Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stereo Help Needed

stevemr2

hi.im needing some questions answered....my standard stereo in 92 turbo is knacked and was wondering what to fit......my system seems to be the boring one without the standard amp and subs..i like the look of standard sytem and was thinking of fitting another one then getting the toyota amp and subs out of another mr2,will it easily connect into my 2??.....will i get a good sound or should i fit aftermarket stuff istead?..i dont realy know much about ice so any advice appreciated.........

Whats your budget Steve?

If you let me know i could spec you a sytem or a small selection.

nick_mcuk ...

could you do the same for me ? As I know practically nada about stereo setups in cars.

I'm getting a double din Unit.. so the headunit's taken care of.

Is another £500 enough for a decent setup ? Or are we talking more ?

Depends on what you want mate?

I take it would be 10"sub, Amp to run that and a set of components?

Let me know what you would like and I will see if i can spec something.

Depends on what you want mate?

I take it would be 10"sub, Amp to run that and a set of components?

Let me know what you would like and I will see if i can spec something.

basically yeah...

either one 10" sub.. or 2* 8" subs. With an amp and some compenents.

don't know much aboue ICE.. so curious what you come up with.

cheers mate

I will get you some prices for this evening when i pop into the shop (ice shop i have a vested interest in!)

I might be able to do you Phoeinx Gold Kit Sub Amp and components.

I will get you a few options!

I will get you some prices for this evening when i pop into the shop (ice shop i have a vested interest in!)

I might be able to do you Phoeinx Gold Kit Sub Amp and components.

I will get you a few options!

cheers mate... looking forward to your reply !!

Same for me to mate,i have decided i am getting a jvc double din stereo so was now thinking of poss a sub for behind each seat, amp and some Speakers to fit in original places...istead of separate sub and amp was mayby thinking of using a jbl btx250 unit behind each seat..are these things any good mate??

Right you 2!!

Phoenix Gold stuff....

The new range of octaine stuff good entry level stuff and much better than the average Halfords *******!

Octaine R 5.25" Components

Octaine R 10" Sub

Octaine R2.5-2 Amp

Now this is a 2 channel amp whic is really used to run the sub sothe components would be run off the headunit.

This is a special deal on at the moand will cost you £300 notes

If you want cheaper there is a BBG deal i can put together specially for you lads...now BBG is actually made by PG and rebadged so it is kwolity kit at a lot less!

I can do a A2-50 (50w (rms) x 2 Bridges to run the sub) amp and BBG 10" sub for between £160-180

No if you wanted a matching 4 channel BBG amp i can do you one for £205 this would be the A4.75 (75w (rms) x 4).

argh... technical talk ..

ok.. components... sub.. amp... wouldn't it be good to have components running of an amp also ??

If so.. up my budget mate...

Gimme some examples with differing prices.. don't want no cheap pap if it's cack.. :)

If we say £600 ... then what can I get for £600 ????

Like jim i know sod all bout ICE.

I've got the active setup (w. sub behind passenger). and tbh i think it sounds quite good. But...

Wouldnt mind an upgrade, tho i dont have the money the "special" offer as you put it sounds tempting...

-Z

ok.. components... sub.. amp... wouldn't it be good to have components running of an amp also ??

Gimme some examples with differing prices.. don't want no cheap pap if it's cack.. :)

Yeah it would be better if you did....if you dont have the budget they you dont have to...

£600 ok......let me see!

BBG stuff isnt poo (ask bibs!!)..hence why i dotn do JBL and the like.

Now i dont want to get a <the spuds of lurrrrvve>ing form the mods so would i be better doing this off list?

lets go with PG stuff

R2.5-2 Amp 2 x 80 watts, 1 x 250 watts

R5.0COMP 5.25" (130mm) 2-way component system (seperate tweeters), 70 watts (RMS), 90dB, 4 ohms

R10 10" (25cm) subwoofer, 200 watts (RMS), 90dB, 14mm XMAX, 4 ohms

As i say that lot is on a special at the mo.... for £300

I could do you an other R2.5-2 amp for (top price) £160 probably do it for £130-140 to run the components.

As i say dont wanna get a <the spuds of lurrrrvve>ing form the mods....so email me off list if ya want to discuss this more mate (or anybody to that matter!)

BBG is qualitee .. !!

It's basically the previous model Phonex Gold (the badgers brackets) i think. Re boxed, added a nice window with blue neon .. for half the price ..

They really do kick nice and have a very punchy sounds ..

where the hell does jim get all his cash from????????? :wacko::lol::thumbsup:

Local post office :D

*what jimlad looks like when making a withdrawl*

:ph34r:

He he

Only joking

Like jim i know sod all bout ICE.

I've got the active setup (w. sub behind passenger). and tbh i think it sounds quite good. But...

Wouldnt mind an upgrade, tho i dont have the money the "special" offer as you put it sounds tempting...

-Z

I've got the same setup, but think it sounds papola !

Yeah it would be better if you did....if you dont have the budget they you dont have to...

£600 ok......let me see!

BBG stuff isnt poo (ask bibs!!)..hence why i dotn do JBL and the like.

Now i dont want to get a <the spuds of lurrrrvve>ing form the mods so would i be better doing this off list?

lets go with PG stuff

R2.5-2 Amp 2 x 80 watts, 1 x 250 watts

R5.0COMP 5.25" (130mm) 2-way component system (seperate tweeters), 70 watts (RMS), 90dB, 4 ohms

R10 10" (25cm) subwoofer, 200 watts (RMS), 90dB, 14mm XMAX, 4 ohms

As i say that lot is on a special at the mo.... for £300

I could do you an other R2.5-2 amp for (top price) £160 probably do it for £130-140 to run the components.

As i say dont wanna get a <the spuds of lurrrrvve>ing form the mods....so email me off list if ya want to discuss this more mate (or anybody to that matter!)

I've Pm'd you

where the hell does jim get all his cash from????????? :wacko::lol::thumbsup:

I goto a sperm bank multiple times a day.. probably fathered hundreds of offspring... lol :D