Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi. Can I Have Some Advice Please

moojii

hey hey

me and the wife are going to look at a 2006 56 2.2 d4d t3 on saturday. it has a full toyota service history.

it has done 64,000 miles which seems quite high and is up for £7600

they do a 2 months free warranty.

what do you guys think? price about right? too high mileage??

what should i be looking out for??

cheers

parkers valuation with average miles:

Original Price £18,120

Franchised Dealer £9,560

Independent Dealer £9,215

Private Good £8,520

Private Poor £7,175

Part Exchange £7,565

what car? valuation with 64k miles:

Dealer £6,785

Private £5,975

Part exchange £5,395

Trade £5,020

Cost new £18,395

Looking on eBay that seems like a good price even with that mileage.

From reading on here, one thing to look out for is scored brake disks.

i personaly dont know the first thing about those purticular cars, i infact dont even know what one looks like.

but in my opinion that mileage is BONKERS for a 3 year old car.. But then..mines 13 years old and done 175,ooo . all depends how its been looked after & whether there motorway miles i guess?

im sure you could probably get the same car for a similar price with alot less miles?.. even if just for piece of mind..

x

been looking for ages and all other similar cars with less miles are well out of our price range.

they are motorway miles with ftsh

should be ok?

been looking for ages and all other similar cars with less miles are well out of our price range.

they are motorway miles with ftsh

should be ok?

well .. to be honest im in the same boat as you at the moment, you just cant say whether they will be sound or not , its a risk you take when buyin a car with high mileage.. but with having the history you have a good piece of mind!. also toyota engines are built to last if looked after properly . hence why i went for one.. My dads owned a few and the guys at toyota have always told him that toyota engines are barely bedding in at 100,000+ miles ( but i dont know how true that is ) . i must admit, ive had a few cars that havent even reached average mileage for their years, and ive never trusted one of them like i do my celica with the over the odds mileage!. Ive had a mate that went and bought a BRAND NEW C2 (i know were talking citroen now) but that had about 4,000 miles on the clock, it came from a garage, and he had endless trouble with it, to the point it went back.. therefore.. mileage doesnt neccessarily have anything to do with it surely ?. Dads also had the same with a Mits l200 with under average mileage.therefore.. mileage doesnt neccessarily have anything to do with it surely ?

Go for it.. its what you want.. and what will be will be! if it turns out a shed.. just remember.. it was meant to be a shed.. and forget everything ive told you ha ha !! .

good luck with the decision makin! x

owh ! another thing! check you will definetly get your warranty, cos when i went to buy mine, i read that id get 6 months warranty, when i paid, he decided to tell me that because it had high mileage that didnt apply,so i didnt get any!.. just make sure u dont get stung ..x

didnt get it

it just had too many little niggles.

anyone know of a diesel at least t3 upto £7600 for sale?

we are near northampton