Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'06 Rav4 Warning Lights

missjones

I seem to have quoted myself and my answer (including thanks) has vanished!!

anyways....

RAV was sitting in the drive from Sat evening till today at lunchtime, would that have anything to do with the lights coming on?

she drove ok - hopefully she will get me home at 20.00

(I hope this posts)

(no I am not blonde!!!)

Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope you'll enjoy it (the forum) (and I added that in case some guy from your country adds in silly comments!).

A young car like yours shouldn't have anything serious happening to it - and I kind of guess that the things you have posted may be cos the car was sitting on the showroom for some time????

Basic things you can check are brake fluid level to be safe.

When a car sits for a while, and this may or may apply..... then the discs corrode - light rust. This might throw out the sensors a bit.

How did the car behave when you drove it to work??

we haved done nquite a few abs sensors on the new shape ravs and they bring on the same warnings on the dash

Hello,

I hope someone can help put my mind at ease, I only bought my Rav last week and it has only been on the road since Thursday, there is 46000 miles on it.

I started it today and there are 3 warning messages coming up:

abs problems

4 wheel drive problems

asc (I think) problems

have called the dealer and they said to bring it in tomorrow

I have to drive home from work, am worried that I may damage something or the car may not stop due to the brake problems.

I reckon the dealer may try to fob me off too (the whole woman thing and not knowing a lot about cars)

If someone else had had these problems or if someone knows what it is I would really appreciate their help.

Thanks in advance

Miss J

Hello,

I hope someone can help put my mind at ease, I only bought my Rav last week and it has only been on the road since Thursday, there is 46000 miles on it.

I started it today and there are 3 warning messages coming up:

abs problems

4 wheel drive problems

asc (I think) problems

have called the dealer and they said to bring it in tomorrow

I have to drive home from work, am worried that I may damage something or the car may not stop due to the brake problems.

I reckon the dealer may try to fob me off too (the whole woman thing and not knowing a lot about cars)

If someone else had had these problems or if someone knows what it is I would really appreciate their help.

Thanks in advance

Miss J

behave yersel!

post yer reply usijng the post reply box, and if you want to include the prevoius posts, then hit quote.

hope ye gut home the nicht!

Sywy had this last week. It turned out to be an ABS sensor as compressor mad suggested.

am sorry about quoting myself - my replies keep vanishing !! I promise to behave !!

jeep started great yesterday evening and no warning lights came on, I am going to the dealer today anyway as I am driving to Dublin at the weekend and want to be confident, I will ask about the brake fluid levels and the sensors, I reckon the mechanic will be well impressed !!!

am looking forward to the drive as I havn taken her on a long run yet.

am sorry about quoting myself - my replies keep vanishing !! I promise to behave !!

jeep started great yesterday evening and no warning lights came on, I am going to the dealer today anyway as I am driving to Dublin at the weekend and want to be confident, I will ask about the brake fluid levels and the sensors, I reckon the mechanic will be well impressed !!!

am looking forward to the drive as I havn taken her on a long run yet.

'Jeep' :eek::eek::eek:

Might be worth asking them exactly what was checked prior to delivery to you. Enjoy the drive.

haha

enjoy the drive to Dublin....hope you've saved up enough pennies for the shopping/drink! :lol:

was at dealer yesterday for 1.5 hrs...they were all verrrrry nice, the salesman remembered me and was over to find out what was wrong, put on my sad face and told him the car he sold me had broken already :( he then personally went to see what was wrong and.....

1st prize goes to ........ the ABS sensor !!!!!

am getting a new one fitted on Friday, gonna take a book or my DS with me and a cushion for my bum !!!!

the sad face works every time !!!! :naughty: