Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Key Programming

sparky77

Can anyone help with the programming of a key fob to start the engine.

I have purchased a fob and case, had the key cut, but still cannot get the car started after following the sequence of turning the key 5 times and opening the door 6 times.

There seem to be some confusion on whether the new key should turn on or stay off, but neither have worked.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cant remember the full sequence but after doing the key turning and door opening, put new key in and turn ign on. Procedure says to leave for 60 secs but i've had to leave it for upto 5 mins before it has registered in the past.

HI there,

Please find this links

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...mp;#entry716734

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...c=72902&hl=

What model do you have?Which year?

I had to do the procedure and then remove good key out put empty one and wait more than 60 seconds, the led should blink you would notice. If you have got already 4 keys pre-registered, so you can not add any more (it has happened to me), so then you have to use procedure to delete all of them. Do not worries, the one in the ignition won't be deleted.

There are 2 different procedures to program immobilizer and auto alarm (locking and unlocking).

Keep us posted

Good luck

tczwoju

HI there,

Please find this links

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...mp;#entry716734

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...c=72902&hl=

What model do you have?Which year?

I had to do the procedure and then remove good key out put empty one and wait more than 60 seconds, the led should blink you would notice. If you have got already 4 keys pre-registered, so you can not add any more (it has happened to me), so then you have to use procedure to delete all of them. Do not worries, the one in the ignition won't be deleted.

There are 2 different procedures to program immobilizer and auto alarm (locking and unlocking).

Keep us posted

Good luck

tczwoju

Links dont work right (for me anyway). Take me to ToyotaOwnersClub.com home page.

Hi tczwoju,

I have a 53 T4 1.8, I will need to consider looking at deleting the keys already stored, although i am relucatant as i have only 1no. black master key!

Hi tczwoju,

I have a 53 T4 1.8, I will need to consider looking at deleting the keys already stored, although i am relucatant as i have only 1no. black master key!

Hi sprky77

I t will work on you car because my is 2003 new shape(03).I had only one master key(black)as well.Put his key in to ignition and use the deleting procedure in the link below.Once you erase all other keys you can add new ones.

Rgds

tczwoju

Hi tczwoju,

Is the delete procedure you refer to, the rewrite procedure as refered to in the link?

Thanks

Mark

You’ll know if the keys worked if the immobiliser light next to the passenger seatbelt light stops blinking.

Hi tczwoju,

Is the delete procedure you refer to, the rewrite procedure as refered to in the link?

Thanks

Mark

Hi Sparky,

I think it is this,

I Used this to erase the keys :

You can erase all the keys and start over by turning a working master key 6 times and then opening and closing the door 7 times. Then remove the key and reprogram again.

The master key that you use during this procedure obviously doesn't get deleted. (At least it didn't when I did it!).

Then this to add the new key :

"Programming New Keys"

STEPS:

1. Begin by sitting in the driver seat with all the doors shut.

2. Insert your working master (black) key in the ignition.

3. Very Quickly, turn the key from "LOCK" to "ON" 5 times. (You will end with the key in the "LOCK" position)

4. Immediately, open and close the driver door 6 times very quickly. (End with the door closed)

5. Immediately, remove your working Master Key and insert your new Master Key

6. Turn the key to the "ON" position and leave it there while you wait for 1 minute.

7. After the minute, if you want to program another key, just remove the first one and insert the next one, turning it to "ON" and leaving it in position for 1 minute.

8. When you are through programming keys, just take the last one out, open and then close the driver door to lock in the programming, and your done

For info, my car is a 2004 Toyota Avensis D4D T-Spirit.

The above only alows you to programme the immobiliser part of the key. Does anyone know the procedure to programme the remote buttons for the alarm and door locks???? The link in the previous posts

Hi Tczwoju,

Thanks for the info, I will try to follow the procedure and let you know how I get on.

Cheers.

Guys,

I can confirm that nothing has worked so far and it is proving extremelly frustrating.

Could I possible have the wrong transponder in the new key?

