Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Still Like My Yaris!

alan589

I have had my yaris for nearly 2 years and i still like it. I usually have a boredom threshold of 12-18mths and it hasnt happened yet! I am in my mid forties and have owned lots of cars fast and slow dull and daft. However, despite the Yaris's failings ie cheap plastic, non-illuminated switches, fuel consumption not quite as advertised etc etc I still like it and still think that it looks smart and a lot better looking than most supermini's.

Although i am not a kid, i have lowered it 30mm on TTE springs and it has 17" wheels. It looks great. It is beyond me why toyota haven't produced a seriously quick Yaris powered by an engine similar to the one in the corolla ts, that would be great. A tweaked diesel with about 150 bhp and lots of torque would be interesting too.

Mine has a PSI powerbox fitted giving about 109bhp and good torque. It really improves the car, just quick enough to be fun without being silly....happy days. :)

I still love mine too, I'm gutted that I've got to sell it. :(

Ah, bummer! Are you replacing it?

Alan

i love mine 2, I loved my old GS aswell, so reliable, but i sold it my sister and .....she wrote it off! so careless I was abit upset!

now she has a clapped out 350 quid citreon something, its a complete peice of cr*p leaking oil on our drive, disgrace 2 the toyota family (dad has a yaris, mum has a rav4)

I still love mine too, I'm gutted that I've got to sell it. :(

Ah, bummer! Are you replacing it?

Alan

Yep, need something bigger for my baby due in August. :) Hoping to stay Toyota though, or at least Jap. I can't think of anything as much fun to drive, and be such a good car though. :(

I love my little red Yaris and wouldn't be without it. Initially, I actually disliked the old models but now I like them just as much as the new ones with the super cool chunky body not only because I now own an old model style one but also because it seems smaller, lighter and thus much more easier to park and manouvre than the new ones perhaps?

True they have got cheap looking plastics in comparison to other cars but they're fun to drive, have much better kit than other superminis as standard, can comfortably carry four adults and are a doddle to drive, park and literally run on petrol fumes.

If I ever buy a new car it will be a Yaris! That or a Civic.

• 3 weeks later...

Good for you, we have a 1 year old 1.3 TR and can't wait to see the back of the loathsome heap.

If only it would stay working long enough to part exchange it.

Good for you, we have a 1 year old 1.3 TR and can't wait to see the back of the loathsome heap.

If only it would stay working long enough to part exchange it.

Isn't it under warranty????

Of course, and after a battle the various agents make it go again but bits keep falling off and the wretched thing is so pathetically awful that it's even hard to summon enthusiasm to fight Toyota to get things done.

Of course, and after a battle the various agents make it go again but bits keep falling off and the wretched thing is so pathetically awful that it's even hard to summon enthusiasm to fight Toyota to get things done.

How can it be so bad? :o

Our 2000 mk1 is brilliant in every way. :P

I love my Yaris too :D

Couldn't of asked for a better first car!

I'm a very lucky boy.

Can't argue with 600 miles on a single tank ;)

How can it be so bad? :o

Our 2000 mk1 is brilliant in every way. :P

Where to start? Cheap, tinny construction with wafer thin paint, noisy and unresponsive engine, terrible gearchange and clutch and ridiculously bad seating / loadspace design. Built like a lego kit and determined to reduce itself to a kit of parts and any opportunity. Electrical faults by the dozen - dash that is illegal most of the time. Breaks down and sheds parts for a past time. Shoddy and uncaring dealers.... I could go on but what is the point? It's normal for a Yaris apparantly, we've driven dozens now and they are all mediocre. If you've owned and driven decent cars these things don't cut the mustard at all.

My wife decided she wanted a cheap car, she bought a Yaris..... it cost more than double what it is worth.http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/style_images/1/folder_post_icons/icon7.gif

Cue hoards of people who think these tin boxes are wonderful.........

Oh, and fuel consumption is poor at 35mpg average and oil consumption is laughable at 1000 miles per litre - both "normal" for a 1.3 according to three dealers and customer services....

Stoford Yaris, why don't you just sell your Yaris instead of slating it to death on a !Removed! Yaris forum?

I can't agree with anything you say, esp the oil quote....The 1.3 needs 1litre every 1000miles? :huh:

I've done well over 1000 miles in mine and never had to top up the oil, neither have i had any electrical problems, gearbox probs, clutch issues ect ect...

Seems the Yaris isn't really suited to you them. :lol:

I have yaris too i love my yaris and auris :)

PS you say "It is beyond me why toyota haven't produced a seriously quick Yaris powered by an engine similar to the one in the corolla ts" One version of yaris have 1.5 turbo 150ps :)

http://www.google.pl/imgres?imgurl=http://...=3&ct=image

That is a nice Yaris. That was never sold in the UK. Someting like that for the current Yaris is what i am after.

