Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Mats - Your Experience / Advice

Granty&Swanny

Hi There !!

Bought an 07 Auris last week and need to get some mats for the car. I have had a look through the Car Care forum and also the Auris forum. A few threads about mats but nothing really being recommended.

I have looked at the following so far...

Ebay - Official Auris Mats

Cannon Custom Fit Rubber Mats

Halfords Rip Speed Aluminium Heel Plate

I can see in the Auris there is a securing point for mats, which I would like to utilise as my old Fiat Siecento used to have the mats sliding around. :(

Anybody got the above and can offer advise, or if you can suggest some alternatives.

Many thanks

Granty&Swanny

Hi there & welcome!

I have a new Auris & purchased the official toyota mats with it - tried cheaper alternatives in previous cars & in my opinion you can't beat the Toyota ones....at least you know they are the proper fit.

You are right too, the holes & fastenings stop them from sliding around! :thumbsup:

Cheers

I have the official toyota mats in my car, but i have to say that the holes in the mats do not line up with the fastening points in the carpet, and the mats do tend to ride up a bit.

Hello Granty&Swanny and welcome to the club!

I have Toyota rubber mats and been very happy with them. It's just that all that brown dust is very visible on them as they're black and pretty even, but I find those fastening holes very useful, they are in the right places on my mats :) Just go for Toyota mats and you won't be dissapointed, at least don't take anything with those aluminium plates as they can be very slippery and it's not very nice when you're trying to press throttle or brake pedal and your leg is sliding...

You can also try to send a PM to Parts-King when you'll have enough posts to be allowed to send PMs, or then just ask for the price on this topic and hopefully Parts-King will answer you :)

Good luck with your new car and hopefully you'll find some nice set of mats for it!

Best regards, Alex

Thanks for the warm welcome. Well looks like the official rubber mats are the way forward. I'll take a look at that eBay link. But if Parts-King happens to read this thread and can post me some details I would like to put business through a forum member :)

Granty&Swanny

I've had a set of genuine carpet mats since picking up the car new on 1st September 2008, and within 8 months (10k miles) the drivers mat has totally worn through where the heal pivots from the accelerator to brake.

Thanks to Parts King mentioning that all parts come with a 12 months guarantee, these are currently in the process of being replaced (hopefully) by Toyota via my local dealer.

Hi there

I didn't agree with toyotas mats so i got a set of good quality premium mats from a local car store - half rubber, half carpet. Top of the range thick mats for £20. The toyota mats are for £50 and are not even that good! :P

The toyota carpet ones get dirty very easily as well as fray. Its also difficult to get dirt off them. They lose their original colour overtime too.

With the rubber mats, they too wear out and the dirt seems to stay even after washing them. Dont know about the toyota ones though.

Good luck!!

Hello, Granty&Swanny, and welcome to the forum.

I got genuine Toyota rubber mats and I love them. Hate the carpet ones as the wear out easily and get dirty even easier, especially when raining and and you've got mud on your shoes. Mine are light grey color, bought them from my local dealer when picking up the car for 60 €. Don't have the hooks for them but as they are a perfect fit and the rubber is really soft, they are not moving around (an issue I've had in the past with all of my cars, no matter what sort of mats I've had).

Regards,

Svet

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links