Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Possible Iq Replacement

paul27

Hi Everyone :D

Well i have just had a meeting with the sale's manager at my dealership and the out come is

On monday 30th i will be taking my car back to the dealership (AGAIN) he will be giving me

there white IQ demo to use for the entire duration it will take to rectify all the issues

with my vehicle,

All the problems are!!!!

Faulty Gearbox eg. no reverse gear, constant problems with 2nd even though they fixed it

Paint fading on the front & rear bumpers

Radio keeps losing its memory

And an awful knocking noise from under the car

With the paint issue he is going to get someone from TOYOTA GB to access it,

So the outcome will be if i'm not satisfied with the car when it's sorted he will

arrange a brand new car for me :yes:

so i'll let you all know what happens :thumbsup:

Glad to hear they are taking some positive actions to finally rectify the problems! Keep us updated! :thumbsup:

Glad to hear they are taking some positive actions to finally rectify the problems! Keep us updated! :thumbsup:

if I ever ever ever get my car (still looking for the boat) and that kind of stuff happens to me, I will want a new car. end of story

In fact, toyota should have offered you a new one by now.

Looks like you got yourself a lemon.

I am so unimpressed by toyota right now that I wonder if I should bother at all with this car.

if I ever ever ever get my car (still looking for the boat) and that kind of stuff happens to me, I will want a new car. end of story

In fact, toyota should have offered you a new one by now.

if that had been my car, I'd have bypassed the dealership by now and spoke to Toyota direct, expecting a new car, nothing less, take no s**t from them

Hey everyone :D

Slight update :thumbsup:

I spoke to my garage today (as they have now had my car for 4-days and still counting), not the sales manager

who i'm dealing with as its his day off Typical but the assitant sales manager

He told me that the salesman who has been using my car (because i'm using his demo) to try and experience

the problems with the gearbox for himself had finally experienced the same problem that i've been experiencing

no reverse, 2nd gear and 1st :yahoo:

At long last its happened to someone else at that garage because everytime i've been there the !Removed! car

has behaved its self so i have had many awasted trips :wacko:

So thats one thing for them to get on with (gearbox) but i still dont know when the paint inspector from

Toyota GB is coming to inspect the fading bumpers yet :ffs:

But there is still no answer to what is causing the knocking noise from under the car and why

my radio keeps losing its memory :censor:

So as soon as i find out i'll let you all know :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Everyone :D

Well i have just had a meeting with the sale's manager at my dealership and the out come is

On monday 30th i will be taking my car back to the dealership (AGAIN) he will be giving me

there white IQ demo to use for the entire duration it will take to rectify all the issues

with my vehicle,

All the problems are!!!!

Faulty Gearbox eg. no reverse gear, constant problems with 2nd even though they fixed it

Paint fading on the front & rear bumpers

Radio keeps losing its memory

And an awful knocking noise from under the car

With the paint issue he is going to get someone from TOYOTA GB to access it,

So the outcome will be if i'm not satisfied with the car when it's sorted he will

arrange a brand new car for me :yes:

so i'll let you all know what happens :thumbsup:

Hiya everyone :D

Right it has now boiled down to this result (which i didn't want) but i am now

rejecting my vehicle because i've just had enough with all the constant issue's

i've had from day one with this FU--ING car. :ffs:

My car in general has now been with my dealership for a month now, during that time

not one member of staff has been bothered to call me, so i've been doing all the chasing around,

there is no end in sight for all the issue's with 2nd & reverse gear or the fading paint on the bumpers,

enough is enough,

so i want to take this opportunity to wish all you IQ owners out there GOOD LUCK

I'd speak to Toyota directly as well mate, that's appauling service :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links