Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Traffic Wardens

Bizarra

So it took 1 hour and 45 minutes to purchase 6 small items? It might look to some that the driver came back to his car, saw the notice, and quickly went into the store to buy something to justify his parking there. I'm not accusing anyone of anything, I'm just saying.....

I have not broken any of their rules, they just cant make stuff up

PS I only carry tesco vouchers with me if I intend to go there

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bizarra

• Pompey Gaz

• vmail

• balli hi

A mate of mine who lives in a quiet cul de sac off wingletye lane in hornchurch, recieved a PCN through the post a few months back for having two wheels up on the pavement, but the surprising thing was , he ws done outside his house... like i said he lives in a quiet cul de sac with no yellow lines, and the only people that go there are basically the ones that live there, it turns out that all his neighbours got done as well, by the Councils newly aquired money printing machine..... YES a camera equipt SMART CAR!!!!!!!!!

Below is an image of one, used by Islington borough council

COMING TO A STREET NEAR YOU ... SOON

th_2407428320_6d69a8e5451.jpg

Today I parked in a parking space & paid my ticket :thumbsup:

Victor, I'm shocked you're conceding to pay parking fees in Balbriggan! :blink: You're like the Lord Mayor of that wee town, you should (and do in so many ways!) have the key to the city! :toast::yahoo::toast:

Ramona

Who are you??!! :blink::blink:

This will be the Ramona I get emails forwarded from Victor from then I guess! :lol:

Quick off the mark there, Em. Quite correct :thumbsup:

So it took 1 hour and 45 minutes to purchase 6 small items? It might look to some that the driver came back to his car, saw the notice, and quickly went into the store to buy something to justify his parking there. I'm not accusing anyone of anything, I'm just saying.....

Well done for re-using your bags though :) !

i would re-use mine but i never know how many i'll need and don't wanna look like a bag head by carrying loads round :(

So you didn't leave the area then.... all the receipt proves is that you shopped at Tescos (for 1 hour 45 minutes and purchased 6 items) but the actual notice is for leaving the site. The receipt doesn't prove that you didn't leave site, just that you went to Tescos at some point after you parked up (over an hour after you parked up)

Saying that, the letter is asking for receipts so I doubt they will notice the discrepancies we have....

no one emails me :(

And you wonder why "Bag Man" :bag:

haha i got two emails today and one asking for my personal address, personal phone and personal fax numbers so someone at Barclays can give me $460,000,000USD

one was Vmail and one from Sarah lol so yeah my wish came true haha

and tbf to Vmail I spent 2 hours in tesco on Friday just to buy some screenwash but I looked at the cd's, the dvd's the tv's, the hoovers, all the car bits and mulled over the air freshners, so its easily done no matter how many items you buy

haha i got two emails today and one asking for my personal address, personal phone and personal fax numbers so someone at Barclays can give me $460,000,000USD

and tbf to Vmail I spent 2 hours in tesco on Friday just to buy some screenwash but I looked at the cd's, the dvd's the tv's, the hoovers, all the car bits and mulled over the air freshners, so its easily done no matter how many items you buy

Also to be fair to Vmail, it's a total lottery at the checkouts usually. I always pick a nice, short queue to stand in - Then it happens.

The woman ( always women for some reason ) in front has a thousand vouchers for various items that she keeps in a hundred locations about her person, so the cashier has to deal with all of them. Then she'll notice a dent on a tin of tomatoes or something and go and get a new one ( other side of the shop ), then can't remember the pin number of any of the 13 credit cards she's trying. Finally, queries the total and double checks everything.................THEN starts packing !!! FFS

Women always profess to be 'born to shop'................you'd think that this would mean that they were good at it :(

I did leave the site but there was no sign saying that I am not allowed to leave the site.

Also to be fair to Vmail, it's a total lottery at the checkouts usually. I always pick a nice, short queue to stand in - Then it happens.

The woman ( always women for some reason ) in front has a thousand vouchers for various items that she keeps in a hundred locations about her person, so the cashier has to deal with all of them. Then she'll notice a dent on a tin of tomatoes or something and go and get a new one ( other side of the shop ), then can't remember the pin number of any of the 13 credit cards she's trying. Finally, queries the total and double checks everything.................THEN starts packing !!! FFS

Women always profess to be 'born to shop'................you'd think that this would mean that they were good at it :(

i always go for the fittest check out girl! lol Zoe in Cleethorpes is my favourite haha! i usually pay by card, and for some reason mine always declines first time :\ dunnoo last week i had £80 in my account, £5 on me and my £11 shopping wouldn't go through so i had to put some stuff back haha

if you went off site Vmail thats a totally different ball game.

shame on you

no one emails me :(

And you wonder why "Bag Man" :bag:

come on then prince charming lets see a picture of you, the phrase people in glass houses comes to mind tbh

Traffic Wardens are evil. I swear they lurk in bushes waiting to jump out the moment you leave your car unattended and slap a ticket on it. Who else would wonder around at ungodly hours and in diabolical weather making sure cars aren't parked illegally. Does it pay that well? They're dreadful in Reading.