I took both keys apart and the part numbers on both the transponders appears to be different.

Any help would be greatful.

Guys,

I can confirm that nothing has worked so far and it is proving extremelly frustrating.

Could I possible have the wrong transponder in the new key?

I took both keys apart and the part numbers on both the transponders appears to be different.

Any help would be greatful.

Hi Sparky,

Just try to do this very quickly.I had to do this few times before I made it.I can not tell you what transponder number I have because I'm on the vessel now somewhere on the Atlantic.I have got 3 buttons key.

Rgds

Tczwoju

Ok I will give it another try with the ignition x5 and door sequence x6 for adding key.

Thanks

Still no joy?

I must be doing something fundamentally wrong.

There is no difference in the flashing LED on the dash.

Did anyone else have this problem!

Still no joy?

I must be doing something fundamentally wrong.

There is no difference in the flashing LED on the dash.

Did anyone else have this problem!

That means that the key isn’t working with the immobiliser. A soon as you put the key in the ignition in the lock position the LED should go out to show that it is the right coded key.

I have tried the ignition 5 times and the door 6 times.

the new key still isnt being programmed.

I have also tried the delete sequence with same results :-((

Sparky

Hey,

Firstly, thanks to everyone who has contributed to this post - Tcwoju your help has been excellent

I have managed to progrsm the locks with the fob.

It would appear from reading the previuos posts that I have achieved the hard bit!

The immobliser is the bit I am still struggling with?

I have again done the key in x 5 and the door x 6 without any success. The LED still blinks as usual during this progress.

Is anyone one aware familuar with the Chips in the transponder unit, I would assume if I have the doors working from the fob that the chip is the coorect typr ?

I had also tried the earase seqeunce, but am relucactant incase I earase my only working master key.

Any assistance would be appreaciate.

Hey,

Firstly, thanks to everyone who has contributed to this post - Tcwoju your help has been excellent

I have managed to progrsm the locks with the fob.

It would appear from reading the previuos posts that I have achieved the hard bit!

The immobliser is the bit I am still struggling with?

I have again done the key in x 5 and the door x 6 without any success. The LED still blinks as usual during this progress.

Is anyone one aware familuar with the Chips in the transponder unit, I would assume if I have the doors working from the fob that the chip is the coorect typr ?

I had also tried the earase seqeunce, but am relucactant incase I earase my only working master key.

Any assistance would be appreaciate.

HI Sparky,

Great news, this means that the procedure is working.

Are you sure you doing this properly?. If the locking system is working then the immobilizer should do as well.

Are you doing this enough quick, maybe very quick? Once you do this with key and doors, and then put the spare key to position on, do you see any difference in led on dashboard? If not that is mean that you not in programming mode yet.

You have got only few seconds between operations maybe even less, so keep trying.

Rgds

Tczwoju

Tczwoju,

There has been no change to the LED status upon completion of the key and door procedure, its just a steady flash every second - just as the LED would normally operate without the key in it!

My only hope may be to give this another go tommorow evening - only quicker and post the feedback to help others who may come across this problem.

Thanks for the info.

Regards

Sparky.

For anyone who is interested in this thread,

I have found that turnig the key from ACC to ON on the ignition barrell is now acting on the ECU, with the tuning the key x 5 and opening and closing door x 6. Before turning from off to on wasnt allowing me into the ECU programming mode.

The LED is now blink in x3 and x4 sequences, which it wasnt doing before.

Unfortunatley the LED resorts back to the nomal 1 second blink after the minute and appears not to have programmed the new key.

I am reluctant to carry ou the erases seqeunce incase the working master I have doesnt respond after this.

Could anyone advise me on their past experiences.

Thanks

For anyone who is interested in this thread,

I have found that turnig the key from ACC to ON on the ignition barrell is now acting on the ECU, with the tuning the key x 5 and opening and closing door x 6. Before turning from off to on wasnt allowing me into the ECU programming mode.

The LED is now blink in x3 and x4 sequences, which it wasnt doing before.

