Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Using Oil & Water

Mastiff

My 1998 Toyota Avensis 2.0 Turbo Diesel 2C-TE is using about half a litre of oil and about 1 litre of water every 1000 miles? Is this common on such engines or do I have something seriously wrong? I have no mayo in oil filler cap and no signs of oil in the water?

My 1998 Toyota Avensis 2.0 Turbo Diesel 2C-TE is using about half a litre of oil and about 1 litre of water every 1000 miles? Is this common on such engines or do I have something seriously wrong? I have no mayo in oil filler cap and no signs of oil in the water?

hello

pls reply to the following:

- milage;

- last service + works;

- ownership -- 1st/2nd/3rd;

- leakproofness of cooling system;

tightness of expansion tank lid gasket;

- T/C condition (oil seals);

- any smoky exhaust available? what colour (if any);

- compression rate (kgs/cm2)

you state all without any signs but it is fully contradics to practice.

cheers/Igor

Hi Igor

She has 87,436 miles on her.

2 owners from new

Full service history

Last service carried out just over 1000 miles ago using the correct grade oil, oil filter and air filter.

She does not smoke at all, even when I give hard throttle I see no signs of smoke in my mirror.

Both expansion cap and oil cap are very tight. When left overnight in my garage there are no signs of water or oil on the floor the nxst day, or even a few days if I dont use her. Even put white paper underneath the engine whilst she was in my garage for 4 days, not even a drop of water or oil on the paper.

Hi Igor

2 owners from new

Full service history

Last service carried out just over 1000 miles ago using the correct grade oil, oil filter and air filter.

She does not smoke at all, even when I give hard throttle I see no signs of smoke in my mirror.

Both expansion cap and oil cap are very tight. When left overnight in my garage there are no signs of water or oil on the floor the nxst day, or even a few days if I dont use her. Even put white paper underneath the engine whilst she was in my garage for 4 days, not even a drop of water or oil on the paper.

ok

full service history --- what does it mean? all has been services as per manual or ???

re smoke -- i disagree to observe a smoke thru the mirror :) -- use assistant to accelerate sharply but YOU has to be close to a exhaust pipe + have a white sheet of paper to see some signs on it (when accelerated) -- you'll see either carbon or oil (?)

you have a problem of both liquids loss -- but all you say looks like all is in order.

please also listen to your T/C at acceleration moment -- how does it react ---- any rpm increasing is heard?

besides -- what do you think about valve guides seals? are they flexible or not?-- it is good question that must be considered, as well.

yoou did not say anything about compression -- when it was last measured? and what were the records (if any).

cheers/Igor

Hi Igor

2 owners from new

Full service history

ok

full service history --- what does it mean? all has been services as per manual or ???

re smoke -- i disagree to observe a smoke thru the mirror :) -- use assistant to accelerate sharply but YOU has to be close to a exhaust pipe + have a white sheet of paper to see some signs on it (when accelerated) -- you'll see either carbon or oil (?)

you have a problem of both liquids loss -- but all you say looks like all is in order.

please also listen to your T/C at acceleration moment -- how does it react ---- any rpm increasing is heard?

besides -- what do you think about valve guides seals? are they flexible or not?-- it is good question that must be considered, as well.

yoou did not say anything about compression -- when it was last measured? and what were the records (if any).

cheers/Igor

besides

how quickly the lube oil becomes black after the last oil change?

re above post -- when checking with T/C - please open an expansion tank lid and observe whether some bulbbes are available.

cheers/Igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links