Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Red Mkii Mr2 N/a 2.0 - Reluctant Sale :(

AlVal

Proper UK Car

2.0 16V EFI 3SFE Engine

First Registered 01/08/1991

Sunroof, Spoiler, Electric Windows, Electric Mirrors, Immobiliser, etc etc

Red

I have a company car, but needed a second car for the girlfriend to learn to drive, rather than get her something pants like a nova or some crap , i thought the money would be better spent on a decent car like an mr2, seeing as i could get one for such cheap money for such a nice car, so I bought this beautiful MR2 for 2200 on friday. Today I rang the insurance company and realised I can't afford to insure it!

It has a full history, file with loads of past mot's and receipts including recent service, recent new clutch, new tyres, it's mechanically perfect, and there isnt a single stone chip on the front end, or indeed anywhere! It's a 1991, Totally standard as intended by toyota! and its owner has been totally anal about looking after it. So you can see why i thought it was a good deal. however, i should have thought about insurance first, with the girlfriend still being on a provisional, its just too expensive to insure.

When i bought the car on friday, all it needed was a new set of Wiper Blades, and it hadnt been driven in a while so the Battery was run down. Not having a Battery charger myself, i decided id treat the car to a new Battery, so got the best one Halfords had for it. Sister in law pointed out that the headlights didnt look bright and shiny so I thought no problem ill get some new ones.

I ordered the new Wiper Blades, the new headlight units and a can of toyota forlife coolant to have at the ready in case it needs a top up from fensport before finding out the cost of insurance for us, so the car will come with new headlights, the new battery, new Wiper Blades, and some spare toyota original forlife coolant. Since friday I've even painstakingly and professionally cleaned the car with Meguiars stuff (paint cleaner firstly, two coats of polish, two coats of carnauba wax), totally cleaned the interior (which is mint, doesnt even have worn drivers seat bolster or anything)

Im not looking to make money on this sale, just get my money i paid out back, and buy something more sensible and cheaper to insure for the girlfriend to have as her first car, turns out an mr2 is too nice for her first car! =) hope it goes to a good home, its a very clean well looked after example, which is hard to come by.

Price? well as said i bought it on friday for 2200, spent £200 on it so looking for £2400, no offers. it's worth it. Ive done all the hard work looking and test driving etc, and found the good deal for you!

I bought it without tax, so add an extra £165 if you want me to put a full year's tax on it for you.

So £2400 without tax OR £2565 with 12 months tax - your choice. Bargain.

ah i see. prov does kinda suck...

how far into her lessons is she? mite be worthwhile to keep the car as a project cos u'll have time to get it sorted before she needs it.

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links