Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2009 Aygo Black - Facelift Model

FunkyDonkey

Hello all.

Ive had my new Aygo for about a week and a half now, and I must say Im very happy with it. I bought the car to save some costs on my motoring, but also because I wanted a new car. I was a little worried about the slight power drop I was taking from my trusty old mk1 MX-5, and the obvious handling difference. However so far the aygo have more than impressed me. Around town it is nice and easy to drive, and certainly nippy enough, and once out on the motorways its happy rolling along at 70-80mph. Handling wise its not bad for a small car and there seems to be plenty of feedback from the chassis and steering.

I would also like to say that my dealer was superb. Unlike some others on the forums, I have had absolutely no problems with my dealer and everything has gone very smoothly. So a big thank you to Minories in Sunderland for that.

I just filled up on sunday after using my 1st full tank and managed 49mpg which I was pretty impressed with, considering some others have been getting less than 40mpg.

There are a couple of things that Im not so impressed with, but nothing major. The 1st one is the seats not returning to thier original position when you move them to let someone in the back, as mentioned by many people before. Secondly the factory fit stereo was c**p, so I have fitted a new Sony unit, which sounds a million times better! Also I think that the glove box lid should be standard. I have fitted one, and so far no problems with it falling open! (touches wood)

So heres a few pics anyway after a wash earlier.

aygo1.jpg

aygo2.jpg

aygo4.jpg

aygo3.jpg

aygo11.jpg

Interior Pics:

aygo9.jpg

aygo10.jpg

aygo8.jpg

aygo7.jpg

aygo6.jpg

aygo5.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Hey i said i'd check it out! lol and first to comment!! good review glad you like it and everthing has ran smooth for you at the dealership. Looks well nice in black i must say love the Wheel trims and the leather seats and the gear knob. Confused with the gear knob though because looks like the corrola one i've been advised to get? the extra gear knobs for Aygo to buy are either a leather one which doesn't look as good as yours and its like £50 or a full aluminium one which i was quoted at £114 which i laughed at. I think somat wrong with that price as think same one is avaiable at peugoet for like £55! was the lads first day though lol.

Are you thinking of adding anything to it? or modding anything? gotta say i'm surprised the yaint painted the vent surrounds and the speedometer in that fab black? though it were standard on the new versions? i have seen it done though think all the panels pop off degrease, prime and get the proper toyota base coat in your black and clear coat for like £6 each and it will look fantatsic really adds to the interior! i got that peugeot glove box too and no probs with it i ve even painted the handle to match the vent surrounds too! lol i might be going bit ott but thinking bout doing the main fascia on the center console the same blue seen it done on sporty 107s in red and bright ornage and looks really funky!! so will see lol will post if i do!!

enjoy your new car mate you add owt make sure you post be intresting to see what things look like on this newer model and like wise i'll do same!

Not first just re read lol meant to ask has the sony head unit made a big differance to the sound?? have you changed the Speakers as well? if just the head unit makes a big differance i might have to have one fitted. Didn't wanna mess with the Speakers myself becuase looks expensive and complex thanks

Thanks for you comments.

Im going to try not to do any modding. Ive been down that slippery slope too many times before, and the main reason for down sizing was to save money. If I do anything it will probably be audio based. The sony head unit made a huge difference. Well worth doing. The standard Speakers are actually quite good. I think thier position helps a lot. I did have plans to change them but Im considering leaving them for now.

As for gear knobs, the one on the black looks ok, bit the silver bit isnt actually aluminium, its grey plastic. £114 does seem a bit steep lol, but I would have thought for £55 you would get a leather/alu knob.

The centre console should be fairly easy to paint as it comes out easily (you take it out to change the head unit). I dont think im brave enough to give it a go though lol, but keep us updated if you are.

Thanks for you comments.

Im going to try not to do any modding. Ive been down that slippery slope too many times before, and the main reason for down sizing was to save money. If I do anything it will probably be audio based. The sony head unit made a huge difference. Well worth doing. The standard speakers are actually quite good. I think thier position helps a lot. I did have plans to change them but Im considering leaving them for now.

As for gear knobs, the one on the black looks ok, bit the silver bit isnt actually aluminium, its grey plastic. £114 does seem a bit steep lol, but I would have thought for £55 you would get a leather/alu knob.

The centre console should be fairly easy to paint as it comes out easily (you take it out to change the head unit). I dont think im brave enough to give it a go though lol, but keep us updated if you are.

Hey just to let you no i went for the paint job lol pic below. Hasn't been well received due to a crappy pic i posted before but looks well i think, i just wanna make the colour a bit deeper as doesn't match the surrounds colour because i was told to use a whiet primer before by Halfords!! i think another coat will do the trick but can i spray base coat over the clear top coat? i must add i haven't used much top coat and either way will need a respray of that. cheers hope you still enjoying your new Car.

post-74588-1239826067_thumb.jpg

I would try and ruff it up a bit with some wet n dry so the paint bonds better. Try and get the radio and switches out of the way too, and try not to rush the job. Give it plenty of time between coats, and keep em thin.

I would try and ruff it up a bit with some wet n dry so the paint bonds better. Try and get the radio and switches out of the way too, and try not to rush the job. Give it plenty of time between coats, and keep em thin.

Thanks for the advice gonna get some wet and dry and order more paint tomoz then take my time this weekend! do the buttons under the stereo just pop out then?? lol i was trying to go a less complecated way round thinking it would all fall to bits if i popped them out, and in the end masking as caused me loads of stress lol

Not sure about the buttons but the stereo just unclips. Worth looking on the forums about the buttons, or checking one of Adilmons excellent posts with service sheets attatched. Great source of info on how things fit together

• 2 weeks later...

Well impressed with your post, just bought a 2009 aygo black i pick it up on friday. i also have a mk1 mx5 and i am concerned about the power drop, however i am feeling more confident after reading your post.

i test drove the aygo the other day they are quite nippy i was expecting a lot worse. :D

Yeah it is a power drop, but the two cars are very different. Im now getting used to the different driving style required in the Aygo and it is great fun to drive. The power is noticably less than the MX5, but then you wouldnt expect it to be the same being a 1litre car. Plus you have all the other bonuses of cheaper running cost, etc.

yes the reason i downsized was for economy plus i use my car for my job so the mx5 wasnt practcal and costs a fortune in fuel etc.

has your insurance dropped much? im not impressed with mine its only a tenner cheaper that the mx5 which i thinks disgraceful going to get on confused.com i think.

So far im using less than half the fuel I used in the MX5, so definately a good move fuel wise.

My insurance is due for renewal soon. Ive done a few online quotes and it looks like mine will drop by about £10 too. Will mean Im only paying about £15 a month so not complaining. I changed it on my current policy for the remaining 2 months I had left, but it only droppped by a couple of quid.

• 2 weeks later...

I run my Aygo Sport as my everyday car and I have 2 other cars which are weekend cars but I insure my Aygo for business purposes and it is as cheap as chips compared to anything else I have had to insure. I use A Plan and they seem good. I have had my Aygo for just over 2 years and have been all around the UK (expecially around Nth Yorkshire which I visit alot for hols) and I feel it costs almost nothing to run and I have had 38 cars since the age of 17 and this is the first car I have kept for more than 2 years which says something for it and I intend to keep it for life as there is something about Aygo's. Nice seats on the black one!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

recently bought a special edtion black aygo alloy wheels the lot and she looks fab sooooo shiny black was my second coice of colour pink of course being my first lol but i would not swap her for the world long live the AYGO x