Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tracking Woes

Hawkeye5

Ho Folks,

The steering on my Avensis d4d 2007 is causing me some concern. The symptoms;

Car pulls slightly to the left

Vibration through the steering wheel at motorway speeds

Steering wheel off-centre

Went through a set of front tyres in under 5K miles

I've had the alignment done 6 times now in 3 months at 3 different Toyota garages. each time it comes back marginally better, sometimes the vibration is lessened but the steering wheel is off-centre. Sometimes the steering wheel is straighter, but the vibration is still there.

After a few weeks, regardless of what they've done, all the symptoms return and we're back to square one.

I've had the car for nearly a year and it seems to get worse as time goes on, regardless of all the work

They tell me it's adifficult thing to get right, but i'm sure after all these attempts they could surely accomplish to fix the symptoms

Anyone experienced anything similar ?

Any suggestions appreciated. I'm pulling what little hair i've got left out.

• 9 years later...

I have something similar but on a Corolla Verso 2006.

When I purchased the car, through local dealership at 3 1/2 years old, I noticed that the steering wheel was 'off centre'. Dealer offered to have this rectified but after 3 days admitted that they had had difficulties and therefore unable to correct it.

Also as the dealership does not have any facility to adjust the tracking I took it to a local tyres shop. Initially they used a 4 wheel gauge, said it was quite a bit 'out', adjusted it and off I went. About 1/4 to 1/2 mile up road the VSC and TRC lights came on so back I went. This time they used 2 wheel gauge, now said track was 'out' the other way, readjusted it, tried up the road now seems ok, no lights on.

Noticed in handbook specs that front track is 10mm wider than rear, possibly this was the reason that 4 wheel gauge was 'quite a bit out'.

Anyone else had similar probs ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links