Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tsport ... 5 Speed Or 6 Speed?

Adrian Mo

A chap i know was trying to tell me that there are 2 versions of the tsport, one with 5 gears [reverse,1,2,3,4,5] and one with 6 [reverse,1,2,3,4,5,6] - personally i think hes full of ***** lol but you guys who actually own tsports set me straight, cheers. he said type r's have a 6 gears i.e. reverse,1,2,3,4,5,6???

the way i see it, a 6th gear wud only b used in diesels, for efficiency purposes :s - hes got his information from parkers! i think he saw a site sayin 5 gears [not including reverse] then another site sayin 6 gears [including reverse] but correct me if im wrong :) [parkers say the tsport does 0-60 in 8. something seconds according to him, bull*****!

he says all this because hes a type r man! i buying a tsport soon and i hope to beat a few type r's from round where i live which according to youtube is nearly always the case - any race between a type r and tsport ive seen on youtube, the tsport comes out in front :D awesum!

cant wait to get one, cheers guys

Parkers does show the T-Sport as having a 5 speed box, but ive never seen one and believe this to be an error, the reason for the 6 sp box is to enable the driver to stay within the 6200 - 8200 rpm band, where LIFT is, i fail to see how a 5sp box would manage this.

This is where it states 5 sp : http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Detail.aspx?deriv=24184

Wrong wrong wrong ...

the t-sport got 6 gears including reverse,you want to ask this bloke wot standard kit the type r got to wot the t-sport got that should shut him up for a bit :thumbsup:

Didn't the very first batch of import Celica 190s come with a 5 speed box, or am I getting mixed up with something else?

0-60 in a CTS is sub 8 seconds from what others have said. I've never done a run to check it myself.

A stock CTS vs a stock CTR (assuming both are equally skilled drivers) will always have the CTR winning. It is more powerful and better handling. These are facts you can't change without spending money to upgrade the CTS.

the t-sport got 6 gears including reverse,you want to ask this bloke wot standard kit the type r got to wot the t-sport got that should shut him up for a bit :thumbsup:

You mean 6 gears plus reverse?

Or 7 including reverse....

and btw gears 1-6 even with a good driver its very difficult to stay in lift on 1-2-3-4 shifts...really lift should have been at 6k or 5800 to be achievable on each shift...

Didn't the very first batch of import Celica 190s come with a 5 speed box, or am I getting mixed up with something else?

0-60 in a CTS is sub 8 seconds from what others have said. I've never done a run to check it myself.

A stock CTS vs a stock CTR (assuming both are equally skilled drivers) will always have the CTR winning. It is more powerful and better handling. These are facts you can't change without spending money to upgrade the CTS.

To many pol on here and with videos on YouTube show the tsport from 0-60 in far less than 8 seconds! Also many beating a type r! It's hard 2 know, I'm just gonna have 2 buy one n do the necessary mods 2 gain a bit like stainless steel exhaust and cold air intake or sum sort of decent filer setup! Cheers guy!

and btw gears 1-6 even with a good driver its very difficult to stay in lift on 1-2-3-4 shifts...really lift should have been at 6k or 5800 to be achievable on each shift...

really?

the only gear i cant stay in lift is first going into second where the revs dip to about 5200-5500 ish, 2nd to 3rd no problems 3rd to 4th easy peasey

i know on paper the ctr's are quicker but with the lack of trc off the line they spin and spin and spin (ive seen it time and time again) so where ours lack in power they make up for in a half decent start, once up in lift both cars are almost a perfect match, although im sure my mate has told me that in his ctr he can keep it in the vtec changing from 1st to 2nd (just lol) thats my experience of cts against ctr

also as someone else said ask your mate what equipment his ctr came with as standard ;)

at the end of the day honda have been building motors for god knows how long but they still cant seem to find out where the gearstick should go :D

really?

the only gear i cant stay in lift is first going into second where the revs dip to about 5200-5500 ish, 2nd to 3rd no problems 3rd to 4th easy peasey

well thats it but 1-2 is the most important for most short races, 0-60s, 1/4 miles, etc...

really?

well thats it but 1-2 is the most important for most short races, 0-60s, 1/4 miles, etc...

would the short shifter enable you to stay in lift 1st - 2nd?

Hi, All T sports have 6 speed box, parkers are always getting there facts wrong! Parkers say 8.4 seconds 0 to 62 Toyota say 8.1, but its common knowledge that a stock T Sport can easily achieve 0-62 in around 7.5 seconds. I heard the reason that Toyota released a 0-62 time of 8.1 seconds was so that they didnt upset celica T Sport owners as the 0-62 times between the two cars are very similar and the celica costs a few grand more, but i could be wrong.I think it was Top gear magazine that tested the ctr and cts against each other. In there test The T Sport did 0-60 in 7.3 and 0-62 in 7.8, the reason for a half second difference for just 2 mph is because you have to change from 2nd to 3rd. The times for the Type R were 0-60 in 7.9 and 0-62 in 8.3, the reason why the T sport came out the fastest was because the test was done in the wet and the T Sport has traction control. In the dry the results would of favoured the Type R, but not by much! Personaly i have been up against 2 Type Rs ,1st one was from a standing start and he just had me by about a cars length, the second one was from a rolling start and i actually pulled away from it :thumbsup: Both times you the Type R drivers were well shocked :eek: In my oppinion Type Rs are a bit too common, thats why i opted for the T Sport.

Im picking my face lift 54 plate T Sport up on thusday, cant wait, i cant believe how much better it handles than my 03 T Sport that i am trading in. I F*****g love em. Hope you understand all that cos i dont. :D

also as someone else said ask your mate what equipment his ctr came with as standard ;)

at the end of the day honda have been building motors for god knows how long but they still cant seem to find out where the gearstick should go :D

Haha, I've always said that about their gear stick, it also looks alot like a peni5 lol, lousy!

It's good to hear that the tsport is able 2 keep up with and even beat a type r even when the likes of parkers say a cts 0-60 is 8.4 and ctr is 6.5, idiots lol!

agreed with most comments already made.

i believe the 2zz is a much stronger engine than is given credit for. my completely stock cts has level pegged several modified ctr's. im not saying they cant drive or its faster, but on that given day it was even stevens.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links