Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anti Rool Bar Bushes

gar

HI, I have had an email from a mr. James Bourn, MD of Powerflex, regarding the roll bar bushes on the Yaris.

He was interested in discovering the level of interest among us Yaris owners, regarding manufacture of these bushes.

Obviously, there needs to be a reasonable amount of need for them as tooling etc needs to be set up to make them but he seemed genuinely interested in finding out if there was enough demand for them.

I am aware that the standard ones perish quicker than a ripe tomato and that many cheep aftermarket ones are not much better , but Powerflex use polyeurathane in thiers, not rubber, so they last a lot longer and don't flex as much, giving better road holding.

Basically, we need enough owners to be interested in buying some before they manufacture, so I am trying to get a count of interested owners.

They also wanted to know if there are any other problematic bushes on the car as they may look into that too!

Am I correct in thinking that ALL the first gen Yaris' use the same bushes? (ie, T sport, 1l, 1.3l, French, Jap, etc) If this is the case, it may be more likely to happen as only one type needs building!

Please place a reply to this or, if you have the ability, (I don't) to start a proper thread with a counter, do so as the more replies/interest, the better.

Many thanks, Gar B)

I assume you mean drop link bushes: not ATB?

If so I would be interested... When I bought they were the same Mk1: 1.01.3,1.4D.

Don't know about T Sport.

Yes it's true that polyeurathane bushes last a lot longer than rubber ones, and I too would be very interested, if the price is right! (come on down! oops got a little carried away there, sorry!)

The ones on the wife's yaris are showing signs of wear and I would imagine they'll need replacing soon.

Keep us informed as I think it's an excellent idea.

Hi,

I would most certainly be interested as long as their cheaper or at least on a par with Mr T's, as mine are gonna need replacing soon.

Cheers

Rob

Nice idea Gar, i would be interested as mine are quite worn now. :thumbsup:

Nice idea Gar, i would be interested as mine are quite worn now. :thumbsup:

Well, thats 4 people who MAY buy some , if priced right ( fairly enough) out of around 105 veiws!

Not a great response but early days yet!! I THINK THIS MAY NEED TO RUN A FEW WEEKS TO SEE IF IT PICKS UP! :)

Powerflex use polyeurathane in thiers, not rubber, so they last a lot longer and don't flex as much, giving better road holding.

I have had polyeurathane bushes before on cars and 4x4's and it must be said that although they last longer they do effect the ride, most are made harder than normal rubber, this makes them last longer and improves the "feel" of the car, the downside is they also make the suspension feel harder and they transmit more vibration through the wheel. They also tend to cost two to three times the price of originals.

Polybush brought out a "comfort" range and these do feel more like standard bushes but they don't last as long.....

I have just changed the bushes on our 2000 GS with a cheap set and these work well and "feel" normal, it's a 20min job to do (£6 a pair incl new bolts and washers) it will last a year at least... Mr T wants about £50 I think and these will last for many years.

So if they can make them supple enough and cheap enough then maybe worth it...

Pete

Powerflex use polyeurathane in thiers, not rubber, so they last a lot longer and don't flex as much, giving better road holding.

I have had polyeurathane bushes before on cars and 4x4's and it must be said that although they last longer they do effect the ride, most are made harder than normal rubber, this makes them last longer and improves the "feel" of the car, the downside is they also make the suspension feel harder and they transmit more vibration through the wheel. They also tend to cost two to three times the price of originals.

Polybush brought out a "comfort" range and these do feel more like standard bushes but they don't last as long.....

I have just changed the bushes on our 2000 GS with a cheap set and these work well and "feel" normal, it's a 20min job to do (£6 a pair incl new bolts and washers) it will last a year at least... Mr T wants about £50 I think and these will last for many years.

So if they can make them supple enough and cheap enough then maybe worth it...

Pete

Get you on that. I beleive they can make stuff harder or softer (oo-er)! so if we can convince them, perhaps they could set it mid-way between the usual rubber and thier usual poly-wotsit stuff! Bare in mind, they want feedback as to how many units they are likey to shift!

Also, most people probably do want a firmer variant, to help improve road holding as many people here seem to fit uprated and lowered shocks and springs, along with other go faster mods! B)

HI, I have had an email from a mr. James Bourn, MD of Powerflex, regarding the roll bar bushes on the Yaris.

He was interested in discovering the level of interest among us Yaris owners, regarding manufacture of these bushes.

Obviously, there needs to be a reasonable amount of need for them as tooling etc needs to be set up to make them but he seemed genuinely interested in finding out if there was enough demand for them.

I am aware that the standard ones perish quicker than a ripe tomato and that many cheep aftermarket ones are not much better , but Powerflex use polyeurathane in thiers, not rubber, so they last a lot longer and don't flex as much, giving better road holding.

Basically, we need enough owners to be interested in buying some before they manufacture, so I am trying to get a count of interested owners.

They also wanted to know if there are any other problematic bushes on the car as they may look into that too!

Am I correct in thinking that ALL the first gen Yaris' use the same bushes? (ie, T sport, 1l, 1.3l, French, Jap, etc) If this is the case, it may be more likely to happen as only one type needs building!

