Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Neighbours From Hell

balli hi

A couple of years ago i was in a neighbours from hell scenario with my neighbour opposite.

I was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced unsavoury neighbours, what caused the rift , and what the outcome was, is it still going on, were you forced to move ect.

Or is someone you know suffering neighbours from hell..... There's an excellent saying which reads : You can choose where you live, but you can't choose your neighbours :yes:

As briefly as i can i will try and explain what happened to me.

In march 2000 my family and i moved into our newly built home, in a cul de sac containing 5 dwellings, for the first 5 years it was a really pleasant place to live, all five family's got on really well.

Everything changed when my neighbour opposite moved and a new family moved in, right from the off they had a habit of leaving both their cars in front of my drive, making it very awkward to get in or out, so i approached both of them one day, and in a pleasant manner explained that parking their cars in front of my drive was making life very difficult for my wife and i, and if possible could they refrain from doing it, they appologised, and said " no problem ", however things got steadilly worse, and at any given time we had upto 6 cars iether blocking us in, or if we were out we could'nt get in, they had people visiting every day .

Both my wife and i had words with them on many occasions but nothing ever changed, and on one occasion we had a ford cosworth parked outside our drive for six months with a for sale sign in the window, we put up with this nonsense for 2 years.

one morning my wife and i came out the house with the children to take them to school, and found that we were blocked in, my wife went over and asked if they could move their car up and let us out, my neighbour accused my wife of not being able to drive and stated that there was plenty of room to get out, when she said dont be ridiculous, he angrily pushed her aside and came across to move his car, naturally i was none too pleased that he had laid hands on my wife, i said i have had about enough of you as i can take, at which point he stormed over and said do something about it then, both my children went running back into the house, and my wife went in and phoned the police.

The upshot was that we produced our title deeds which showed where our boundary lines were, i should explain that the road in the cul de sac is privately owned with each of us owning a section, my title deeds proved that he was parking within my boundry even when parked outside his own house, there was also a covenant in place regarding the road, under " shared vehicular access ,to be kept clear at all times " Which read " no vehicle shall be left in an hard standing area other than provided for, I,E Driveways " only then did they agree that from then on , they would park their cars on their driveway, which i may add could accommodate 2 cars comfortably, not to mention another in their garage, they explained that the previous owners had told them before they purchased the house that they owned half the road , and therefor had plenty of additional parking places ( yeh right )

So that was that or so we thought, they played ball for all of 2 :censor: days.... the situation did eventually improve and we now get on quite well, i will let you know what eventually brought peace and tranquility to the Cul De Sac in part 2 Tomorrow :lol:

yeh, but in the meantime feel free to share your own experiences :lol: come along now don't be shy

We have a similar driveway issue. People used to block the drive all the time including neighbour with their own drive and only one car. So as we have a dropped curb we asked the council to paint a white |-----------| to make it even more obvious. The white line if anything acts like a magnet to anyone parking in the street. The whole street can be empty and I can guarantee that someone will park on the white line.

We get the same abuse from people who block our drive .."If you can't get in there, you shouldn't be driving" etc etc. They do not consider that them not being able to see a white line let alone know it's reason for being there puts them at fault.

A couple of months ago we had to call out the police to get someone to move. After a ten minute conversation with an officer the driver of the police transit comes over and says... "Did you know you could get a white line painted?" We pointed out to him that if he cared to look he would see that he had parked on our the white line.

In a separate incident we had some children playing in next doors driveway and one of them smashed a couple of plant pots and started throwing the pieces. Our cars were in our driveway and in close proximity to flying bits of pottery. When we spoke to the parents of a couple of the children involved they said, "If you had paid to get the garden fence run all the way down your drive you wouldn't have a problem" So we can stop their kids throwing pottery about by having a longer fence, yeah right.

Not a major problem but...

I moved into my house in May 08... I have two wonderful neighbours to the left and right, we get on very well and are often found nattering over the fence etc...

However the older guy (80-something) who lives over the road is a slightly different matter.

He seemed really friendly at first, got me a hanging basket as a moving in present (he is an AVID gardener). He started then making suggestions about my garden, and then telling my Mum (who knows her stuff when it comes to gardening) who had come up to help, what she should be doing... He also suggested coming around into the back garden to sort out the water butt for me.

