Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Corrolla Verso 2009 : Cold Air Blowing From Heating Vent

KEV-France-Corrolla-Verso

Toyota Corrolla Verso 2009 : Cold Air Blowing From Heating Vents, Try and understand how the heating system works and find solutions

NB. : I have been told that I should repost in this Forum.

Good day to you all. I am new to this Forum.

I am English living in the South of France. I have just purchased my first Toyota.

It is the 2008/9 version of what is called in France the Toyota Corrola Verso (136hp, 7 saqets Limited Edition) : the last production of the outgoing Toyota Urban Cruiser as it appears to be called in the UK.

My problem is the heating system: this is the only car in 40 years of driving that blows out cold air when I have the heating set to 20°C ( 68°F) . As I came through the mountains in the middle of France and the outside temperature dropped by a few degrees C, it blew out more and more cold air.

Apparently the system sucks in cold air from outside...

I have a dual electronically controlled system and I was using automatic (not the "closed circulation of air but the normal) without air-conditioning on.

Any help would be appreciated: or will I be obliged to sell my car before I FREEZE to death or catch deathly flue ?

I have owned Renaults, Fords, VWs and never have I had this happen.

The car is two weeks old with 3400 km (2 110 miles) on the clock. I had it looked at in Lille before driving down South..but they said there was no problem !

If one pushes up the heating to 24 / 25 °C some heat seems to arrive.

Is all of this NORMAL ?

Advice, help or suggestions welcomed.

Regards,

Kevin in France

Toyota Corrolla Verso 2009 : Cold Air Blowing From Heating Vents, Try and understand how the heating system works and find solutions

NB. : I have been told that I should repost in this Forum.

Good day to you all. I am new to this Forum.

I am English living in the South of France. I have just purchased my first Toyota.

It is the 2008/9 version of what is called in France the Toyota Corrola Verso (136hp, 7 saqets Limited Edition) : the last production of the outgoing Toyota Urban Cruiser as it appears to be called in the UK.

My problem is the heating system: this is the only car in 40 years of driving that blows out cold air when I have the heating set to 20°C ( 68°F) . As I came through the mountains in the middle of France and the outside temperature dropped by a few degrees C, it blew out more and more cold air.

Apparently the system sucks in cold air from outside...

I have a dual electronically controlled system and I was using automatic (not the "closed circulation of air but the normal) without air-conditioning on.

Any help would be appreciated: or will I be obliged to sell my car before I FREEZE to death or catch deathly flue ?

I have owned Renaults, Fords, VWs and never have I had this happen.

The car is two weeks old with 3400 km (2 110 miles) on the clock. I had it looked at in Lille before driving down South..but they said there was no problem !

If one pushes up the heating to 24 / 25 °C some heat seems to arrive.

Is all of this NORMAL ?

Advice, help or suggestions welcomed.

Regards,

Kevin in France

Hi

It's called the corolla verso here as well.... don't know where you got Toyota Urban Cruiser from!!!

My 2008 Verso is the same, I ignore the temp readout and just set it untill hot air comes out usually around 22-24.... I can't stand climate control, never had it work properly in any car... always having to play with it.... my 20yr old Mitsubishi with air con is much better, set the temp, either hot or cold and thats what you get.... why did they have to go and spoil it by trying to be clever!!!!!

So no you are not alone... mine at least is the same....

Pete

I've had 3 VW's and now a Toyota (and I drive trains with a very similar setup in principle) and in my experience Climate Control always works by continually adjusting the vent output temperature with the aim to maintain a constant overall temperature in the cabin which is selected by you from the HVAC (Heat Vent Air Con) controls on the dash as the temperature you desire.

All my cars have demonstrated the symptoms you have described if you allow the vents to blow directly onto you; it can be very misleading as the vent temperature is the one the car thinks it needs to blow to balance the overall cabin temperature you had selected.

There is a thermostatic sensor somewhere that is constantly checking the cabin temperature as long as Climate control is active, on the VW's it was just above the gear stick console.

Don't worry it sounds normal, just adjust the vents to blow away from you.

Jon

Any climate control system uses a set of programmed rules to decide on the direction and temperature of the air it is blowing around. When outside temperature is cold (5 deg C and below) the Verso seems to blow all the air towards your feet and make it as hot as it can. Between 5 and 10 deg C the system seems to be set up to assume condensation on the windows as it directs air to feet and windscreen. For cooling the car it diverts all air to the centre vents (freezing the hand holding the steering wheel by the vent near the radio).

Even with the climate control set to 20 deg C what you get out of the vents will differ depending upon the outside temperature. So as others have said if the Auto is not giving the direction and temperature you desire just switch to manual and set things how you would like them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links