Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Abs Code 36 Testing Rear Left Sensor

CarinaE1.8gs1997

Hi thanks to the great resource of this forum I have managed to diagnose my carina E 1.8 gs R1997(the proud new owner of it - it's an excellent drive)

Code 36

Open in right front or left rear wheel speed sensor circuit. Check speed sensor, sensor rotor, wiring harness and connector.

Can't get the rear sensor out, the gent at the garage reckoons I can get a reading from the sensor connection at the other end but I can't source the other end ?anyone?

also lats night I got a brutal grinding noise coming from, driver side engine front, but, but for the first time ever the ABS light went out for all of 60 secs ?coincedence?

what next?

I have scouted these boards but unable to find a cinclusion to this prob

thanks in advance

just want to add this to perhaps help others with similair prob

sourced this diagnostic pdf it's for a camry but it certainly helped me

http://camrystuff.com/manuals/Gen4/Diagnostics.pdf

when I did a fault reading I got a code 36 which suggested front right - however when I took OHM readings it turned out to be front left

I sourced a sensor from the scrappys I took out both front sensors from a 95 celica

(it was a Bosch like mine but the top fitting was different - used a wire juncton box and now ABS light is out :yahoo: off to book my MOT now

That was a good file you linked too, thanx.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, In reply to the rear sensor problem. The connector for the rear sensor is inside the car under the rear seat trim. Various options depending on the model. You need to trace the lead from the wheel sensor to the rubber grommet where it enters the car. Then on the inside remove seat trim to expose the lead and continue tracing to the connector. Hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links