Traffic Wardens are evil. I swear they lurk in bushes waiting to jump out the moment you leave your car unattended and slap a ticket on it. Who else would wonder around at ungodly hours and in diabolical weather making sure cars aren't parked illegally. Does it pay that well? They're dreadful in Reading.

When the weather is bad, you can be fairly sure that ours won't be about :rolleyes:

One day when I was parking legally :eek: I put 1 euro in the meter & when I didn't get out a ticket, I saw the sign that it was out of order. It didn't give me back my Euro either :censor:

I had seen the Warden @ the end of the street, heading my way, so I told him what had happened & that I was only going to the Chemists to pick up pills to keep me alive :rolleyes: . He burst out laughing & said "It isn't often we get money out of you, Victor. Don't worry, you are ok & I'm going off duty in a few minutes anyway " :thumbsup:

When the weather is bad, you can be fairly sure that ours won't be about :rolleyes:

One day when I was parking legally :eek: I put 1 euro in the meter & when I didn't get out a ticket, I saw the sign that it was out of order. It didn't give me back my Euro either :censor:

I had seen the Warden @ the end of the street, heading my way, so I told him what had happened & that I was only going to the Chemists to pick up pills to keep me alive :rolleyes: . He burst out laughing & said "It isn't often we get money out of you, Victor. Don't worry, you are ok & I'm going off duty in a few minutes anyway " :thumbsup:

:lol: Victor, any chance we can swap ours over here for yours over there......... Traffic wardens that is :blink:

what are you talking about? they were wrong

lol

exactly but most people would have just gone with it, instead of finding out about fighting it :)

lol

exactly but most people would have just gone with it, instead of finding out about fighting it :)

Your right Gaz, most people do just roll over and die, where parking tickets are concerned , whilst i was appealing against mine, my wife said why don't you just pay it ,cos you won't win.

This she said after a couple of months of letters going back and forth between me and the council, and the council sticking by their man stating that they were sure that correct and proper procedures were followed, but there was no way i was going to part with £80 lightly,

When an appeal is at a stalemate, with you and the authority, you have the option to take your appeal to the PARKING ADJUDICATOR, which of course i did, a further two months went by, when i recieved a letter from the council stating that the PCN had been canceled and also the NOTICE TO OWNER, with no explanation as to why, not that i was bothered though, but i later found out that once an appeal drags on over a certain period of time the council will most always drop the case, because their system can get backed up and it can become costly and time consuming to pursue each and every case.

The funny thing was, about 3 weeks after the council had recinded my ticket, the parking adjudicator sent me a letter stating that they had found in my favour ( i should point out that you can either appeal in person or by post, i appealed by post ) it did leave me wondering what would have happened if the Adjudicators had found against me :lol:

Update:

3097_72192105853_582275853_1602601_6935306_n.jpg

Look at the date on that letter! Maybe the evil warden played an April Fool's joke on you!! :D

• 1 month later...

:ffs: I think i have just got done by Havering Borough's camera smart car , i was parked in a side street up the road from my sons school waiting for him to come out , when a women knocked on my window and told me that the camera car was nearby , i could'nt see it , so i asked where ?, she said right behind that jeep that your parked in front of , how i never saw the f :censor: blood sucking leach drive up, is a mystery , i thought i might have been ok because i was backed up fairly tight to the jeep and my number plate would have been out of view , but as i drove away i could see that the buggers now have the ability to up periscope as much as ten feet in the air, so they can look over & down , so the likelihood is that i've been done :censor: looks like i'll have to pay this one :crybaby: anyway i'll know for certain in a week or so if the dreaded envelope drops on the mat :fear:

:ffs: I think i have just got done by Havering Borough's camera smart car , i was parked in a side street up the road from my sons school waiting for him to come out , when a women knocked on my window and told me that the camera car was nearby , i could'nt see it , so i asked where ?, she said right behind that jeep that your parked in front of , how i never saw the f :censor: blood sucking leach drive up, is a mystery , i thought i might have been ok because i was backed up fairly tight to the jeep and my number plate would have been out of view , but as i drove away i could see that the buggars now have the ability to up periscope as much as ten feet in the air, so they can look over & down , so the likelihood is that i've been done :censor: looks like i'll have to pay this one :crybaby: anyway i'll know for certain in a week or so if the dreaded envelope drops on the mat :fear:

Best of luck :rolleyes: Maybe they couldn't see you, hopefully :unsure: Our lot put a ticket on your windscreen & if you are sitting there, waiting, they usually tell you that you can't do that , & suggest that it might be a good idea if you moved on :P

Of course, this is in a smallish Town where everyone knows everyone :group-cuddles: I wouldn't push my luck in Dublin :fear:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links