Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Enquired About A Car On Autotrader

plus one

i sent....

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 10:15 PM, lauren shead wrote:

hello. i have just been viewing your toyota yaris on auto trader and was wondering if there was a reason it was quite cheap??

i am looking into getting a new shape toyota yaris soon!!

thanks lauren shead

i got this reply.....

Hello there and sorry for my late reply ,

Please take a time and read this email with attention, because I want you to understand how the transaction works.

I am writing you regarding the 2007 TOYOTA YARIS 1.3 VVT-I T SPIRIT 3DR listed on auto trader. The car it's still for sale.It's in perfect condition inside and outside as well, never been implicated in accidents .

The car is located in Birmingham, UK . I have the full service history and the MOT will expire in Nov 2009.

The price that I'm asking for the car is GBP 2200.

I just opened a store in my home city Augsburg / Germany and I need a car here . I already found one but i need to sell the one from Birmingham . UK .

Few days ago a person told me that he is very interested to buy the car and i need to fly to UK to make the transaction as soon as I can .I came to Birmingham next day because I trusted his word, but when I arrived I called him and he never answered me again. It's not about the money for the plane tickets but i lost 2 working days for nothing.

The time it's very precious for me.I am a genuine person and he disappointed me.

I just want to know if you really intend to buy the car because for this time I will fly to UK only if i have an insurance. I just want to see that you are a serious person and will be no problem if you don't want to buy the car.I need to be sure that you will be there.

I need a reason for you to come to Birmingham and the best way it's to transfer GBP 2200 ON YOUR NAME to Birmingham via Western Union .You have to find a Western Union office near you and ask a relative or a friend to send the money to your name to Birmingham . Your friend will go with your cash at w.u. and send the money (he will be the sender name) to your name , but on the receiver city he must write Birmingham, so you will be receiver name and can pick up your money from my town.

When the transfer it's made you have to send a scanned copy of the W.U. receipt. In this way I will be sure that I have a serious buyer with cash money available. If you decide to buy the car after you will test it we will go to Western Union and you will pick up your money and pay me cash . I will help you with the documents.

So as you can see I am not asking you to send money in advance to me , my name it's not implicated. You will be the receiver of the money and ONLY you can pick the money from Western Union only in Birmingham/UK .

If you are still interested to make the deal with me please reply asap

Thank you for your understanding .

Cheers

P.S.

Here are some pictures with the car . Just click on the links below :

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6087/97229695.jpg

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/9392/58581373.jpg

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/8914/50917900.jpg

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/9059/66861135.jpg

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2173/54703241.jpg

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/5497/63615694.jpg

just wondering what your thoughts are on this, doesnt quite add up to me

Sounds a bit dodgy to me Lauren.... I'd steer clear. If the price is too good to be true, it probably is!

SCAM!!!

Report him.... you'd never see that money again if you sent it

Run away. Money transfer via Western Union? I think not. Also, why does a 2007 car have an MOT that runs out in November this year. That means it was MOT'd in 2008 - when it was one year old.

Scam scam scam.

Run away. Money transfer via Western Union? I think not. Also, why does a 2007 car have an MOT that runs out in November this year. That means it was MOT'd in 2008 - when it was one year old.

Scam scam scam.

Excellent point! I didn't even twig at the fact it's meant to be an 07 plate so it wouldn't need an MOT til 2010! :lol:

I think I'll buy it :yes:

Once my bank details have cleared that I sent the nice African man regarding the 10 million pounds that is in my name but needs to transfer into my account :thumbsup:

Why is Andy not assisting you with this..... get him off his poker-playing bum and get him to vet out the weasels! :thumbsup:

I would like to think that Autotrader have some kind of sanity checker, sadly it appears they don't and will happily take peoples money and stick ads up with a standard disclaimer eg We can't be held responsible for the content of ads etc etc

As mentioned its far to good to be true.

Why is Andy not assisting you with this..... get him off his poker-playing bum and get him to vet out the weasels! :thumbsup:

he said it didnt seem right and told me to ask on here for other thoughts

i havent emailed back the person back!!!!

Autotrader do have a team that look for these scams, but they don't pick them all up... I was almost entised by one for a Vauxhall Astra but after extensive research and probing questions to the seller they soon left me alone :thumbsup: best thing is to report them, or give it a day or two and autotrader may email you regarding it being a scam :rolleyes:

It’s a scam, post the sellers email address on here or PM me and I will have some fun with that one! :thumbsup:

do people really get caught out with this scam? i honestly dont see how people could be so naieve (sp?). there are loads and loads of them on auto trader you can spot them easy as they all say email me only and have there email address plastered all over the add.

if you do like the yaris in question have a look on eBay you mite just find the genuine car for sale by the genuine seller. i was looking at minis a while ago and found that the people doing dodgey adds on autotrader had nicked the pics off eBay adds.

when i buy a car i

1. phone up and speak to the seller in person and ask as many questions as possible.

2. then hpi the car, not a crappy data check for 4 quid a proper full hpi.

3. view the car and and check it over properly, just coz its hpi clear doesnt mean its not been in a smash (if you dont know what your looking for take somebody along who does. if you dont know anybody then pay the likes of the RAC or AA or a good mechanic to check it.

4. if im happy negotiate a price.

5. go to collect the car and pay for it.

never ever pay for a car with out seeing it and checking it!

I think I'll buy it :yes:

Once my bank details have cleared that I sent the nice African man regarding the 10 million pounds that is in my name but needs to transfer into my account :thumbsup:

But the nice African man is sending me all the money :D

i'm still waiting on my $62million Aus. lol i gotta letter two years ago saying i won some sort of lottery i must have bought a ticket too when drunk cause i can't remember and they said cause i was a foreign national if i gave them my sort codee and account number they would transfer it :)

The nice African people were sending me more millions than I could ever dream of, too :lol:

There were 3 options (1) As usual, send all my Bank Details :o Not bleeding likely :angry:

(2) I can't remember for sure what it was, but no chance.

(3) receive a Bank Graft which I could go out to collect in person :g: Hmmmmmm :unsure:

Could go out & if any trouble, kick up a stink, get a Lawyer, show him the conditions in the notice etc, etc. I Googled it---- A scam :arrgg-matey:

Oh well, dreams are nice :lol:

:offtopic:

The nice African people were sending me more millions than I could ever dream of, too :lol:

Are these the same Africans that have been fleecing us for the past 50 years in charitable donations?

Are these the same Africans that have been fleecing us for the past 50 years in charitable donations?

Probably ;) & now upgrading to bigger & better things :arrgg-matey:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links