Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Dynamic Rear Spoiler

Murraysere

I have an Avensis 1.8 52 Reg car, I like the look of the Dynamic Rear Spoiler with brakelight

(Toyota Accessory), so I contacted my Toyota dealer and got the shock of my life, they quoted

me £405 (Vat inclusive) spoiler/painted and fully fitted.

Now I'm not sure if it's worth modifying my car with a rear spoiler.

Has anyone else installed a rear spoiler on their car, where did you go and how much did it cost ?

:eek:

ask ken nicely and he mite put up a picture of his subtle little lip style spoiler :rolleyes:

very happy with the quality of workmanship and was well worth the money in my eyes,

im surprised what a difference it makes to the hole look of the car!

Unfortunately I'm nowhere near Doncaster (I live near Aberdeen) so I considered buying a spoiler via the internet and getting a local body shop to spray and fit. The total cost was cheaper than the Toyota Dealer supply/spray and fit quote. I finally decided to just order it through my Toyota Dealer, I must have more money then sense. Well, the Toyota Dealer will collect and return the car form my work with the spoiler fully fitted.

Em, I assume the insurance company, will need to be advised of this change to the car ?

:group-cuddles:

Em, I assume the insurance company, will need to be advised of this change to the car ?

:group-cuddles:

Yep, my insurance went up £46 when i added this spoiler ages ago. Best bet would to order the spoiler from donny and have it sprayed in Aberdeen :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

My Toyota Service Dept, is unable to get hold of a Toyota Avensis GS rear spoiler with brakelight,

they just keep it on order but it never arrives. When I mentioned that I would get one fitted

by another company, I was advised not to as it would invalidate my Toyota Warranty, is this true ?

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a Genuine Toyota Avensis Rear Spoiler with

brake light ?

:help:

• 2 years later...

My Toyota Service Dept, is unable to get hold of a Toyota Avensis GS rear spoiler with brakelight,

they just keep it on order but it never arrives. When I mentioned that I would get one fitted

by another company, I was advised not to as it would invalidate my Toyota Warranty, is this true ?

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a Genuine Toyota Avensis Rear Spoiler with

brake light ?

i saw on here a few months ago that its was possible to fit a MG Rover ZR25 rear spoiler,is this true? as i have a 2.0 SR-VVTI with standard spoiler fitted,and would love to fit a bigger rear spoiler.

are there any that can be bought and fitted straight on or do you need to modify to fit first?

brake light ?

It would invalidate some sections of your warranty to have the work done outside of the dealer network. For example if they have to drill the boot lid to fit the spoiler and later you have a rust problem with the boot lid it's unlikely you'll be able claim against your warranty.

However should they have to drill the boot lid and then the engine goes bang it'd be difficult for them to refuse to do work because you've damaged it with after market work. Since it's completely unrelated they'd still probably do the work

brake light ?

It would invalidate some sections of your warranty to have the work done outside of the dealer network. For example if they have to drill the boot lid to fit the spoiler and later you have a rust problem with the boot lid it's unlikely you'll be able claim against your warranty.

However should they have to drill the boot lid and then the engine goes bang it'd be difficult for them to refuse to do work because you've damaged it with after market work. Since it's completely unrelated they'd still probably do the work

https://www.abstyling.co.uk/catalog/shoppin...;osCsid=7ea4f9e

I eventually fitted the genuine Toyota spoiler and one year later rolled the car off the road (glad I didnt have a sunroof) Dec 05, I went out and bought another avensis GS 2002 :crybaby:

My replaced Avensis was ftted with a MS Design rear spoiler from Ab Styling, they shipped one across from Munich, it looks much better than the Toyota spoiler. :lol:

I also modded my car with seom smoked wind deflectors, they look good but make no difference to defecting the wind.

I also fitted 4 x 17'' Monte Carlo Allessio alloys with 17 x 45 x 215 Toyo's.

Oh I also fitted front Ice Blue light bulbs, look cool but I dont think they are as bright as the original light bulbs.

I have just bought some NGK Iridium IX SPARK PLUG - BKR5EIX-11 for £25, save me buying

anymore in the future, has anyone else fitted these ?

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a nice car, shame you can't post a pic yet. What's the ride like with 35 profile tyres? Mine's lumpy enough with 45s on 17" rims.