Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Share Your Pictures With 18" Rims And Lowering Springs

Auris_ow

I had a topic about buying new rims to my car. I finally decided to buy black rims on my Auris ;)

However, now I have problems about lowering. I could not find lowering springs more than 35 mms.

In some topics I saw some of members have lowered their car more than 35 mm. How did they do?

Can you give me a link or etc. to buy 50 mm springs?

Also I will be happy if you can share your cars' pictures with 18" wheels and lowering springs(also please write which lowering springs did you use)

Thank you..

I will also share pictures of my car after lowering.

I had a topic about buying new rims to my car. I finally decided to buy black rims on my Auris ;)

However, now I have problems about lowering. I could not find lowering springs more than 35 mms.

In some topics I saw some of members have lowered their car more than 35 mm. How did they do?

Can you give me a link or etc. to buy 50 mm springs?

Also I will be happy if you can share your cars' pictures with 18" wheels and lowering springs(also please write which lowering springs did you use)

Thank you..

I will also share pictures of my car after lowering.

I suppose you won't find any springs which provide more than 35mm lowering, as for better lowering you should search for shock absorber kits...

Best regards, Alex

Firstly, thank you for answering. You tried to help me in every problem:)

Actually my friend, I know someone who had springs which provide 50mm lowering in their cars.

However, I know that it is not so good for technical things.

Where can I buy shock absorber kits, can anybody give me a link or etc.

And if anybody have lowered their cars, I want them to share pictures.

Thank you..

Tein S.Tech -60 mm with 18"

AND with modified shock absorbers. I am not sure, but wouldn't that

amount of lowering be impossible with universal absorbers?

Actually my friend, I know someone who had springs which provide 50mm lowering in their cars.

Thank you..

I am happy that you do appreciate my answers, have to try to help best I can :)

50mm? :huh: As I told Xpyyy, I thought it's impossible to lower that much with

universal shock absorbers, but if you say 50mm, seems like it's not. Maybe it depends on car too...

And even if it is possible, it is not good technically (for example for your shock absorbers

which will wear faster), but I think it's also not very good for driving. As even with my 35mm

lowering I have to be careful on speed bumps, and if I have more than 3 people in my car

and/or some bigger amount of heavy things in my trunk, it can be even impossible to drive

in some places. I just wonder how difficult it was if my car was even lower... ARGH! Don't want

to even think about it! :)

And this is the main reason because I told you about using coilovers, to get your car stiffer and

not to go as down as with universal absorbers when you have people/things in your car or drive

in a pothole...

Best regards, Alex

bgsf41.jpg

snezkh.jpg

Thank you..

Where did you buy these springs and shock absorbers?

Your car really looks better than Focus ;)

I think 60mm fits well with 18".

AND with modified shock absorbers. I am not sure, but wouldn't that

amount of lowering be impossible with universal absorbers?

Thank you..

I am happy that you do appreciate my answers, have to try to help best I can :)

50mm? :huh: As I told Xpyyy, I thought it's impossible to lower that much with

universal shock absorbers, but if you say 50mm, seems like it's not. Maybe it depends on car too...

And even if it is possible, it is not good technically (for example for your shock absorbers

which will wear faster), but I think it's also not very good for driving. As even with my 35mm

lowering I have to be careful on speed bumps, and if I have more than 3 people in my car

and/or some bigger amount of heavy things in my trunk, it can be even impossible to drive

in some places. I just wonder how difficult it was if my car was even lower... ARGH! Don't want

to even think about it! :)

And this is the main reason because I told you about using coilovers, to get your car stiffer and

not to go as down as with universal absorbers when you have people/things in your car or drive

in a pothole...

