Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Enough Is Enough Part 2

paul27

Hi all :D

I have just had a very interesting conversation on the phone with the sales manager,

to resolve this situation (in his eyes anyway).

He has just offered me as a straight swap their USED IQ demo which is (the car i've been using for the past month) white ( my car is black ) so its a colour i didn't even want in the first place, the car also has a lot more milage than mine, and its older. :ffs:

I feel like i'm a laughing stock :wacko: at the moment, he told me that if i persued this legally, i would loose, but at the end of the day i've been sold faulty good's, and under the, Sale of Goods Act 1979, Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982, Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994 and the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumer Regulations 2002

need i say anymore!!!

So i have now contacted Toyota GB over this and have been asigned a Case Manager to come up with a solution for this,

but as my topic title say's enough is enough, i just want rid of the IQ altogether & have no more hassle's.

So i'll let you know what happens :thumbsup:

Good luck with all this Paul

Have you read this article by chance.... it's very interesting and gives you some tips as to what you can do. Do you have the car on finance or did you buy it outright - this article suggests that if you bought it outright you can just hand the keys back and reject it....

It also mentions seeking advise from the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders and also Trading Standards, if you haven't already done so. :thumbsup:

I feel like I'm a laughing stock :wacko: at the moment, he told me that if I perused this legally, i would loose, but at the end of the day I've been sold faulty goods, and under the, Sale of Goods Act 1979, Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982, Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994 and the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumer Regulations 2002 need I say anymore!!!

Hi Paul

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with your iQ. :(

Have you thought about going 'public' with this one? What Car? magazine have a help desk you can email (wchelpdesk@haymarket.com) they are able to give legal advise too. In the current market the last thing Toyota want is bad publicity!

Best of luck, Bryan.

he told me that if i persued this legally, i would loose,

Which means you won’t…! Put everything they say and do down in writing so you have a log of events.

he told me that if i persued this legally, i would loose,

Which means you won’t…! Put everything they say and do down in writing so you have a log of events.

I'm way ahead of you on that one T V O R, but cheers anyway :thumbsup:

But i still cant belive they wanted me to accept the deal replacing my car with a Used IQ, its not even the same spec as mine

the damn cheek of it.

• 1 year later...

Hi Paul

What was the outcome with Inchcape?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links