Do Not Sell My Personal Information

White Smoke From My Verso T180

johnjks1

hi I have exactly problem I have Toyota verso 2011  (7) seater is really annoying with white smoked specialy on hill bring thick smoke and disappear and no any sign on a dashboard please give me advice what to do I am using the car  for the sake of my children any advice will help pls thanks 

1 hour ago, Faiza said:

hi I have exactly problem I have Toyota verso 2011  (7) seater is really annoying with white smoked specialy on hill bring thick smoke and disappear and no any sign on a dashboard please give me advice what to do I am using the car  for the sake of my children any advice will help pls thanks 

White smoke could indicate the head gasket is leaking, the cylinder head is cracked, or the engine block is cracked. Coolant smoke will often present itself before the vehicle overheats. Maybe you feel the sweet smell? Your car could overheat, so you should take the car to the service immediately. If the vehicle runs out of coolant, you run the risk of causing severe damage to the engine.

1 hour ago, Faiza said:

DPF re-gen

• 2 months later...

Did you get this sorted as I have having similar problems with mine . It happens in mine when I am overtaking or climbing hills

• 1 month later...

We had random puffs of white smoke from our 2.0 diesel Verso for months. Always once warmed up and usually when stepping on the gas in 2nd or 3rd. Garage could find nothing wrong. Eventually as I was accelerating onto the motorway I had a massive cloud of white smoke and lost all power. A Three kids in the car :( Answer was injector failure. Seems to be a common problem and Toyota will insist on replacing all four denzo injectors at once (as they are prone to fail at a similar time). Our 3rd party warranty would only cover the one injector. We experienced white smoke to a lesser extent for the next year and then another one went in the same manner.

Toyota are now replacing all four at a cost just shy of £2k. Crazy! The car has done 69k. To make things worse, wifey has lost all faith in the car now so I've got to buy something new on top of the repair costs! Arrrrrrgh!!

On 12/29/2020 at 8:38 AM, Faiza said:

Are you still having the problem? If so, see my reply above. Worth getting your injectors tested as it's pretty spectacular when they go...having to eject three young children on a motorway in roadworks is not fun!

Tell tell signs second time around was a rough start (I wrongly assumed the Battery was on its last legs).

12 hours ago, BacktotheFuji said:

We had random puffs of white smoke from our 2.0 diesel Verso for months. Always once warmed up and usually when stepping on the gas in 2nd or 3rd. Garage could find nothing wrong. Eventually as I was accelerating onto the motorway I had a massive cloud of white smoke and lost all power. A Three kids in the car 😞 Answer was injector failure. Seems to be a common problem and Toyota will insist on replacing all four denzo injectors at once (as they are prone to fail at a similar time). Our 3rd party warranty would only cover the one injector. We experienced white smoke to a lesser extent for the next year and then another one went in the same manner.

Toyota are now replacing all four at a cost just shy of £2k. Crazy! The car has done 69k. To make things worse, wifey has lost all faith in the car now so I've got to buy something new on top of the repair costs! Arrrrrrgh!!

I learned the hard way with my previous (non-Toyota) car that bad injectors seem to come in batches.