Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Member - Auris Sr

hamspeed

Hi forum guys and girls... Just picked up an Auris SR yesturday! :)

After a long drive South in what has to be the worst weather this year, I finally picked up the keys. Its an ex-demonstrater direct from Toyota, we managed to get parking sensors, the full Supaguard pack (still not sure what all it included), Auris mats and a load of other little extra's included for free! I've just ordered a set of Auris mudflaps too which is always a good start...

Just wondering if there's any common issue's/ faults to be aware of with the Auris?

Few phone pic's from the A1:

DSC05051forum.jpg

DSC05054.jpg

DSC05065.jpg

I'll post some better pic's up later once i've had a chance to detail it as its filthy from the 300mile drive yesturday. I was also suprised to find they don't make the SR anymore... Does anyone know why?

No major issues, there was a minor recall for steering column brackets but i don't think yours is old enough to be affected and if it is the garage will have done the work anyway.

Only thing you might find are squeaky brakes (you will have noticed this already if yours is affected). You simply book it in and they change the brakes under warranty.

Hello Hamspeed, and welcome among other Auris owners!

You have a nice car, I like that colour very much, and am glad that you are happy with your car so far...

There's a few things which you will possible notice too: Squeaky brakes (maybe it's fixed allready), dash rattles

and sounds coming from the fuel tank when fuel is moving in there.

These are the main problems which pretty many people on this forum has had, hope you won't face any of them

and will make happy miles with no concerns :)

Best regards, Alex

How much do you want for those pitlane rims?? :wub: :P

EY he's just bought the car, don't think he's ready to sell any parts,

he's in love, it's their honeymoon now! :lol:

Best regards, Alex

Hi and welcome! :thumbsup:

I like you am a new SR owner and am loving my car! I personally haven't had any issues with it as of yet except for having the windscreen washer sprays replaced as they had an issue with them - over 40mph they weren't spraying high enough onto the windscreen - all replaced under warranty though.

I had a few extras put on the car when I collected it - twin exhaust, skirts etc and love my new wheels - feel like a true boy racer & not a 30 something mum of one!

Cheers :D

post-74416-1239980520_thumb.png

post-74416-1239980540_thumb.jpg

post-74416-1239980558_thumb.jpg

I like you am a new SR owner and am loving my car! I personally haven't had any issues with it as of yet except for having the windscreen washer sprays replaced as they had an issue with them - over 40mph they weren't spraying high enough onto the windscreen - all replaced under warranty though.

I had a few extras put on the car when I collected it - twin exhaust, skirts etc and love my new wheels - feel like a true boy racer & not a 30 something mum of one!

post-74416-1239980520_thumb.png

post-74416-1239980540_thumb.jpg

post-74416-1239980558_thumb.jpg

Just ordered the same spoiler and rear skirt + twin exhaust for my T180 looks good should be fitted next week

Brilliant - I think it finishes it off nicely, I'm chuffed to bits with it!

Is it compatible with the T180 - I know it isn't with the SR180?? Sorry, I know I am female - not that good on the ins & outs with all of the models!!!! What is the difference with the T180 & the SR180?

Cheers

What do you mean "it isnt with the SR180"? You have it fitted to a SR180 :)

It is compatible with the T180, you can find the details on the TTE web site.

The differences between the T180 and SR180 are mainly equipment. They use the same 2.2 Diesel engine and gearbox ect. I think the Sr180 might be lower than the T180, other than that, the T180 has over the SR180 (to my knowledge) Electric sunroof, keyless entry and start. Other than that I think they are the same.

I don't have the SR180 - I have an SR!

I was told by my local Toyota dealer that the one I purchased wasn't compatable with the SR180 model - maybe there is a slight difference with the twin silencer for SR & the SR180 models??

I don't have the SR180 - I have an SR!

I was told by my local Toyota dealer that the one I purchased wasn't compatable with the SR180 model - maybe there is a slight difference with the twin silencer for SR & the SR180 models??

My apologies, I saw the SR in thepiccy and assumed it was an SR180.

Yes they must be different as on the TTE site they have 2 different model numbers one for T/SR180

http://www.tte.de/cm_auris_E15_TF1.htm

Dosnt change the looks though, it still looking good

Brilliant, thanks for clearing that up for me, I was beginning to think my toyota dealer was having me on!

You'll have to post some pictures on here so we can see the end result - are you fitting them yourself?

The t180 requires a different part because the t180 has multilink rear suspension so the twin pipes / box have to bend and twist a little to get around the suspension arms. .

The t180 requires a different part because the t180 has multilink rear suspension so the twin pipes / box have to bend and twist a little to get around the suspension arms. .

That makes sense - cheers for that! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the warm welcomes and advice. Yeah its a nice step up from the Rover 25 we had before, I managed to drive it 300 miles to the garage yesturday with the headgasket gone, a good achievement I thought (despite having to stop every 50 miles to refill the radiator!)

Didn't get the chance to clean up the exterior today, though there's a big bag of Supaguard products sitting in the boot which will be fun to try out over the weekend... Here's a cheeky shot of the floormats to keep you entertained! :toast:

DSC05073.jpg

haha I think alexC's got it right on that one, it was actually part of the reason I went for an SR... :lol:

Its ok, i'm 19 and I feel like i'm growing up driving a midsize Toyota rather then being the boy racer inside of me! That finishes off the rear end perfectly, I really like that! Thats the one downer i've noticed with the SR - the standard exhaust pipe, think i'll just get a chrome tailpipe trim to cover it up for now! Have you changed the wheels aswell then?

Thanks for the warm welcomes and advice. Yeah its a nice step up from the Rover 25 we had before, I managed to drive it 300 miles to the garage yesturday with the headgasket gone, a good achievement I thought (despite having to stop every 50 miles to refill the radiator!)

Didn't get the chance to clean up the exterior today, though there's a big bag of Supaguard products sitting in the boot which will be fun to try out over the weekend... Here's a cheeky shot of the floormats to keep you entertained! :toast:

DSC05073.jpg

haha I think alexC's got it right on that one, it was actually part of the reason I went for an SR... :lol:

Its ok, i'm 19 and I feel like i'm growing up driving a midsize Toyota rather then being the boy racer inside of me! That finishes off the rear end perfectly, I really like that! Thats the one downer i've noticed with the SR - the standard exhaust pipe, think i'll just get a chrome tailpipe trim to cover it up for now! Have you changed the wheels aswell then?

I have the same wheels as you, it was a figure of speach (love my new wheels/car!)! I was tempted to just go with the chrome tailpipe but knew I would never be happy once I'd seen the twin silencer available.

Have fun with it, I certainly am!

post-74416-1239998610_thumb.jpg