But the cherry on the top had to be when he said he had a conifer that he had been given (by one of my other neighbours) and that it would look nice in my front garden. I said I would think about it, but thank you (well I was new to the close, wanted to seem friendly).

After I had unpacked a few more things upstairs I walked downstairs to find this guy finishing up planting the conifer in the MIDDLE of my lawn!!! He had removed the grass that Mum and I had put there purposefully and stuck this small tree into the hole.

I was shocked... I didnt know what to do... he just said he had watered it and smiled and walked off...

I must have looked a bit like a fish out of water... mouth opening and closing.

Anyway... later that night (under cover of darkness) I was given some turf from a friend and I took out that conifer and patched it up.

Didnt see the guy for a couple of days, but when I did I just said I wanted it as grass cause it was easier... he had thought someone had stolen it... and I later found out he had confronted my neighbours about it thinking they had taken the conifer back!! OMG :P lol

Needless to say we dont talk to him much now... and since we started ripping up the back garden to do our own thing, we speak even less lol :P

We have such annoying neighbours!

Most people wont think that my neighbours are hellish but i do! and its that bad that i want to move as soon as possible :(

We share a driveway with a rented house - and the landlord is a ***** who doesnt care what the house looks like or what his tenants do. This means that our house looks scruffy by association with theirs which annoys the cr*p out of me!

Also they have four kids, who regularly swear at their parents, skip school and smoke, all of them are under 16.

The youngest kids, play football in between our houses everyday that probably doesnt sound like a big deal, but when you hate kids and all you can hear is bang bang bang on the wall of the house - it drives you insane!

I have to tell them nearly everyday not to kick it against the house and they listen for about 5 minutes and then do it again grrr

And on the other side my neighbours have one of those nasty annoying little scotty dogs, which barks for no reason and has the most annoying growl ever and is generally a nasty little piece of work.

I think for me personally these are two of the worst neighbours i could ever have as i hate kids and hate dogs!

Currently i live with my parents, so im glad that im moving out soon but i feel sorry for them that they have to live with it after ive gone.

T x

Wasn't exactly a neighbour from Hell, but turned out nasty in the end, for us.

We were looking for our 1st house & found a quite nice Bungalow on 3/4 acre of Orchard @ a reasonable price. Our next door neighbour , to be, had owned the land & given it to his son to build on. Son's marriage broke up & so it was on the market. While chatting to the son, while looking at it , he told me that the row of Apple trees beside the driveway in, marked the boundary & were ours.

Time passed & I got my finances together, put down a Lawn in front & erected a fence along the side of our property. Within a week we got a Solicitor's letter , telling us that the fence was on the Father's property, & we were to remove it asap, or else.

We got Surveyors, etc & discovered that we didn't even own part of our driveway in. We ended up having to buy our drive & lost the row of Apple trees.

He was legally within his rights, but still think that out of honour he could have stood by the deal his son made.

In due course, I put up a fence along the front & planted a row of fast growing trees. The road at that time was the main Dublin- Belfast & the noise was bad, day & night, hence the trees. We were on a shared well with our neighbour & no problems at 1st. It turned out to be a long dry Summer & I didn't want my newly planted Trees dying from drought. Recognising the fact that we were on a shared well, I brought several drums of water home from work to water them. Grand, BUT I was seen doing the watering & next thing our water supply was cut off. Luckily, the local water scheme was done a couple of weeks later, & we survived.

We moved into the town later, & while I have had a few changes of neighbours on either side, they have all been very pleasant & we have gotten along very well.

We get on very well with both of our neighbours. Only prob is one of them has 2 chickens in a run at the bottom of the garden next to ours.....they bl00dy cluck all day long!!!!!!!!!!!!! sighs..............anyone want roast chicken for dinner???????????????? :unsure:

well......i have two stories

The house that is joined onto mine (i live in a semi) used to have a old polish man living in it, he was blind in one eye and deaf in one ear! his daughter used to live with him and ever thing was fine. as he got older he got worse for wear and was almost completely blind, the daughter moved in with the her fella, she would go out all day and leave him locked in his bedroom, with a tin of soup and a can opener. but nothing to cook the soup with or eat it out of.

