Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking For Help.

immy1

hi all,

just looking for some helping advice, local mechanics were not able to help so i thought i'd turn to the experts.

i developed a fault with my gti (ae92, h reg 1.6 gti), i was driving along and the car cut out. i restarted and it worked fine for the rest of the day.

the next day i started it and the rev counter was all over the place, the moment you put your foot on the accelerator it revs up and then cuts out. the mechanic checked it out and said the ht leads could be the cause. they've been replaced but no luck, there is a spark and fuel is fine.

currently it starts for about 3 seconds then the revs shoot upto 9000rpm and it cuts out. it restarts everytime but then just cuts out.

i'm sorry but my knowledge of cars is very basic so i don't know what else to say, thats the best i can describe it, any advie or help will be much appreciated.

thanks

:g: hmm never heard of this before my car rev's a little erratically when cold but nothing like what yours is doing have you had a look at the ecu ??

:g: hmm never heard of this before my car rev's a little erratically when cold but nothing like what yours is doing have you had a look at the ecu ??

check your maf senor wires to see if they have split or loose! if they are.. theres your culprit!