Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T3 Lowering

ian21thatsme

hi guys

i am thinking on lowering my 1.6vvti t3 i wil be runing on 215/40/17"

how low do yous think i should go 30mm or 35mm? am thinking only 30mm

and pic would help aswel ?

ian

Ian,

Lowering your T3 30mm with 215/40/17's will look pretty similar to a compressor setup. Have a look at some of their pics. Unless they have 215/45's? I can't remember...

I'd personally go for 35mm just to make it sit a bit better. You wont lose too much comfort but it'll look better me thinks!

Ian,

Lowering your T3 30mm with 215/40/17's will look pretty similar to a compressor setup. Have a look at some of their pics. Unless they have 215/45's? I can't remember...

I'd personally go for 35mm just to make it sit a bit better. You wont lose too much comfort but it'll look better me thinks!

compressor have 215-45-17 tyres :thumbsup:

Hi i had the same dilemma as you. I went for Koni's that drop it 35. Im getting them fitted next monday so ill let you know then but i think 35 will sit better

Hi i had the same dilemma as you. I went for Koni's that drop it 35. Im getting them fitted next monday so ill let you know then but i think 35 will sit better

how much did that cost you? :)

i say go for 35mm drop

should still have room so can have people in back

compressor is on 45 profile tyres an lowered 30mm still plenty of clearance

defo go for 35 mate!!

cool so 35mm on what size of tyre ?

or 30mm what size of tyre? hat springs aswel lol

thanks

ian

am thinking to go for 215/40/17 on standard t-sport but am unsure to go for 215/40 or 215/45 also going to lower another 15mm at some point. sorry if i hijack

The konis cost £118 from potn including delivery. still got rubbish wheels though cant get the wheels i like for at least 8 weeks but ill put some pics up tomorrow when i get it back itll give you some idea.

I got Eibach -30mm some places it just about missed the floor by a few mm's !! even then i to be careful & -30mm looks about right imo, though i still do have standard wheels 16inch same as t-sport wheels) -35mm looks bit better probably but not very practical if u got a front lip like mine - a TTE lip.

Hi Ian, keeping an eye on this topic as i am also definetely gonna lower my corolla, it is a 1999 e11. i would go for 40mm myself, i would appreciate any helpful info.

Im on 18's on my T3 and thinking bout 30mm drop on eibach's - that doable?

I have Eibach 30mm drop springs on order for my PFL CTS, also had the dilemma of 30mm v 35mm.

Went 30mm to play safe in the end, then 17" or 18" rims ......

I'd rather have 17 or 18 inch alloys with the 30mm drop than the 35/40mm drop and risk not been able to have people in the car.

Anyone had any trouble/ reduced shock lifespan after just changing the springs instead of coilovers?

Im on 18's on my T3 and thinking bout 30mm drop on eibach's - that doable?

I run 18's lowered on Eibachs. No problems at all.

Yes, I do have a T-Sport but yours will sit at same height as mine if you use Eibachs. :thumbsup:

tried to put pictures up for you there with my springs on but the uploader wont let me ill try again later

This is the picture after it was lowered bear in mind it will need to settle a bit, and ill be happier when i get my alloys hopefully thursday. but even sitting on standard wheels it feels ok with speedbumps etc. . Hope this helps

th_SS851406.jpg

this is the before picture

th_SS851339.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links