Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hight Level Brake Light Not Working

Joel13

Hi all,

My high level brake light is not working in my T sport i have just changed the bulb and its still not working. I am thinking it could be the fuse now but if it is would that not mean all my brake lights would not be working???

Thanks in advance for your help. ;)

Hi all,

My high level brake light is not working in my T sport i have just changed the bulb and its still not working. I am thinking it could be the fuse now but if it is would that not mean all my brake lights would not be working???

Thanks in advance for your help. ;)

Mine has just gone too!

The dealer noticed it during a free brake fluid change and safety check.

Said it was a bulb but I havent tested it yet. Usually, they take a feed from one of the other brake lights, so check the conditioning of the wiring to see if it has corroded or come adrift!

Silly question, but do you KNOW the bulbs work? get a bit of wiring and connect them to a Battery or try them in another place, if they fit. If a spare bulb has been laying around for a while, it could be duff, even new from a box, this can happen. I used to use a small shop, where the guy tested each bulb before he sold it to a customer!

Hi ya thanks for that.

Not sure if the bulb works as just got is straight form Mr T which was alot cheaper than Halfords. Will check to see where else this bulb will fit then to see if it working.

Will have a go at seeing if the wiring has gome adrift or corroded. Sounds like your little shop is one of those attention to detail not like the big corp guys!

Cheers.

Hi all,

For all you T Sport drivers have found that the problem was the connecter that held the bulb in place. Went to Toyota to see if they had one in. When they checked the computer it showed that i had to get the whole housing as the conector did not come on its OWN!!! was going to cost £45 + VAT. I asked why was this the case and he advised that its rare that the bulb blows as it was a jap build.

However if it was a french built Yaris then it would of just been able to get a connector as its a different build so they were telling me on the high level brake light!!!

Also the T Sport bulb is 18w and not 16w and you again have to order the whole housing for just the !Removed! bulb!!!! i have just got the 16w from Mr T which was only £1.50 compared to Halfords £3.50!!!!

You will be glad to know that i did not go for that and just used twezeers on the connected to bend the copper connectors tp hold the buld in place!!!!! and it has been working since so happy days!

Hi all,

For all you T Sport drivers have found that the problem was the connecter that held the bulb in place. Went to Toyota to see if they had one in. When they checked the computer it showed that i had to get the whole housing as the conector did not come on its OWN!!! was going to cost £45 + VAT. I asked why was this the case and he advised that its rare that the bulb blows as it was a jap build.

However if it was a french built Yaris then it would of just been able to get a connector as its a different build so they were telling me on the high level brake light!!!

Also the T Sport bulb is 18w and not 16w and you again have to order the whole housing for just the !Removed! bulb!!!! i have just got the 16w from Mr T which was only £1.50 compared to halfords £3.50!!!!

You will be glad to know that i did not go for that and just used twezeers on the connected to bend the copper connectors tp hold the buld in place!!!!! and it has been working since so happy days!

Thats the problem, see! the Toyota techie only has tweezers in his bedside drawer, for those intimate gentleman's handshakes! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links