Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cabin Ventilation

Phil_M

Hi,

The airflow in to the cabin on my 54 plate t3x is very poor. The fan speed increases as it should do and the airflow increases correspondingly but remains at a poor level. The service manager at Mr T confirms that it should be stronger but short of stripping the dash out at £70 per hour he can't help. Was hoping that someone could point me towards any easy accessible places to check for split/blocked pipes that may be contributing to this

Yours burning up in the sun

Phil

Hi,

The airflow in to the cabin on my 54 plate t3x is very poor. The fan speed increases as it should do and the airflow increases correspondingly but remains at a poor level. The service manager at Mr T confirms that it should be stronger but short of stripping the dash out at £70 per hour he can't help. Was hoping that someone could point me towards any easy accessible places to check for split/blocked pipes that may be contributing to this

Phil

hello

in case the fan criiates normal revolutions as per indication on the screen then your problem is connected with dirty cabin filter. Otherwise the fan control system is faulty.

Cheers/Igor

Hi,

Phil

hello

in case the fan criiates normal revolutions as per indication on the screen then your problem is connected with dirty cabin filter. Otherwise the fan control system is faulty.

Cheers/Igor

Thanks, cant find pollen filter in manual, I have checked air conditioning filter behind the glove box (if this is the same) cleaned it and replaced with no effect, next suggestion please.......?

Hi,

Phil

hello

Cheers/Igor

Thanks, cant find pollen filter in manual, I have checked air conditioning filter behind the glove box (if this is the same) cleaned it and replaced with no effect, next suggestion please.......?

yes the same filter has been found by YOU behind the glove compartment.

all we know the guard strainers are located under the windshield -- and big parts can not penetrate into an air inlet.

now i can see two problems: 1) el control ; 2) air choke drive (faulty ????)

wait for another posts -- may be guys are more experienced with this issue.

Cheers/Igor

Hi,

Phil

hello

Cheers/Igor

all we know the guard strainers are located under the windshield -- and big parts can not penetrate into an air inlet.

Cheers/Igor

Thanks Igor, do you think there may be a chance of a split pipe somewhere in the system?

Hi,

Phil

hello

Cheers/Igor

Cheers/Igor

Thanks Igor, do you think there may be a chance of a split pipe somewhere in the system?

i have never faced to this issue during six years of ownership. and your case looks strange.

may be this version is stupid - but thereis a cabin tem sensor located from wheel left side - may be this guard strainer (plastic made) is clogged (???) resulting sendor gives a wrong command to thhe fan velosity (?) as to split pipe - i do not believe it -- i can deem that something (insulation part) could fall and partly block an air passage, but it is understood all the kinematic is located inside and can not be inspected easily.

cheers/Igor

Hi,

Phil

hello

Cheers/Igor

Cheers/Igor

i have never faced to this issue during six years of ownership. and your case looks strange.

may be this version is stupid - but thereis a cabin tem sensor located from wheel left side - may be this guard strainer (plastic made) is clogged (???) resulting sendor gives a wrong command to thhe fan velosity (?) as to split pipe - i do not believe it -- i can deem that something (insulation part) could fall and partly block an air passage, but it is understood all the kinematic is located inside and can not be inspected easily.

cheers/Igor

Thanks for the suggestions guys, have removed the filter and it blows like a hurricane. guess the filter is done for

:thumbsup:

Hi,

Phil

hello

Cheers/Igor

Cheers/Igor

cheers/Igor

Thanks for the suggestions guys, have removed the filter and it blows like a hurricane. guess the filter is done for

:thumbsup:

Hi,

Phil

That's unbelievable from someone who calls himself a service manager at a Toyota dealership. The first place to go is the pollen filter as cmia and Igor suggested, any mechanic would go there first. Stripping out the dash and heater box is the last port of call, to suggest this as the first is ludicrous.

Glad to hear you got it sorted though.

Hi,

Phil

That's unbelievable from someone who calls himself a service manager at a Toyota dealership. The first place to go is the pollen filter as cmia and Igor suggested, any mechanic would go there first. Stripping out the dash and heater box is the last port of call, to suggest this as the first is ludicrous.

The dash and the heater box / system will only need to be removed and tested

if

the fan does not work

the fan spins but slowly selecting diffrent speeds done matter.

the fan engages in highspeed but does not blow (pollen filter replaced)

sensor on driver side dash, if blocked or pipe = split.

some vents work, and others dont.

remmber, its and cheaper to replace the most ovbious parts, then going for an expensive fix.

Do not take Mr T's advice 100%,

Hi,

Phil

The dash and the heater box / system will only need to be removed and tested

if

the fan does not work

the fan spins but slowly selecting diffrent speeds done matter.

the fan engages in highspeed but does not blow (pollen filter replaced)

sensor on driver side dash, if blocked or pipe = split.

some vents work, and others dont.

remmber, its and cheaper to replace the most ovbious parts, then going for an expensive fix.

Do not take Mr T's advice 100%,

Hi everybody,

I bought my 2001 Corolla second hand... Replaced the cabin filter immediately 2 years ago but 'Mr. T.' would not let me watch...

My car was assembled in Turkey and it seems this makes a difference... I removed the gloves compartment, looked very carefully around, disassembled several other parts and... did not find that filter!

For some reason now the air flow is a bit stronger, but still not good...

The pictures in my manual do not correspond to what I see there...

Could anyone post some photos about how and where to find that filter?

The car is 2001 Toyota Corolla 1,4 VVTi NMT53ZEB10R004511.

Thanks.