Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New (well Chuffed) Owner

robbo516

Ive just bought a 93 mr2 in black and i thinkit looks awsome.

it is in mint condition, but there are a few niggly things wrong with it:

1. drivers window switch isnt working properly, you have to really pull it hard for the window to go up.

2. the window lock button doesnt work, is it supposed to click down cause it works if i hold it!

3. have a slight leak in the t-bar!!!

4. need to fit a new !Removed! lighter cause mine is buggered, any ideas how to sort that??? only useit for mu phone charger!

cheers for any info.

Mike.

Glad you could join me on cloud 9 (new MR2 owners cloud). :rolleyes:

Dunno about most of those things, but apparently you can sort the T bar with a bit of silicone sealant.

Drivers Window switch - contacts are probably wearing out. New switch I'm afraid or.... one from a breakers yard.

Door lock is supposed to click down. If you take it apart, you may find it can be replaced with a cheap switch from Maplin or RS,.

For both of the above, try giving Club MR2 a call on 0845 458 2108

dont worry too much about the t-bar leak fella. most of us have leaks - and even if u spend silly money (like jimlad did)! u will probably find it still leaks a bit.

switch wise phone a few breakers, maybe celica breakers (not sure of number but im sure many ppl here know it), even look on eBay. theres a few window motors on at the mo', maybe switches too :thumbsup:

dont worry too much about the t-bar leak fella. most of us have leaks - and even if u spend silly money (like jimlad did)! u will probably find it still leaks a bit.

switch wise phone a few breakers, maybe celica breakers (not sure of number but im sure many ppl here know it), even look on ebay. theres a few window motors on at the mo', maybe switches too :thumbsup:

heh ......

I have zero Tbar leaks now... even in the maddest of weather.... so you can solve the leaking issues !!

Before you order a new switch try removing it and looking at the contacts. The same thing happened to me with a previous car and it turned out that the contacts were just a bit mucky (from drops of rain that came through the window?). Anyway a rub over with a cotton bud till they were clean again solved the problem :thumbsup:

2. the window lock button doesnt work, is it supposed to click down cause it works if i hold it!

The window lock only stops the use of the passenger side window button to open/close the passenger side window - it can still be moved from the drivers side button.

heh ......

I have zero Tbar leaks now... even in the maddest of weather.... so you can solve the leaking issues !!

sorry fella, i thought u had mentioned b4 that it still leaks?

ah well, i cant be right all the time :P :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links