Stoford Yaris, why don't you just sell your Yaris instead of slating it to death on a bloody Yaris forum?

I can't agree with anything you say, esp the oil quote....The 1.3 needs 1litre every 1000miles? :huh:

I've done well over 1000 miles in mine and never had to top up the oil, neither have i had any electrical problems, gearbox probs, clutch issues ect ect...

Seems the Yaris isn't really suited to you them. :lol:

I totally agree......................I am on my second Yaris and both of them have been totally faultless and have never needed oil top ups between services.

Stoford Yaris...............Maybe the Yaris is not for you..................or your wife :lol:

Arrr!

I love my yaris, between me and my sister, we've owned 5 :) Any minor faults which were just down to the car settling in, were fixed my local dealer, without issue. I have to say though, the customer service/after sales of my local dealership is so good, it has pretty much got my business for the foreseeable future.

The only thing that pisses me off with it, is there's not a VXR/ST type equiv. Which is why I'm keeping an eye on the Aussie Market, what with a TRD Aurion, 3.5ltr V6 Dual VVTI-I Supercharge :E and the Supercharged Hilux.. and rumours of either the 3.5ltr V6 Supercharged RAV4 or Auris (corolla to them still I believe)...... next..... I think I might be importing.

The 1.8 SR with a TRD Turbo setup or compressor.... It'd make me need to change my underwear. :E

Agreed, good on you.

I've only owned my Yaris T Sport 18 months myself and I too usually have itchy feet by now, but not with my little giant slaying Yaris, it's immense; and again I have had some great cars in my time, Civic Type R, Clio Sport, and Toyota GT coupe (Levin), but this time round I'm keeping the Yaris and buying an MX5 Sport as a second car as the Yaris has to stay.

The only question remaining is - Toyota where are all the sporty models now, c'mon we want a new Yaris T Sport now people!!!

regards

Yumma

Where you read about this?

Sorry, if that was directed at my 600 miles comment, well that's what I'm getting in my T-Spirit D4D :lol:

It's like that episode of Red Dwarf where it gets split into a totally perfect Red Dwarf and a totally imperfect one. I think I got the perfect Yaris and the other guy got the buggered one :lol:

It does have its faults, but compared to my last car (1.3 petrol Fiesta X_x) this thing is the dog's proverbials :D

I must admit I'm not such a big fan of the newer one 'tho; No sunroof and too big. I'd rather get a Corolla!

Cue hoards of people who think these tin boxes are wonderful.........

I've got a 2008 Yaris SR d4d, and recently had a petrol one as a hire car...

...and it was one of the worst cars i've ever had the misfortune of driving. Noisey, unresponsive, very cheap feeling, and stupid driving position.

My SR by contrast is one of the nicest cars i've ever driven - it seems having more weight up front and larger wheels / lowering springs really does makes a difference to the way the car behaves and feels. The diesel engine is also light years ahead in terms of pace and refinement.

So there we go then - basic spec petrol = cheap and rubbish, top spec diesel = awesome.

I should add i've only had afew hiccups in my first 4,000 miles of driving - namely transmission noise (common on all D4D's it seems) and squeeking brakes.

"My SR by contrast is one of the nicest cars i've ever driven - it seems having more weight up front and larger wheels / lowering springs really does makes a difference to the way the car behaves and feels. The diesel engine is also light years ahead in terms of pace and refinement.

So there we go then - basic spec petrol = cheap and rubbish, top spec diesel = awesome".

Hmmm.

Whilst I am no fan of the later current Yaris' as it has grown beyond belief and there are no proper sports models (T Sport editions as with the old P1 & P2's). I have never yet met someone who found having a heavy great engine stuck above the front wheels who thought it improved the behaviour of a car, maybe good if you want to go in a straight line down a motorway, but it will only cause understeer in turns and suffer hideous torque steer exiting tight bends/junctions and roundabouts. Each to their own but some people will like the engaging thrashy nature of a petrol; even if most of the current petrol engines are underpowered to haul such a big car around, over a wheezing diesel which runs out of puff at 4500rpm. You only need look at the popular motoring press, you'll hardly ever see a much loved diesel in Top Gear or Evo when it comes to handling.

And for the record I am a former diesel owner, but soom tired of its poor handling, torque steer, unspectacullar economy so went back to a 1.5P1 T Sport which is awesome, even my wifes old P1 1.3 SR is a nice little motor too and the 1.0 GS's I've had as curtesy cars have been good.

At the end of the day it depends what you want from your car and how you drive it, plus the driving you do.