Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Light Blinker (when Do I Run Out)

Tavi

Hi

I bought a 1.0 yaris 2000 but when the fuel gauge blinker comes on at the bottom how many miles have i got left i looked in the manual

and it doesnt tell me. :unsure:

Thanks

steve

Hi

I bought a 1.0 yaris 2000 but when the fuel gauge blinker comes on at the bottom how many miles have i got left i looked in the manual

and it doesnt tell me. :unsure:

Thanks

steve

From memory I think you have about ONE GALLON left when the light flashes.....................I do not let mine get that low ...............(That is why I say from memory)

fill the tank up when the light is flashing and see how much fuel it takes to fill.

The tank holds 45 litres, so if you can easily calculate how much is left in when you fill up....

e.g. if the fill up takes 39 litres, you still have 6 litres still in the tank.

With a 1.0 engine, you get at least 40mpg, which is 8 miles per litre.

So if you multiply 8 by the number of litres left (eg: 6) you get the approx mileage you have left until it runs out (eg 48).

But don't come running to me if it runs out earlier and leaves you stranded......

As suggested above, warning lights usually come on or start flashing when you've about one gallon or 5 litres left - telling you to fillup as soon as convenient....

I once carried on AFTER the last one had gone off in my TS. It did 23miles before it started to splutter!

So theres plenty to get to a garage at least.

I once carried on AFTER the last one had gone off in my TS. It did 23miles before it started to splutter!

Yeah, a gallon is the norm! I wouldn't advise letting it run out completely, though as you may drag all the built up sh** .. Ahem, sediment and clog your injectors!! :(

Sometimes (well all the time really) my gauge flashes on one bar then if i stop and start it up again after a short run, it goes up to two bars!

Stays like this for some time then goes back flashing again! Strange. :huh:

I usually allways refill when it starts flashing though.....unlike the wife who will try to drive it all week on one bar!! :ffs: :lol:

Yeah, a gallon is the norm! I wouldn't advise letting it run out completely, though as you may drag all the built up sh** .. Ahem, sediment and clog your injectors!! :(

Where do you think the pickup is? :rolleyes:

I've noticed that my Yaris's gauge occasionally goes up a bar after dropping down one during a drive or cold starting.

I've assumed this was due to the petrol expanding and contracting in the heat.

Cars seem to have more reliable sender untils, 30 years ago my Dad managed to strand us on a motorway when his Mk1 Cavalier ran empty with the needle barely in the red. My Mum's Metro was also like that.

Hi

just run out of petrol today haha now i know how many miles av got left lol

Go on then enlighten us.....How many will it do? :lol:

Well, once I left home on 2 bars, got to work on 2 bars. Went in the office, came back out, started driving, noticed it was on 1 bar and flashing, ran for the nearest fuel station, put in £10 of diesel and suddenly it was at 4 bars again! :blink:

This time, when mine started blinking, I figured I'd see how far I could drive around on it. I did about 72 miles before I chickened out and refulled it:

38 Litres when in to the click, so if the tank is 45L (Not 40L like I thought it was on the diesels), that means there was 7L still in the tank (after doing 72 miles!!??) on a blinking fuel indicator!!

72 miles at 64mpg is about 1 gallon of fuel used, which is about 5 litres, which, with the guestimate of 7 still in the tank, means the fuel blinker started when there was over 12 litres of fuel still in the car!

That can't be right!!! :blink:

(But damn they made a good engine with this D4D :D )

The D4D is said to be a brilliant little engine. I prefer petrol engines but would have been equally as thrilled if my Yaris had a D4D engine. They can supposedly travel from London to Newcastle and back again on one tank of fuel. Some engine!

I usually fill up when my fuel gauge starts flashing at me. When it flashes I feel that it is getting angry at me and swears and all sorts (hence the flashing) silly hey?

It also depends on the length of the run I plan on doing. Sometimes if I can't be bothered I just wing it and fill up if I know I'm going to see the girlfriend later or the day after for example.

Haha lol

i managed to get 62miles before running out of petrol on the last flashing bat lmao

gd times :lol:

So two flashing bars will go to one? Never knew if it only went as low as two or not?

Jon.

why didnt you just fill up when it got to one bar.. :huh:

why didnt you just fill up when it got to one bar.. :huh:

My gauge has been flashing for the past 3 days.

Got 565 miles on the clock and thought better fill up. :thumbsup: