Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alloy Problems

Vloothuis

I realise this thread was a while ago. I have a 51 plate Celica 140 and had one set of alloys replaced under warranty two years ago. These alloys have also started to blister in the past few months. Dealer offered to replace all for £400 but I don't want the same thing to happen, they should last longer. He claimed it might be the sea air. I asked if it is a common problem and he said they change quite a few of the standard alloys (which is surely a good sign they are poor quality/flawed???). He said the T-Sport wheels also can have the same problem.

I am tempted to just buy some non-Toyota alloys. Need new tyres now so might put bigger wheels on.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Oh and my second set of brake discs are corroding and scored so it will be two sets in five years/38,000 miles. Should they last longer? Is it worth looking for non-Toyota sourced parts?

I had the 5 spokes on my old lex changed twice under warranty - picture shows type -

blackis.jpg

The new Lex seems better but they are starting to go . . . . .

I am tempted to just buy some non-Toyota alloys. Need new tyres now so might put bigger wheels on.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Oh and my second set of brake discs are corroding and scored so it will be two sets in five years/38,000 miles. Should they last longer? Is it worth looking for non-Toyota sourced parts?

Yes to both. Just had my front discs & pads replaced with non toyota parts. This is the 2nd time this has been done (1st under warranty 20K miles, now it's done just under 43Kmiles) MOT also advised rear pads to be changed:rolleyes:

Also my alloys are shot, these have been replaced under warranty when the brakes were done at 20K miles, so I will be investing in some non-toyota alloys and going up to 16". This is an ongoing and well known problem so nuff said! :thumbsup: