Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gear Lever Boot

ToyotaNewbie

Hi,

Does anyone know how to remove the gear lever boot on the verso? I've unscrewed the gear knob but can't shift the surround which it looks like needs to come off before you can get the old gear lever cover off.

thanks,

Martin

I don´t think you can remove it from the top.

I think you have to vents and plastic on each side of the aircondition unit first, then remove the aircondition unit itself in order to get to the upper 2 screws holding the shifter cover. There are 2 more plastic bolts holding the cover, one in driver and one in passenger footwell area and also a few clips. When all screws are undone the black plastic shifter cover (surrounding the crome and leather boot) will come of and you will see how it is fitted.

Sorry about my poor english but I hope it can help you.

Remove_shiftercover.pdf

Thanks for your help. It seems utterly ludicrous to have to remove half the dashboard to get at the gear lever boot!

Thanks for your help. It seems utterly ludicrous to have to remove half the dashboard to get at the gear lever boot!

Lol you obviously havent worked on many new cars, they are all getting like this now. Not as simple as they used to be thats for sure!

Mart :)

• 10 years later...

Hi do anyone no how to take of the sun visor on a toyota verso 2006 model