Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Heart Just Missed A Beat...

mk1_salami

I swear I've almost had a heart attack. There's been a powercut in my area over the past 20mins so I thought i'd take the car for a spin. So i've been out for a good 15mins and the engine all warmed up nicely when I come to a stop at a set of traffic lights.

Up rolls this modded accord, complete with really loud barry boy style exhaust - he starts revving engine. So I thouhgt i'd entertain him off the lights....

Red.... Orange - Go! Now I'm putting the power down but the clutch isnt gripping...... the £££ signs are flashing through my head as I realise my clutch has been burnt out or something

So I gradually apply the power and keep a steady pace- looking to get home safely. Then I realised the clutch isnt slipping at all! It must have been ice I was starting on -

Oooops (panic attack over)

heh heh .. I did something similar before xmas ..

went to pull away sharpish from a round-about and just sat there spinning the wheels .. ho hum, clutch in, try again at the next gap ..

Yeah but a modded turbo tends to be a bit more violent!!

Althought a proper snake down the road is good...even better in the dry leaving darkies on the ground!!

I know I'm just an n/a lad but I love getting the rear end twitching when you put the power down.

probably safer in a n/a ... turbo kicks in violently... then you've got some serious twitching going on !!!

its always best to stay on the left hand side where they put the bus lane that stuff is super grippy and you can really get a good launch but i wouldnt advise doing this all the time the clutch wont last long.

Speaking about clutches (& flywheel) i thawt i'd stumbled on some good stuff over at SupraStore - Clutch & Flywheel

I compared prices to fenny's or equivalent and they looked good so i fired off an e-mail to 'em, this was the reply (trimmed to relevant bits):

"Here are the prices including shipping to you. We can claim a value under 100$ so that the taxes will be low.

RPS stage III - 399$

Fidanza Flywheel - 318$

Shipping - 176$

TOTAL - 893$

"

If i convert to £'s and comapre to fensport, using an equivalent(?) part where neccesary...

Part / SupraStore / Fensport (w. Gold Discount & VAT)

RPS stage III = £218.56 / 435.38 - (HELIX Stage 2 Uprated)

Fidanza Flywheel = £174.19 / 317.13

Shipping = £96.40 / 15(?) dunno

TOTAL = £489.15 / 767.51

I know i still havta add tax ontop of the /supraStore order but it wont add up 2 £278.36 odd will it? Normally i'd say a hundred, but the guy talked about claiming low tax's so thta gud rite?

Just thought i'd let u guys know in case anyone else here was thinking of upgrading. U can save urself a few bob.

Hell if u went for the HKS GD Clutch Pro Twin Disk Clutch - 1990 to 1995 MR2 for only $1,399.00 u'd be saving urself a LOT of money! :yes:

Note: the flywheel they have listed is only for the 3SGT-E & 5-SFE, however the guy that sent me the e-mail said they can get me it for 3S-GE, so no worries there :)

!Removed! nora, another long post by me... sigh...

I'll never learn will i ?

-Z

when I ordered my Findanza FW .. the guy had to track down one in the US .. he had to phone about constantly and found one within 3 days ..

Even Findanza didn't have any in stock ..

And combined with a cluthmasters stage 3 .. I think the whole lot came to £600 + P&P ...

so gettin it from the states u'll save about a hundred quid then?

still every penny counts, so it aint all that bad is it?...

-Z

and the £100 goes towards fitting .. and a warm glow that you've not been mugged by Mr T or Customs and Excise ..

and the £100 goes towards fitting .. and a warm glow that you've not been mugged by Mr T or Customs and Excise ..

:crybaby:

I HATE labour!!!! :angry:

But ur rite it would cost around that much for the fitting of the clutch. Damn.

But i still save £100 importing it tho... that's all i havta think of...saving money... :o

-Z