Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Remote Unarm-arm

onestar

Hi All, wondering if anyone has experienced the following.

Avensis 1.8 GS vvti 52.

Two days in a row now, in the mornings the remote unlock/lock has a problem in responding to the keyfob. So far both days, I've been lucky enough to get it open, eventually. The first day (of this problem) I tried locking, unlocking a few times etc and was experiencing the same thing.

The problem stayed with both key fobs,

but once I drive away the problem is gone. The remote unlock/lock works fine (instant) for the rest of the day.

I can't see the point in taking it into a dealer, because by that time it'll all be working.

Any one seen or experienced this before?

Thanks

Hi All, wondering if anyone has experienced the following.

Avensis 1.8 GS vvti 52.

Two days in a row now, in the mornings the remote unlock/lock has a problem in responding to the keyfob. So far both days, I've been lucky enough to get it open, eventually. The first day (of this problem) I tried locking, unlocking a few times etc and was experiencing the same thing.

The problem stayed with both key fobs,

but once I drive away the problem is gone. The remote unlock/lock works fine (instant) for the rest of the day.

I can't see the point in taking it into a dealer, because by that time it'll all be working.

Any one seen or experienced this before?

Thanks

Not sure if it is really the same problem, but you might check out the threads titled:

Lock God Damn You

Stay Locked, God Damn You (pt.2)

I missed thread one when searching. It sounds similiar but not the same (at least not yet).

My problem started yesterday.

Both Key fobs do the same, (one has hardly been used).

The first part of the day, they will open and lock the car, but it is a struggle to get them to do so. eg maybe take be a 10secs to a minute to get the car to react (eg flash lights and open/lock).

The key fob light continues to flash during this time.

If I drive away (like even 3 minutes aways) the locks work fine for the rest of the day!

Thanks

I can't be much more help to you, I'm afraid. I've never had a similar problem (yet :D ).

Just one thought - it wouldn't happen to be cold where you are at the moment? It might be worth looking at the actuator (wherever it might be situated, I don't know) or the signal reciever (ditto for the location). The former might need greasing, but I have no idea what the cold might do to the latter :(

Weirdest thing, past two days no problems.

I don't think its to do with temperature, as it was working fine in -7, and the past days have been mild where I am.

Just going to have to wait this out I guess.

This may not be anything to do with your particular remote lock/unlock problem, but I find that when I park up in my local Toyota dealer's car park I struggle to lock the doors remotely. I have to fire a carefully aimed signal to where (I think) the car is listening from. What's worse is being unable to unlock it with the remote having previously spent all that effort locking and arming it :crybaby:

The problem here, according to the dealer, is the large mobile phone transmitter next to their site interferring with all the remote signals.

Never experienced this problem elsewhere other than when I take Glenda (the name of the voice behind the Sat Nav :lol: ) for a service...

Graham.