Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Ecu Reset

SMiFFAD

Cant find how to do it..... can find lots on what it does etc but not the way to do it,

Someone care to enlighten me?

:help:

In the engine bay fuse box, pull the EFI fuses m8.

With em pulled out u mite wanna dab the breaks (to get rid of any remaining power).

Leave it for a few minutes, then when u pop em back in let ur car idle for a minute or so.

Then give her a nice run.

Sorted :)

-Z

It should be noted that the only thing resetting the ECU actually does is clear any error codes. It’s not some magical cure for running problems, and you don’t need to reset it every time you fill up with a different grade of fuel.

Timing and Fuelling are controlled dynamically when driving sensibly in what is called closed loop mode. This is where the ECU keeps advancing the timing to the point of knock the backs off and starts the process of advancing again, and the fuelling is kept at optimum thanks to the O2 sensor.

When you stick your foot down the ECU switches to open loop mode where it runs a preprogrammed fuel and timing map (based on throttle position and air flow / MAP reading), the O2 sensor is ignored and the knock sensor is only used to detect detonation. If any knocking is detected in this mode the ECU will first pull the boost, and then if that doesn’t stop it, it kills the ignition advance and reverts to limp home mode.

If at the moment you are experiencing inconsistent running, it will be because the external air temperature keeps dropping below 5 degrees C. When it’s this cold the ECU lowers the boost to 7psi because the air is denser and not so much boost is needed to make the same power. Also because there is more oxygen present in the air it can safe guard against running lean (not that it’s a concern on our cars).

If however you find that your car always runs inconsistently, 9 times out of 10 it’s because your base ignition timing has moved from the 10 degrees BTDC it should be. Some foolish garages are under the impression that 5 degrees base advance is required because of our lower octane fuel we have over here (and I’ve seen a number of MR2’s set like this). You need your 10 degrees base timing, it does not cause knocking.

In the engine bay fuse box, pull the EFI fuses m8.

With em pulled out u mite wanna dab the breaks (to get rid of any remaining power).

Leave it for a few minutes, then when u pop em back in let ur car idle for a minute or so.

Then give her a nice run.

Sorted

I think on my origional post I used the term "give it beans" .. :thumbsup:

I think on my origional post I used the term "give it beans" ..

That u did my friend :D

Then we had a few more humurous lines from various people, but 'm not one to steal other peoples lines ;)

Plus i'm crap at making stuff like that up so i thawt i'd use a normal line... haha

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links