Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2003 Rav Console Controls

chrisedge

Hi. Just aquired 2003 rav4. Can some one kindly explain the knobs & buttons on the central console. What does AF remote, pty menu ta guidance etc mean. Also how does the radio work. Alas no handbook with car. Thanks in eager anticipation Chris

Hello and Welcome Chris.

Looks like everybody else is ignoring you for some explicable reason. This should really be coming from 4.2 owners, but I expect they are too busy :angry:

I'll give a quick summary a go from memory from my previous vehicle:

palm.jpg

Unless you've got the Toyota navigation system installed ignore reroute,guidance,memory,back,nav labels. They are just dual function buttons. Those labels don't mean anything without the navigation system.

AF - Turns on RDS AF flag, which should keep you tuned to a national station on a long journey (e.g. keeps you on radio2 frequencies if tuned to R2 FM).

TA - will turn on RDS traffic announcement. With TP up on the display it with either jump to a station with traffic announce when they are making one (or search for a station that does do traffic announcements). With TA up the radio will mute, until a traffic announcement is made.

PTY - will set the radio program type, news, pop etc.

AST - Auto store. Will store the 6 strongest FM stations on FM preset set number 3 I think

AM/FM - will cycle through AM/FM band and AM/FM presets. (To preset a station, press and hold preset button 1-6 when you have the frequency).

TRIP - will cycle through MPG (Average and Instantaneous) and av speed. Press and hold to reset?

Press vol control turns radio on/off

Audio control - press(?) then turn to set balance,treble,bass etc.

Tape/Disc (if you have it) selects tape or CD output instead of the radio.

Any help?

Shcm Thanks a lot. Just the job. Chris

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links