Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla T Sport Engine Light And Trs And Vsc Light On Please Help!

CorollaTSport

Hi first post on here so please be kind lol, i brought a toyota corolla t sport 190 bhp and the car was fine as i drove it the car now has the vsc and the trc and the engine management light on. the car has done 90k, got to point out the car was parked up for several months. Checked the oil and the car is fine. the car was damaged from the right hand side but there was no engine damage to the car ! its going for repair sooon soo will have to upload the pics of before and after lol !! so please could you help and any suggestions please thanks !! ;)

My dash was lit up like a christmas tree recently as well. I took it to my local indy who recorded all of the fault codes and then cleared them out. So far they haven't come back and that was about 6 weeks ago now. Sometimes the engine has a hiccup and lights up the dash to warn you, but the problem may only be temporary. I'd say when it goes in for repair, get then to note down the codes and clear them. Then if they come back, they know where the problem is likely to be and can fix it. :thumbsup:

if the car has had damage to right side, maybe the trc/vsc sensors next to the wheels have been damaged ?

thanks for your help mini marc i did manage to get it off all i did was take the Battery off and the lights have gone off *touch wood* and borodaz i do think you could be right too!! for the time being the lights have gone off so fingers crossed hain. and does anyone else have a problem with the revs reveing when you start the car when i start mine the reves stay on 1 and a half thousan and then rev down then rev up abit again is this common ? thanks again peeps !! :) i will upload the car damaged pic soon so should be fun lol !! great car though !

lol me being thick here farhanali whats the choke ?and how do u know its on??

The 2zz ge has no choke, its multi point fuel injection

My car idles at 1600 when its started from cold, when its warmed up 800

yer mine idles about 1600 off cold 800 warm, but occasionally it will idle at 1600 then raise to not far off 2000 for a minute or two then drop back to 1600 or below if warmer, i always assumed it was the autochoke, obviously not lol

also a couple of times ive started the engine usually when its already warm and the revs will rise and fall smoothly from say 800rpm to 1400rpm, firstly i checked to make sure steering wasnt on full lock as this can sometimes affect revs due to stresses on p/s pump (i think) wasnt that, dabbed the throttle a few times to see if it would clear no good, its never been a problem and like i say has only occured 5 or 6 times at most, anyone else noticed this or is it just me lol

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. The three lights probably came on due to a bit of dirt or carbon from the engine blocking the vvt sensor. They also come on if the oil is low or the oil pump isn't working as it should. if they havent come on again since i'd put it down to a blocked sensor. if they return, it is worth taking it straight to toyota, as i have two t sports, and the first had hi milage. happened twice to me. both times different problems. just because you check the oil, doesn't mean the oil is getting all around the engine. as for the revs on cold start up, i believe this is to help the engine warm up quicker to its optimal temp for the vvt to work as it should, hense the 'lift' only working when the engine has warmed up. any 1 else has the 3 lights dont disconnect the battry... read the codes first just incase.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links