Please place a reply to this or, if you have the ability, (I don't) to start a proper thread with a counter, do so as the more replies/interest, the better.

Many thanks, Gar B)

Hi, are we on about the main anti roll bar bushes that are held in place by a bracket on the under side of the car ,

or are we talking the drop link rubber bushes ? i have just replaced my drop links and the main under side bushes,

the drop links were perished, but the other bushes were like new still ! Yaris x reg 73k miles !

thanks

Kcs

When you say roll bar bushes do you mean the link bushes by chance? I just had them changed recently and it cost me £50. If you do mean the link bushes I would be more than interested in buying some as I don't fancy forking £50 out on a regular basis to have a couple bits of rubber changed!

When you say roll bar bushes do you mean the link bushes by chance? I just had them changed recently and it cost me £50. If you do mean the link bushes I would be more than interested in buying some as I don't fancy forking £50 out on a regular basis to have a couple bits of rubber changed!

Yes, the drop link bushes are the ones I mean...

I am surprised you got 'em done for a nifty, though as Toyota charge more than that for thr bushes alone!

Yes, the drop link bushes are the ones I mean...

I am surprised you got 'em done for a nifty, though as Toyota charge more than that for thr bushes alone!

Cost me £20 per side from stealers for the hole drop link, fitted them myself, although you

can just order the rubber bushes etc if the rest of the link is ok, most of the washers had rusted

on mine and the very bottom nut had to be sawn off ! ! best to replace the lot !

I was quite lucky in the end. I thought it was a bit expensive but when I saw the amount of effort needed I was glad that he was doing it and not me! If we're on the same wavelength then sure I'd be interested in buying some for future.

I was quite lucky in the end. I thought it was a bit expensive but when I saw the amount of effort needed I was glad that he was doing it and not me! If we're on the same wavelength then sure I'd be interested in buying some for future.

Does anyone know how to put a proper count up for a post like this? Some sort of survey, where you can just log an interest so you can see at a glance how much interest there is. There seems to be lots of readers but not too many people saying they want 'em.. If it was easier, it may help! I is a bit of a computer - phobic -idiot! :censor:

• 2 weeks later...

Mine are ready for doing, I was looking into getting Poly ones, so put me down as a definate

• 1 month later...

Many thanks, Gar B)

UAD list them on eBay for £7 or £8 incl p+p for a pair with the links as well.

Many thanks, Gar B)

UAD list them on eBay for £7 or £8 incl p+p for a pair with the links as well.

I would be intrested as i have been told that mine need changing soon on my TS and also my sisters on her 1.0 Yaris need changing soon so would be good to know how much etc and when will they become avaliable.

Thanks

Im interested - mine are currently a warning.

If Im keeping the car after September Ill almost definitely want a set - as said - if the price is right.

My current set won't have even lasted 2 years if they're replaced in September 2009.

Any ideas what makes em go quicker? Too fast round bends? Speed bumps too fast? Harsh braking / acceleration?

Basically, the ones as supplied by Mr. T are made of blackcurrant jelly! Dunno if other so called budget ones are the same but poly-wotsit ones are usually there for the life of the car! stiffer for better roadholding, too! B)

• 1 year later...

Called Powerflex these bushes have been put back I think due to a fire at their factory, so can anybody recommend some after market bushes and is there a procedure to follow to change and if so is is an easy-ish job? ( I have a verso manual are these known as the Stabilizer bar link bushes)?

Many Thanks

Scask

Called Powerflex these bushes have been put back I think due to a fire at there factory, so can anybody recommend some after market bushes and is there a procedure to follow to change and if so is is an easy-ish job? ( I have a verso manual are these known as the Stabilizer bar link bushes)?

Many Thanks

Stabiliser link bushes = ARB.

I did mine using ebay parts...

see http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=109998&st=0&p=998322&hl=bushes&fromsearch=1entry998322

Spray with penetrating oil 48 hours in advance: they WILL be rusted and MAY require cutting to remove if badly rusted but youhave to be unlucky.

The ones bought - see above link seem to last well.. £20 incl P&P.

It's easy to do: you need to jack up and don each side to get access. Note th way they are installed... and when installing ensure the rubber bushes are centralised.

Other than that it's an easy job...

Did mine for the second time a few weeks ago after the original job failed after 6 months, you need to make sure you adjust the nuts up tight and re-tighten after a week or so to allow settling in.

This is important otherwise they will get chewed up if not.

You can re-tighten without jacking the car up with 13mm ring spanner.

Got another advisory this week at my local MOT centre but I told them all Yari' have sh-t bushes! He said they are perishing but still no excessive movement so still ok, just advisory. The car is still on the factory set as I refuse to change them cos the rubber looks cracked. Will do them if they start to move or creak, though!

Also got told the front brakepads are getting low (3mm) so need replacing soon.... Still the orig set at around 40K so not grumbling there, spesh as an Auto and some Yari' brakes need changing at around a quater of the mileage!

Shows how looking ahead and braking softly saves wear and tear to pads and bushes, etc.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links