Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice Needed

sephton19661

Hi All

I have been away for a while but im now back with a new celica need some advice as i have never had this model before.

The car i have is a Toyota Celica ST202 1994 (L) reg 103,000KM (not miles) Auto transmision.2.0l Jap Import.

The problem i am having is with the auto transmision there are a few settings on there and i dont know what to set them on i'll tell you about whats happened so far.

I Purchased the car from nottingham on thursday put £30 of petrol in to get me home to newcastle just under 200 miles.

Now with it being dark and wanting to get home i just put it in drive and left it that way all the way home when i arrived home i still had 1/4 tank of petrol Great i thought.

Next day got up and went to the garage and put in £15.00 of petrol that took the guage to 1/2 full now the problem i have is that ive only covered 55KM urban driving around town and to work and its nearly all gone again.

Now i have noticed that there is 3 buttons there is a MAN Button PWR Button And Overdrive button on the gearstick its self.

Now i think the man button keeps it in the same gear till you press it again power button will give you like a sports mode feature.

Overdrive im not to sure on but when i press this button the rev counter seems to go right down should this button only be used like on motorways and long journeys or can it be used around town .

All i need is the best set up for town driving and motorway driving to get the most of the petrol.

Also there is a light contantly on the dashboard it a orange light car shape with six lines at the bottom 3 at each side was wondering what this was as i cant turn it off.

Any help would and advise would most gratefull

Sephton19661

(martin)

overdrive on = 4 speed box

overdrive off = 3 speed box

pwr on the car stays in gear longer before changing = better acceleration speeds .

light on dash means a rear bulb is not working or poor earth .

mpg for your car is about 28 mpg at 56mph . 20 mpg around town .

overdrive on = 4 speed box

overdrive off = 3 speed box

pwr on the car stays in gear longer before changing = better acceleration speeds .

light on dash means a rear bulb is not working or poor earth .

mpg for your car is about 28 mpg at 56mph . 20 mpg around town .

Hi checked lights on back of car there are 4 red lights on all the time 2 each side is this right.

Or should it be 1 each side with brake lights not sure on this one.

Orange light is supposed to signify a light defect howere I changed every bulb and still could not make the light go out.

post-71106-1238245544_thumb.jpg

I have been informed that this is something to do with the addition of a sepaerate fog Light for uk requirements

Either way it wouldnot go out so I removed Dash and took bulb out - to solve problem for me

Orange light is supposed to signify a light defect howere I changed every bulb and still could not make the light go out.

post-71106-1238245544_thumb.jpg

I have been informed that this is something to do with the addition of a sepaerate fog Light for uk requirements

Either way it wouldnot go out so I removed Dash and took bulb out - to solve problem for me

All the lights work as they should think i'll leave it not doing any harm just wanted to know what it was.