Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Odd Things With I E 7

Phoenix999

I have an odd question that I hope one of you ICT gurus can solve for me :huh:

I have a problem that has occured twice. I am running IE7 and when opening a second window via a link, a link here caused the problem this evening, the link opens fine but then IE opens new windows time and time again and keeps going without stopping. The only way I found to stop this was to turn the computer off and restart :(

Has anyone else experienced such a thing and if so what cure did you use to stop this :unsure:

I have Norton 360 and nothing untoward shows up on the comprehensive scans so I am at a loss to what problem there may be lurking deep within my computer.

Do any of you have any ideas as to what the problem is :unsure:

IE7.... shudder!

Is the pop-up blocker switched on?

1.Open IE7

2 Click on Tools

3.Select Pop Up Blocker

4.Now select Turn On Pop-Up Blocker.

That sounds the most reasonable explanation, although it could be something nasty....

Get Firefox :thumbsup:

If you use Firefox did you delete IE from your computer :unsure:

It just seems daft to have a programme on the computer if there is no intention of using it :huh:

You can't easily delete IE... it's embedded into the operating system which makes removal incredibly difficult....

You can disable it, but you can't remove it without causing serious issue to Windows. I've never attempted it myself.... you can happily run multiple browsers alongside each other so there's no real point.

You can also remove IE7 but only to revert back to IE6.

You can't easily delete IE... it's embedded into the operating system which makes removal incredibly difficult....

You can disable it, but you can't remove it without causing serious issue to Windows. I've never attempted it myself.... you can happily run multiple browsers alongside each other so there's no real point.

Thanks for that info.... the points you raise make sense so if I do decide to go down the Firefox route I think I will leave IE to sleep in peace :yawn:

Thanks again :thumbsup:

Thanks for that info.... the points you raise make sense so if I do decide to go down the Firefox route I think I will leave IE to sleep in peace :yawn:

Thanks again :thumbsup:

Try IE8 its much faster

I am very not an expert on computers, so this may not help :(

I have CCleaner installed which has an option for removing programs, which works well :thumbsup:

I know that is probably a much more simple operation, but my Adobe Acrobat was dysfunctional yesterday. I tried for updates which I found, but they wouldn't load because the core? was damaged.

Nothing else for it- I used CCleaner to get rid of Adobe Acrobat totally out of my system, went to the Adobe site & downloaded it again. Problem solved :D :thumbsup:

I run it[CCleaner] as a cleaner/washer every night before logging off & it gets rid of all the sh :o rubbish out of the system.

Well I have Firefox running now and all seems to be going well :thumbsup:

The layout is slightly different which takes a little getting used to but otherwise everything seems easy to use :yes:

I am not sure but it seems to run faster than IE7 which is a bonus :)

All in all it seems a good move to make. Thanks for the advice :D

Told :yahoo: Ya

I know & many thanks. Don't know myself now. You also told me how to load Youtube videos & it has become an addiction :lol:

Not looking for help (Yet :lol: ). I checked out Windows for updates & found one, fairly critical, which had failed on automatic, & wouldn't load , 3 or 4 tries , on click to download.

My son, "Soundman" has had a go & failed, but he is coming home on Monday & will regard it as a challenge :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links