Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I've Got Warning Code 54, Help!

jacob.collins

I've got an ST205 and the Engine warning light comes on. I've done the engine diagnostic check and it reveals the Code 54 (Turbo or intercooler).

I read somewhere on the forum that this is a commen fault and is usually solved by topping up the charge cooler. Haven't had a good look at it yet but can anyone let me know where to top it up, or how to check the charge cooler level. :help:

The charge cooler is the large black box sitting ontop of the engine.

To fill the level up - wait till the car is completely cold - in the morning maybe.

Open up the radiator cap thing that is on the top right hand side of the box, and fill with coolant until its right at the brim.

I use the toyota 'for-life' coolant in mine.

Then turn the car on blip the throttle for a couple minutes to get the charge cooler pump working then have another look at the level - top up if neccesary.

Put the lid back on and reset the ECU.

That should sort it out. :)

Cheers mate that sorted it right out, I took it to my local garage that Supposedly deal with performance cars and they didn't have a clue. Warning light flashes all the time when I tested it, think that means all is ok.

Thanks again

Cheers mate that sorted it right out, I took it to my local garage that Supposedly deal with performance cars and they didn't have a clue. Warning light flashes all the time when I tested it, think that means all is ok.

Thanks again

Your welcome :)

A regular flashing from the warning light means you have no error codes stored.

I find that most garages don't have a clue when it comes to the GT-Fours some have never even heard of them :eek:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links