Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is This Justice ?

Pat2u

A man has been jailed for 27 months for the manslaughter of a motorist after he "lost control" in a road rage incident.

Graham Cahill, 44, *********, Harrow, north London, confronted Toby Cooke, from Luton, after a minor collision on the M1 in May 2008.

The Old Bailey heard Cahill punched Mr Cooke once, causing him to fall.

The 25-year-old died from injuries caused by his head striking the ground. Cahill was jailed at Luton Crown Court after admitting manslaughter.

He was also disqualified from driving for 18 months.

The court heard Mr Cooke had previously been involved in a similar incident which had been reported to the police.(ok....)

Alright Fair enough he didnt mean to..BUT 2 years? His problably gona do half of that and let off...No anger Managemt classes?

So recap

he wont drive for 2 years (probably be rusty)

He wont get help with his anger problems (so uhmm hows anything gna change?)

so wen he comes out (probably still be an angry type of guy)

he'll be allowed to drive straight away?

Is this justice 27 months ?

Full story

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bu...rts/8001838.stm

NO! It isn't :angry:

You may remember that I did a similar post a few weeks ago, in which a driver blacked out for a moment due to low blood sugar. I thought that it was an injustice fining him Euro 1500. Nearly everyone disagreed with me. He was not Diabetic, but was on a high protein diet, being a Physical training Instructor.

I am mildly diabetic & know it. I check my sugar levels twice daily & they can fluctuate, up or down, for no reason & without my feeling any different.

A man has been jailed for 27 months for the manslaughter of a motorist after he "lost control" in a road rage incident.

Graham Cahill, 44, ************, Harrow, north London, confronted Toby Cooke, from Luton, after a minor collision on the M1 in May 2008.

The Old Bailey heard Cahill punched Mr Cooke once, causing him to fall.

The 25-year-old died from injuries caused by his head striking the ground. Cahill was jailed at Luton Crown Court after admitting manslaughter.

He was also disqualified from driving for 18 months.

The court heard Mr Cooke had previously been involved in a similar incident which had been reported to the police.(ok....)

Alright Fair enough he didnt mean to..BUT 2 years? His problably gona do half of that and let off...No anger Managemt classes?

So recap

he wont drive for 2 years (probably be rusty)

He wont get help with his anger problems (so uhmm hows anything gna change?)

so wen he comes out (probably still be an angry type of guy)

he'll be allowed to drive straight away?

Is this justice 27 months ?

Full story

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bu...rts/8001838.stm

Hi

Two years is a pittance compared to a life of heart ache & misery for the deceased's immediate family and friends, reading this post has evoked strong & terrible memories for me,

when i was 18 years of age my best freind who happened to be 16 years of age was knifed through the heart at a party we were at, he died almost immediately, the lad who killed my friend, if i can remember rightly, was only seventeen himself, he was remanded in custody untill the case went to court, he got only 2 years for manslaughter, but would serve only 18 months because of the time spent on remand, so in total 2 years, 2 poxy years for the life of a boy, a human being , my friend had his whole life infront of him and it was stolen away by a mindless thug, who no doubt is now swaning around with a family of his own.

Trust me, my friend and i, my parents and his were very close, i think about him all the time and what he might have achieved were he still alive, no one can understand the devestation when a life is cut short unless you have experienced a loss of someone close, from the harrowing court case to the eventuall funeral, nothing prepares you... Rest in peace Ian Huff, my friend.

I agree its not right but for the sake of any family feelings I think you should edit the address off your post. ;)

The justice system in this country makes me sick, the country has no backbone to treat crims how they should be treated, scared of people crying human rights.

I believe when you commit a crime all your human right should ba taken away from you.

justice will never be done in this country as no one as the b411s to do anything about it

The justice system in this country makes me sick, the country has no backbone to treat crims how they should be treated, scared of people crying human rights.