Unfortunatley the LED resorts back to the nomal 1 second blink after the minute and appears not to have programmed the new key.

I am reluctant to carry ou the erases seqeunce incase the working master I have doesnt respond after this.

Could anyone advise me on their past experiences.

Thanks

Hi Sparky,

This is a good progress. In this way, are you sure that the new key is in the ignition and in position “on” and doors are closed? Just after you go to programming mode?

It seems to be that it is trying to program it now due to that this led’s flashing quicker, this is a very good sign. Put the new key as quick as possible after mode entry in to the ignition, maybe this is a problem.

However, go thru the procedure again and make sure you are not missing something.

I know it is just idle talk but maybe will help.

When the programming procedure is finished after 60 sec or more, do you do something to exit from this programming mode? I think there is something to do such as” open door and close” I can not remember.

If you still wont be able to do it might be a faulty transponder.

Good luck

tczwoju

hi tczwoju,

thanks for the info, will try again over the weekend and let you know.

cheers

sparky77

• 3 weeks later...

Try this. For remote alarm/central locking programming, when key added or replaced, and/or system malfunction. 1 Drivers door open and key removed from ignition switch. 2 insert key into ignition switch, then remove it twice within 5 seconds. 3 Within 40 seconds,close and open drivers door twice. 4 Insert key into ignition switch, then remove it. 5 Within 40 seconds, open drivers door twice. 6 Insert ignition key into ignition switch. 7 Close drivers door. 8 Switch ignition ON and OFF once to program a new key code whilst retaining the original codes, or twice to program a new key code whilst erasing the original codes. 9 Remove key. 10 System should now lock and unlock vehicle, once or twice depending on which mode has been selected. 11 Carry out the following procedure within 20 seconds. 12 Press key lock for a minimum of 1 second and release. 13 Within 3 seconds. press key lock button for a minimum of 1 second and release. 14 System should now lock and unlock. NOTE: IF SYSTEM LOCKS AND UNLOCKS VEHICLE TWICE, PROGRAMMING PROCEDURE HAS NOT BEEN COMPLETED. REPEAT BUTTON PROCEDURE. 15 If required, repeat button procedure to program remaining keys. For Immobiliser when key added or replaced, and/ or system malfunction. 1 Obtain 1 programmed black key. 2 Insert programmed black key into ignition switch. 3 Within 15 seconds, press and release accelerator pedal 5 times. 4 Within 20 seconds, press and release brake pedal 6 times. 5 Remove black key. 6 Within 10 seconds, insert black key to be programmed into ignition switch. 7 Within 10 seconds, press and release accelerator pedal once. 8 Wait a minimum of 70 seconds. 9 Remove key. 10 if programming another key, within 10 seconds, insert black key to be programmed into ignition switch, press and release accelerator pedal once, wait a minimum of 70 seconds, and remove key. NOTE A MAXIMUM OF 7 KEYS CAN BE PROGRAMMED. Programming the grey key. 1 Obtain 1 programmed black key. 2 Insert programmed black key into ignition switch. 3 Within 15 seconds,press and release accelerator pedal 4 times. 4 Within 20 seconds, press and release brake pedal 5 times. 5 Remove black key. 6 Within 10 seconds, insert grey key to be programmed into the ignition switch. 7 Within 10 seconds, press and release the accelerator pedal once. 8 Wait a minimum of 70 seconds. 9 Remove key. 10 If programming another key, within 10 seconds insert grey key to be programmed into ignition switch. press and release accelerator pedal once. Wait a minimum of 70 seconds. Remove key. NOTE A MAXIMUM OF 3 GREY KEYS CAN BE PROGRAMMED. END NOTE. TO EXIT PROGRAMMING MODE. REMOVE IGNITION KEY, AND PRESS BRAKE PEDAL AT LEAST ONCE WITHIN 10 SECONDS OR WAIT 10 SECONDS.I have a mechanic friend, who works for a Toyota garage, who explained it to me, along with a certain workshop manual. It has worked for me. It is long and drawn out, but i hope it helps you.