Best regards, Alex

My friend, I can understand you, believe me:) Because roads are in very bad conditions in my country, Turkey. Sometimes I think that I will really have problems if I have springs more than 30mm. Actually I just wanted to see some photos to understand 30mm is really enough with 18" or not. In some photos I decided that it is enough but in some photos it seems like original ;) I am really confused about springs :(

I have 35mm lowering and 18" wheels, and I'm very happy. The handling is great and pretty comfortable. Of course if you're buying springs for look, it's better if they lower more than 35 as the car's body comes closer to the tyres and that looks always good & sporty (even with 35 your car won't look like a jeep anymore, so it's a good option too). For the handling and performance 35mm is 100% enough, if you have big wheels also and not driving on track...

It depends on what you want and what you need. You'll get good "compromise" with 35mm, but if you want even less comfort and more performance, then you'll have to lower more.

After you told me about your extremely bad roads, I thought that you should consider buying 17" wheels. As the ride won't be very pleasant with 18"... But again, if you're after look more than compromise between look&performance, then 18" is the right size for you my friend! :thumbsup:

Best regards, Alex

Find the masters in Sport teams with rally or ring race and ask them to modify the shock absorbers. Or you can spend 1k EURO on KW V1 :) - depends on the price you get from such people.

I agree with alexC, that 35-40 is OK for stock shock absorberbs, the lower you go futher, the shorter their lifetime became.

Here's mine springs:

http://www.tein.com/price/toyota.html

TOYOTA COROLLA ZZE130L 03-08 STECH SKL00-AUB00

Find the masters in Sport teams with rally or ring race and ask them to modify the shock absorbers. Or you can spend 1k EURO on KW V1 :) - depends on the price you get from such people.

How much did it cost to get your absorbers modified? If I understand right, you'll have to change those modified absorbers after about 75 000 - 80 000 KMs, buy new ones and modify them again?

Is such modification worth doing with about 35mm lowering or no?

Best regards, Alex

2 Front absorbers modified from stock costed me about 200USD.

I wanted to have the harder and shorter - that's the main point, suppose with my previous springs i'll done the same, but i've sold them, add 100USD and get new springs with -60mm lowering.

If the Bilstein produce B8 in future i'll maybe change to them, but still no Koni Sport or something worth to change for with less money and good performance (KW V1 is 1000EUR price- i can't afford now).

Firm, i forget the word "comfort".

Honestly, it's not so firm as Bilstien B8 + H&R -50mm. But my point was - handling improvement.

AlexC and xpyy ;

Thank you for answering my questions.

I ordered H&R 3.5 cm springs for my Auris.

Next week I will share photos.

Thanks again :)

No problems mate, what was the price? I paid 220 euros + 10€ extra for

superfast delivery (1 week instead of 4). Yours seem to be coming fast too,

did you have to pay extra for that, or did the shop I bought them from just

fool me to get 10€ extra? :D

Best regards, Alex

Actually I ordered them with the help of a tuning shop in my city Ankara, Turkey.

Their actual price is 190€ but with the help of a common friend of me and owner of tuning shop, I will pay only 170€ for them.

I will have been waiting for 2 or maximum 4 days when I get them :)

Actually I ordered them with the help of a tuning shop in my city Ankara, Turkey.

Their actual price is 190€ but with the help of a common friend of me and owner of tuning shop, I will pay only 170€ for them.

I will have been waiting for 2 or maximum 4 days when I get them :)

Yes I ordered through a tuning shop too... But didn't have friends there, so had to pay and wait like the others! :(

Waiting for your pictures after installation :)

Best regards, Alex

I've paid about 235 EURO for Teins, have no friends at tuning shops.

Honestly - KW V1 is best one now choice for lowering and handling. But price.....

hihi :P :P

my enkei wheels ( without tires) are still more expensive than the kw :driving: :driving:

:D :D :D

My forged wheels+new tires = 1.3k EUR

Sorry for off-top )

I've paid 1700 euro for the kw V.3 :driving:

Wouldn't personally spend that much on the lowering. Of course if my car costed 50 000k or more

instead of a bit more than 20 000k... Or if I wanted only some good lowering and wheels, nothing

else. Then I'd put much more money only to those parts and wouldn't spend it on anything else! :)

Best regards, Alex