It got to the point where the old man was hanging out of the window shouting and screaming (some of it polish) trying to escape, numerous occasions dad had to go up a ladder and get him back inside only to find that he was naked and there was human excriment (SP) everywhere!!!

Dad used to take him sandwhichs up a ladder. in the end mum called the social services, not actually sure what happened with it thou i as only about 10 wehn it used to happedn! i know he died not long after. it now has ramdom polish fmailies living in it some times 8 of them in a 3 bedroomed house! (am sure some are sleeping in the garage)!! they are all very pleasent but like to play their music loud!!!

AND........

the old couple across the road from me (not directly opposite the house next to it) if anyone visits their house they always park over the end of our drive which meant that i wasnt able to park my car outside my own house!!! but if you parked infront of there house (on opposide of road) they would leave you a nasty note. this has been going on for ages, but since i have been driving its rerally got on my nerves!! so a couple of months ago i reversed into their mini that was parked over the end of my drive! in all honesty i didnt do it on purpose and i did ask my brother to watch me and make sure i wasnt going to hit it. i i didnt!! i only scraped thier bumper, and got some of thier bhumper paint on my car. but on the plus side! they havnt parked there since :D

A couple of years ago i was in a neighbours from hell scenario with my neighbour opposite.

I was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced unsavoury neighbours, what caused the rift , and what the outcome was, is it still going on, were you forced to move ect.

Or is someone you know suffering neighbours from hell..... There's an excellent saying which reads : You can choose where you live, but you can't choose your neighbours :yes:

In march 2000 my family and i moved into our newly built home, in a cul de sac containing 5 dwellings, for the first 5 years it was a really pleasant place to live, all five family's got on really well.

Everything changed when my neighbour opposite moved and a new family moved in, right from the off they had a habbit of leaving both their cars in front of my drive, making it very awkward to get in or out, so i approached both of them one day, and in a pleasant manner explained that parking their cars in front of my drive was making life very difficult for my wife and i, and if possible could they refrain from doing it, they appologised, and said " no problem ", however things got steadilly worse, and at any given time we had upto 6 cars iether blocking us in, or if we were out we could'nt get in, they had people visiting every day .

Both my wife and i had words with them on many occasions but nothing ever changed, and on one occasion we had a ford cosworth parked outside our drive for six months with a for sale sign in the window, we put up with this nonsense for 2 years.

one morning my wife and i came out the house with the children to take them to school, and found that we were blocked in, my wife went over and asked if they could move their car up and let us out, my neighbour accused my wife of not being able to drive and stated that there was plenty of room to get out, when she said dont be ridiculous, he angryly pushed her asside and came accross to move his car, naturally i was none too pleased that he had laid hands on my wife, i said i have had about enough of you as i can take, at which point he stormed over and said do something about it then, both my children went running back into the house, and my wife went in and phoned the police.

The upshot was that we produced our title deeds which showed where our boundry lines were, i should explain that the road in the cul de sac is privately owned with each of us owning a section, my title deeds proved that he was parking within my boundry even when parked outside his own house, there was also a covenant in place regarding the road, under " shared vehicular access ,to be kept clear at all times " Which read " no vehicle shall be left in an hard standing area other than provided for, I,E Driveways " only then did they agree from then on that they would park their cars on their driveway, which i may add could accomodate 2 cars comfortably, not to mention another in their garage, they explained that the previous owners had told them before they purchased the house that they owned half the road , and therefor had plenty of additional parking places ( yeh right )

So that was that or so we thought, they played ball for all of 2 :censor: days.... the situation did eventuallyl improve and we now get on quite well, i will let you know what eventually brought peace and tranquility to the Cul De Sac in part 2 Tomorrow :lol:

Ok, sorry about that, but i had to collect the little man from school :lol:

Reading from other TOC members stories, it would seem that most people suffered nuisance neighbours with no serious violence or criminal damage, THANK GOD . I think JustJJ potentially had a real neighbour from hell in the making, and he did the best thing by distancing himself.

