Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Key Programming

sparky77

Guys I have read all the way thro' the threads on key reprogramming and have got as far as getting 2 second hand remote fobs working for the doors, I bought the second because the first appeared not to be working.

Every time I try the immobiliser part of the routine the LED blinks in a series of 2+3 flashes for 60 secs then reverts to normal i.e 1 flash.

Help! I've tried the delete procedure to make sure i'm not maxed out on keys but no luck! my wife thinks she's done something to offend me 'cos i've been out at the car for so long :unsure:

The car is an '04 plate 2.0 D-4D T3-s Tourer. I have one black master key and no grey sub key.

Thanks in anticipation of some cure for this insanity.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have a 98 Avensis CDX 2.0i saloon. The central locking and imobiliser have a fault on them which means I cannot use the key fob to lock/unlock the door. I only have one key which, unfortunately, has a faulty transponder which means that I can only arm the alarm. In order to stop the alarm sounding each time I opened the door, I removed the DOME fuse.

I have found a reasonably priced blank key with transponder and think that this might help. Does anyone have any thoughts that this may work?

Many thanks

• 2 months later...
Guys I have read all the way thro' the threads on key reprogramming and have got as far as getting 2 second hand remote fobs working for the doors, I bought the second because the first appeared not to be working.

Every time I try the immobiliser part of the routine the LED blinks in a series of 2+3 flashes for 60 secs then reverts to normal i.e 1 flash.

Help! I've tried the delete procedure to make sure i'm not maxed out on keys but no luck! my wife thinks she's done something to offend me 'cos i've been out at the car for so long :unsure:

The car is an '04 plate 2.0 D-4D T3-s Tourer. I have one black master key and no grey sub key.

Hi Everyone.

Firstly I must apologise for posting this twice. I've just posted a reply to an earlier thread before finding this one which seems more recent. I didn't really want to duplicate post but I'm getting the same issue as mentioned in this thread.

After the ignition/door sequence (ignition 5 / door 6) I remove the master key and get a solid red led. I immediately insert the new key and turn to on. The LED starts blinking 2 then 3 for about a minute (slightly less) after which it returns to flashing once every 2 secs. I remove the key and open/shut the door. Key does not start car. LED continues to blink even when the new key is in the ignition. Existing master works fine.

I have tried every speed possible from moderately fast, to extremely fast. Same LED sequence every time except when I purposely do it slow which leads me to think I'm doing it fast enough.

When inserting the new key, I have tried both turning the new key to ON and also leaving it on LOCK. LED blinks 2 then 3 for 1 min regardless which I do.

I have tried the erase sequence (ignition 6 / door 7) and the red led above the radio lights for a second or so (as if to confirm this has worked - although I have no way of checking). Confirmation mode doesn't seem to do anything.

Local locksmith put both keys in his 'cloner' and both show as having the same transponder chip.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Everyone.

Firstly I must apologise for posting this twice. I've just posted a reply to an earlier thread before finding this one which seems more recent. I didn't really want to duplicate post but I'm getting the same issue as mentioned in this thread.

After the ignition/door sequence (ignition 5 / door 6) I remove the master key and get a solid red led. I immediately insert the new key and turn to on. The LED starts blinking 2 then 3 for about a minute (slightly less) after which it returns to flashing once every 2 secs. I remove the key and open/shut the door. Key does not start car. LED continues to blink even when the new key is in the ignition. Existing master works fine.

I have tried every speed possible from moderately fast, to extremely fast. Same LED sequence every time except when I purposely do it slow which leads me to think I'm doing it fast enough.

When inserting the new key, I have tried both turning the new key to ON and also leaving it on LOCK. LED blinks 2 then 3 for 1 min regardless which I do.

I have tried the erase sequence (ignition 6 / door 7) and the red led above the radio lights for a second or so (as if to confirm this has worked - although I have no way of checking). Confirmation mode doesn't seem to do anything.

Local locksmith put both keys in his 'cloner' and both show as having the same transponder chip.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE...

Since I posted this earlier today I have managed to get the remote keyfob working (just like SPARKY77) so I can now lock and unlock the car using the buttons on the key. I still can't get the immobiliser part working though. Car is 2005/54 plate Avensis D4D. Thanks.

Hi Everyone.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE...