I believe when you commit a crime all your human right should ba taken away from you.

justice will never be done in this country as no one as the b411s to do anything about it

Same here :angry: The Drug gangs are fighting it out for supremacy in Dublin & a couple of other cities. Murders are the Headlines in the Evening paper nearly every night. Usually it is a drug dealer, but too often it is a case of mistaken identity, or an innocent in the wrong place at the wrong time. The Drug Barons can even run their empires from behind bars, using Mobiles :censor:

A thorough search was done of 1 jail & scores of mobiles, a plasma TV (I kid you not) a pair of Budgies & more were found & confiscated.

The answer is Internment, & in my opinion, people would applaud it. As with you , our Government lack the testicles to do it :angry:

Well it depends what you mean by justice

There is no doubt he was a thug and a yobbo who thought punching somebody was the right thing to do, BUT in the eyes of the law justice HAS been served up. He pleady guilty to manslaughter and I assume he got the correct tariff for pleading guilty to manslaughter. It happens on a daily basis, usually by people either in drink or drugs, I dont think personally that the sentance is good enough, but in the eyes of the law, Justice HAS been metered out, as bad as we think it is. The law allows for people to plead guilty early on so as not to go through a lengthy court appearance, and their sentance is reduced considerably on that basis, I'm not saying it's right, but it's the law!

Kingo :thumbsup:

Well it depends what you mean by justice

There is no doubt he was a thug and a yobbo who thought punching somebody was the right thing to do, BUT in the eyes of the law justice HAS been served up. He pleady guilty to manslaughter and I assume he got the correct tariff for pleading guilty to manslaughter. It happens on a daily basis, usually by people either in drink or drugs, I dont think personally that the sentance is good enough, but in the eyes of the law, Justice HAS been metered out, as bad as we think it is. The law allows for people to plead guilty early on so as not to go through a lengthy court appearance, and their sentance is reduced considerably on that basis, I'm not saying it's right, but it's the law!

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hi Kingo

whilst you are right, that in the eyes of the law justice has been served, and its not right, but its the law. I would like to add that there are many things that can influence a miscarriage of justice

In my friends case, its fare to say that the accused had a very good solicitor who did a very good job in discrediting me and another friend in the witness box.

Also 2 other witness's had been got at by the accused's friends and threatained, the council for the defence argued that their client had acted in self defence ( if taking a kitchen knife to someone, chasing them down a flight of stairs, then stabing them in the chest, after they have fallen over, is self defence, then obviously the law is an ***** ) the council for the defence also argued that my friend was the aggressor, and that he had started the fight, the defendants friends lied through their teeth, whilst the prosecution were hopeless in discrediting them.

It all resulted in a total miscarriage of justice, just 2 years for an inocent life. yep its the law, and the law is an *****

There is no deterant in this conutry against crimes, killing someone you get a couple of years, its nothing to a young person who will still have a long life ahead of them.

They need something that will make them think.

like life meaning life, you will never walk the streets again, the death penalty is need now more than ever, that would stop them, knowing if they were going to die if they are found guilty it would make people think twice wether its worth commiting the crime in the first place.

It would me

I fear we live in a world where life means very little, and judges are too quick at dishing out leniant sentances to those who take a life, be it in a fight or otherwise.

Life is a gift and no one has the right to take it from us, and those that do should in my mind be dealt with more severly "regardless" even doctors in the uk are denied to take a life from the terminal ill who beg to no longer suffer so why should any law abiding person be able to.

We did away with hanging, but we also went soft on other options and our judges are not living in the real world and still dish out silly sentances that outrage the majority of the public/families ect.

In general it seems that a tax evader would get a tougher sentence than someone committing physical harm or death to another. Which tells you something about who sets the rules.

This website has some of the current thinking on sentencing

http://www.sentencing-guidelines.gov.uk/

And the guidelines for knife crime

http://www.sentencing-guidelines.gov.uk/do...knife_crime.pdf

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links