Right where were we :rolleyes:

We again had to approach them, or should i say her, we thought that by approaching the neighbours wife we might be able to get through to them better, as she always seemed polite and chatty, she explained that her husband was feeling unwell and that he was'nt thinking straight, old habits die hard ect, but reassured us that she would have a word.. whatever she said to him, it did'nt work .

One afternoon i was out the front mowing the lawn, when captain brainstorm pulled up in his car and parked right in front of my drive, i stood there looking at him with hands on hips as he got out and went to go into his house, i said i hope you are not going to leave that there, and he sneered " why don't you stop moaning " Its fair to say that we came to blows :boxing::boxed: and again the police were called .

I must say that the police were brilliant in the manner in which they handled everything, we were both left with the understanding that should there be any further altercations, that we would both be arrested and charged , the police mediated an agreement whereby he would remove his Cosworth from the right side of my drive ( the one he was selling ) and place it on his own drive, this meant that he would have to park his current car outside the cul de sac, as his wifes car took up the other space, and his garage was full of junk.

About a week went past and all was well, then one morning i noticed that one of the tyres on our car was flat, a quick investigation revealed a screw in the tread of the tyre, the trouble was the screw looked brand new and unused, it was the shiny black type, which is used to fix plasterboard to partitioning..... we had the puncture repaired, then the following week , another puncture, this time at the rear of the car, and the puncture was again caused by exactly the same type of screw, only this time it had been inserted into the tyre wall, resulting in me having to buy a new tyre, as it could not be repaired,.. naturally i suspected the bonehead across the road but had no proof.

The following week , yet another puncture, this time on my Taxi , and yet again the same type of screw inserted into the tyre wall, now Taxi tyres are not cheap and by now i was furious, i had to buy a new taxi tyre in order to go to work. The following week , i had three punctures at once on my Taxi , all were caused by the same method , with plasterboard screws again placed into the tyre wall , i now had to get my cab placed onto a pick up truck and taken to a garage, its obvious that this was the work of him over the road, but again i had no proof... The following week another puncture on the cab, now i had had enougth , i rsearched the internet for CCTV equipment, the plug and play type that can be installed quickly and fairly cheaply, however the equipment ended up costing me £600 because i ended up choosing good quality camera's with a quality 4 camera DVR with built in hard drive, the Equipment was delivered next day and by the afternoon every thing was installed, whilst i was installing the camera's to the front of the house, the neighbours wife came home in her car and could see what i was installing, However had she not seen, it would have been very difficult to Know that camera's were there, as i did a very good job of installing the bullet camera's so that the lense was just peeking below the roof facia board of the eves.

So surprise surprise, guess what , no more punctures, funny that huh, the downside was that i could not gain the evidence to have him arrested, as even he was not so stupid as to further damage our cars without being caught on camera.

I think i'll stop there for now, as this is turning into an Auto- Biography :lol: so much for keeping things breif :rolleyes: and i'm gasping for a cuppa, I'll hopefully conclude tomorrow :yes: i bet you all can't wait for part 3 :lol::blushing:

Can't wait for tomorrow's episode :yes: This is better than a "Soap" :lol:

But quite seriously, You seem to have a proper Headcase there. He is dangerous :angry:

I'm so glad we don't have any nearby neighbours!

I'm so glad we don't have any nearby neighbours!

They can be bad & , Thank God, they can be good.

My wife was in Hospital, years ago, & one of my neighbours cooked me a meal & brought it in to me :thumbsup:

Both sets of neighbours are aware that I'm well, but have various things wrong, though under control. They both keep an eye out for me & one house has spare keys to let themselves in, if they suspect I'm in a heap on the floor as I live alone now, since my Wife passed on.

i rsearched the internet for CCTV equipment, the plug and play type that can be installed quickly and fairly cheaply, however the equipment ended up costing me £600 because i ended up choosing good quality camera's with a quality 4 camera DVR with built in hard drive,

Same solution CCTV, used a Linksys WCV200 wireless webcam. Cost £85 (Amazon refurb) now I can pan, zoom, view and record (motion detection) any images from our driveway from any web browser in the World. Used it just the other week there to prove which child had been smashing and throwing plant pots. Should have seen the kids face when the other half told him he was on CCTV and we would show the footage to the police.