Since I posted this earlier today I have managed to get the remote keyfob working (just like SPARKY77) so I can now lock and unlock the car using the buttons on the key. I still can't get the immobiliser part working though. Car is 2005/54 plate Avensis D4D. Thanks.

Another update...

I've now managed to get the Confirmation Mode working. Doors lock and unlock 3 times. I understand this means there are 3 keys programmed. Should I be able to add a fourth? It also means that the erase method (ignition 6 / Door 7) isn't working as I presume I should only have one key after doing the erase method. Could someone please post a detailed step through of the erase method? Thanks.

OK, here goes, from the Avensis 2002-2007 Theft deterrent & Door lock manual:

A maximum of 4 keys can be registered.

When a 5th. key is added, the first one is overwritten.

Erase method:

The all clear mode is used to erase all the registered codes and disables the wireless door lock function.

This mode is used when the transmitter is lost.

All the following registration procedures must be performed in order continuously.

Start:

Make sure that the following conditions are met.

No key in ignition key cylinder.

Driver side door is open (Other doors are closed).

Driver side door is unlocked

Then within 5 seconds:

1.Insert key into ignition key cylinder, then pull it out.

2.Insert key into ignition key cylinder, then pull it out.

Then within 40 seconds:

3.Close and open driver side door twice.

4.Insert key into ignition key cylinder, then pull it out.

Then within 40 seconds:

5.Close and open driver side door twice.

6.Insert key into ignition key cylinder and close all doors.

Then within 40 seconds:

7.Turn ignition switch from LOCK to ON and back to LOCK at approximately

1 second intervals 5 times. (5 times = All Clear mode)

8.Remove key from ignition key cylinder.

The system should now, witin 3 seconds, respond with 5 Lock-Unlock operations.

Done, you can now start adding up to 4 keys.

HTH

OK, here goes, from the Avensis 2002-2007 Theft deterrent & Door lock manual:

A maximum of 4 keys can be registered.

When a 5th. key is added, the first one is overwritten.

Erase method:

The all clear mode is used to erase all the registered codes and disables the wireless door lock function.

This mode is used when the transmitter is lost.

All the following registration procedures must be performed in order continuously.

Start:

Make sure that the following conditions are met.

No key in ignition key cylinder.

Driver side door is open (Other doors are closed).

Driver side door is unlocked

Then within 5 seconds:

1.Insert key into ignition key cylinder, then pull it out.

2.Insert key into ignition key cylinder, then pull it out.

Then within 40 seconds:

3.Close and open driver side door twice.

4.Insert key into ignition key cylinder, then pull it out.

Then within 40 seconds:

5.Close and open driver side door twice.

6.Insert key into ignition key cylinder and close all doors.

Then within 40 seconds:

7.Turn ignition switch from LOCK to ON and back to LOCK at approximately

1 second intervals 5 times. (5 times = All Clear mode)

8.Remove key from ignition key cylinder.

The system should now, witin 3 seconds, respond with 5 Lock-Unlock operations.

Done, you can now start adding up to 4 keys.

HTH

Hi Thermal,

Many thanks for the information but unfortunately the problem I (and the previous poster) have is not with the wireless door lock. We have managed to get this working ok, it's specifically the immobiliser. We can lock and unlock the doors remotely, but are not able to start the car.

Any help greatfully received.

Many thanks,

Nev.

... it's specifically the immobiliser.

Ahh... I wouldn't be surprised if after all the attempts to register the keys, the immobiliser detected tampering and logged an error code.

If so, the error code(s) may need to be cleared first.

You need a diagnostic device to see the errors and reset them.

... it's specifically the immobiliser.

Ahh... I wouldn't be surprised if after all the attempts to register the keys, the immobiliser detected tampering and logged an error code.

If so, the error code(s) may need to be cleared first.

You need a diagnostic device to see the errors and reset them.

Hi matey,

Supply me your full car chassis number and if you look on the chassis plate, passenger side door pillar, supply me your eng and model number,

eg: adt250 etc.

Where's your location: pm me, techincian ;) , i will confirm wether or not this can be done outside a dealer network.

Hello and welcome to the forum if you are a Toyota tech then all the better as we do need someone "in the know" on here ... you could really be a bonus :yes:

Regards Pete :thumbsup:

Does any one know the sequence for a 52 plate tied most and still can,t get to work. tried the 5 on, open door 6 times and sometimes i get the hazards to flash but new key will not program,pete.