Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Life Beyond A Yaris T Sport

Yumma

HI

I've had my T Sport a while now and whilst it's a great car I'm getting itchy feet again and thinking of selling up and moving on. I've had some good cars over the years and want something that is a real enthusiasts car but most modern stuff has too many driver aids which spoil fun - I tried a Corolla T Sport at Brands and all it did was interfere with the driving experience with ESP and TCS. Possibly thinking of going RWD again but want to keep to something reasonable to run on insurance and fuel. ANy recommendations on life after the giant slaying Yaris?

Yumma

Have you considered an oldish 3 series BMW? Something powerfull like a 325i or 330i? :thumbsup:

Being RWD you can have some serious fun in these, and prices are reasonable now. Tax and running costs may be a bit high though. Sadly there's allways a downfall to owning a powerfull car. :(

I'd like to hear the response to this too, as I need to get something slightly bigger due to a baby on the way. Seems like there's nothing out that that matches the Yaris for performance and running costs.

I’m in the same situation, can’t find anything to match the fun factor for the money apart from another Yaris!

altezza? levin?

What?

Have actually had my eye on this, but it's still in a completely different league in terms of everything really (insurance, size, running costs.......).

altezza? levin?

What?

Have actually had my eye on this, but it's still in a completely different league in terms of everything really (insurance, size, running costs.......).

How about one of the sporty- engined Skoda's? Don't laugh, they are quite a well put together package! Think they are called VRS or similar.

i know someone that recently made this decision, he went for an integra typeR. but theres so many good cars out there, i quite like the look of the seat ibiza cupraR and they're rapid too! RWD - maybe consider a nissan 200sx or silvia?

Still stumped! Funny enough I had a Corolla GT Coupe (JDM Levin) that was an awesome beast.

Thinking along the lines of a S2000, MX5 Boxster or Z3, but none are practical and they are gonna be expensive to run possibly with the exception of the MX5.

Why oh why don't Toyota make a new shape Yaris T Sport with the Celica/Corolla T Sport motor, now that could be a superb motor!

Have you drove a Civic typeR or integra? then there's the prelude and the Accord typeR. All very affordable now. ;)

Or keep the Yaris and turbo the nuts of it!! :lol:

I'd like to hear the response to this too, as I need to get something slightly bigger due to a baby on the way. Seems like there's nothing out that that matches the Yaris for performance and running costs.

Im in the same boat can just get the buggy in the back and its a tight fit. I really don't wanna change my T sport!! Im looking at the 5 dr Corrolla T Sport but can't find a good one for 5k!! :-(

Focus ST's are cheap as chips now. Practical enough, great chassis and plenty power, plus there's the option to dreamscience/bluefin remap.

Or for the rally action, you can get an astra nurburgring for £14K and have all the back-popping noise you can handle.

But if you really want a roadster then the boxster is the classiest of the ones you list.

Im in the same boat can just get the buggy in the back and its a tight fit. I really don't wanna change my T sport!! Im looking at the 5 dr Corrolla T Sport but can't find a good one for 5k!! :-(

They are a rare car, Autotrader only has 10 nice 5drs on at the moment, they did only make them for 18mths though.

Looked at importing one?

There's plenty of RHD 5dr Facelift Corolla T Sport's available in Japan ;)

I'm liking the suggestions, but didn't like the Corolla T Sport as it was a little too nanny state with overactive driver aids. I used to own a Civic Type R and had a Clio Sport 172, both good cars, the Civic was actually awesome and its tempting to get another previous generation Type R as it is probably the most raw and best handling UKDM motor available ever, plus I had to get shot of the Clio cos it felt like it was made of tin and paper! the Civic could be thrashed all day and would come back for more every time. Maybe a JDM Integra could be worth a look too.

The prelude with 4ws is brilliant aswell. :yes:

If you get a good ITR, you won't be dissapointed mate!! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links