Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Resetting The Computer

Dingaling1318

Hey,

I just changed the Battery in my altezza (Beams engine). When I started the car it was idling very rough and and the idle speed was very low. After about half hour the car idle came back up to normal. I will check it again this evening when I leave work. Is this normal and does this have anything to do with the computer needing to be reset. What is the sequence for reseting the computer.

the car should now be fine.

Whenever you change the Battery the computer automatically resets itself. hence the bad idle, and you would have found the clock had reset, blower was on, and the stereo reset??? if you had this happen, the computer has also been reset.

Hope that solves your question.

Lvn_MR2

it's the ECU learning .. it's good to do it when you do any mods or if you start using optimax instead of unleaded ..

The car is fine now. Thanks.

When I do mods, do I have to disconect the Battery to reset the computer or is there a sequence I can do to achieve this.

When I do mods, do I have to disconect the battery to reset the computer or is there a sequence I can do to achieve this.

yes or if you dont want the hassle of reseting clocks,radios e.t.c..........

just pull the e.c.u. fuse leave it out for about ten minuates,then stick it back in,start your engine and now the important bit, DONT TOUCH ANYTHING FOR TEN TO FIFTEEN MINUATES.it will now be reset :thumbsup:

on the MR2 - pull the EFI fuses and tap the brakes (they will try and light and use the leccy left in the system) ..

wait 30 seconds .. pop the fuses back in .. and it's all done ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links