Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Window Cleaner

323f_bg

When i first got the car 2 yrs ago i removed the car dealer sticker stuck inside the rear windscreen & all sticky stuff residue is cleaned off that u wont notice a sticker ever been there solved the problem until whenever the windows steams/mists up when its raining or cold morning its visible that a sticker was once there - a rectangular patch is there, its the same with front windscreen on the driver side, i doubt the road tax since is usually passenger side so guess its a parking permit once there. any ways to get rid of this once & for all ? i tried glass cleaner(clear fluid spray bottle) bought from a motor factor shop that cleans it but not solve my problem & i used some 'autoglym car glass polish' from the autoglym car cleaning kit thats like a white/blue fluid, but yet to see if this works & also in the past i cleaned the window by just using a cloth!!

Any ideas? thanks

As a retired DryCleaner I would suggest that you go to your nearest nice, kind, obliging :lol: Dry Cleaner & ask for a VERY small amount of dry Cleaning Solvent, explaining why you need it. Perc it is called (Perchloroethylene)

Put a small amount on a cloth & rub affected part.

WARNING :eek::fear: Have all the car doors open & do not inhale. I have to go back to work regularly to get my "fix" but you won't have had years to get immune to it :sick: :lol2: :lol2:

This should work

As a retired DryCleaner I would suggest that you go to your nearest nice, kind, obliging :lol: Dry Cleaner & ask for a VERY small amount of dry Cleaning Solvent, explaining why you need it. Perc it is called (Perchloroethylene)

WARNING :eek::fear: Have all the car doors open & do not inhale. I have to go back to work regularly to get my "fix" but you won't have had years to get immune to it :sick: :lol2: :lol2:

This should work

Thanks, so much for all the glass/window cleaning products being brought out for cars by autoglym, megiuiars etc!!ha ha!!

Thanks again

This should work

Thanks, so much for all the glass/window cleaning products being brought out for cars by autoglym, megiuiars etc!!ha ha!!

Thanks again

You are very welcome & I hope it works :rolleyes: To be fair, this stuff is not good for the health, & so cannot be sold to the general Public. The stuff you have listed above Cannot be as potent as the chemical I have mentioned for health & safety reasons.

Meths does the trick usually too - and you can drink it if you're that way inclined!

I take note this one, i preferably wanna use something that isnt harmful to your health!!!! people smoking is bad enough!!! lol

Meths does the trick usually too - and you can drink it if you're that way inclined!

& easier to obtain :thumbsup:

That would be horizontal :drunk::lol:

I take note this one, i preferably wanna use something that isnt harmful to your health!!!! people smoking is bad enough!!! lol

Meths isn't harmful to your health - unless you drink it of course. Brilliant for cleaning sticker residue from things though.

Meths could be harmful to your health if you smoke whilst using it :blowup::laughing:

I remembered in the middle of the night, when I should have been asleep :( That I should have warned you that if you are using PERC, as I mentioned, only dampen the cloth with it.

If it drips it will damage vinyl, plastic, rubber etc.

Put hand cream on afterwards, it won't dissolve your skin :lol: but will remove the natural oils :eek:

My local has got it on draught :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links