u want people to notice them!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links