We have a camera linked into our TV antenna, so you can tune in on any TV in the house... I was going to link it into an ANPR system (As my old company sold the software, and a PCi card to handle it) so I could log any numberplates that came to my gate with a time and a photo as a cool little gadget/security feature but I never got around to it and missed my chance! :(

I have a neighbour that tried to be difficult :rolleyes:

He replaced, without first asking, a length of my rear garden fence when I was on holiday and then presented me with the bill. The cheek was it was not even a style and construction that I would have chosen :blink:

The upshot was with this is that I told him to shove his bill and some 8 years later I decided to pay him 50% of the cost and told him the fence is now his and requested that he repair it.... he did it too :yes:

We have had different altercations as he tries so hard to be difficult. I have informed him that whatever he tries to do to me I will then do to him.... he seemed to learn as my daughter said she saw him crying after our last heated chat :huh: Good job he walked away as I was at that time choosing where I would hit him :boxing:

Since all this I have met someone who used to work with him and it seems he has tried it on before with other people and been put down on his ar*e :D What a silly man he is :lol:

Now we seem to get on and he is always polite to me but should he push his luck again I don't know how long I could hold back before decking him :(

In general this is far from being an isolated case, as I work for my local council I frequently get phone calls asking me to deal with the neighbours of the person calling. We all live too close to each other and if given the chance I would live at least a quarter of a mile from my nearest neighbour ^_^ Balli Hi's case is all too common and, who knows, his neighbour may have been the subject of a phone call to my department in Romford :unsure:

Everything changed when my neighbour opposite moved and a new family moved in, right from the off they had a habbit of leaving both their cars in front of my drive, making it very awkward to get in or out, so i approached both of them one day, and in a pleasant manner explained that parking their cars in front of my drive was making life very difficult for my wife and i, and if possible could they refrain from doing it, they appologised, and said " no problem ", however things got steadilly worse, and at any given time we had upto 6 cars iether blocking us in, or if we were out we could'nt get in, they had people visiting every day .

one morning my wife and i came out the house with the children to take them to school, and found that we were blocked in, my wife went over and asked if they could move their car up and let us out, my neighbour accused my wife of not being able to drive and stated that there was plenty of room to get out, when she said dont be ridiculous, he angryly pushed her asside and came accross to move his car, naturally i was none too pleased that he had laid hands on my wife, i said i have had about enough of you as i can take, at which point he stormed over and said do something about it then, both my children went running back into the house, and my wife went in and phoned the police.

The upshot was that we produced our title deeds which showed where our boundry lines were, i should explain that the road in the cul de sac is privately owned with each of us owning a section, my title deeds proved that he was parking within my boundry even when parked outside his own house, there was also a covenant in place regarding the road, under " shared vehicular access ,to be kept clear at all times " Which read " no vehicle shall be left in an hard standing area other than provided for, I,E Driveways " only then did they agree from then on that they would park their cars on their driveway, which i may add could accomodate 2 cars comfortably, not to mention another in their garage, they explained that the previous owners had told them before they purchased the house that they owned half the road , and therefor had plenty of additional parking places ( yeh right )

So that was that or so we thought, they played ball for all of 2 :censor: days.... the situation did eventuallyl improve and we now get on quite well, i will let you know what eventually brought peace and tranquility to the Cul De Sac in part 2 Tomorrow :lol:

Ok, sorry about that, but i had to collect the little man from school :lol:

Reading from other TOC members stories, it would seem that most people suffered nuisance neighbours with no serious violence or criminal damage, THANK GOD . I think JustJJ potentially had a real neighbour from hell in the making, and he did the best thing by distancing himself.

Right where were we :rolleyes:

We again had to approach them, or should i say her, we thought that by approaching the neighbours wife we might be able to get through to them better, as she always seemed polite and chatty, she explained that her husband was feeling unwell and that he was'nt thinking straight, old habits die hard ect, but reassured us that she would have a word.. whatever she said to him, it did'nt work .

One afternoon i was out the front mowing the lawn, when captain brainstorm pulled up in his car and parked right in front of my drive, i stood there looking at him with hands on hips as he got out and went to go into his house, i said i hope you are not going to leave that there, and he sneered " why don't you stop moaning " Its fair to say that we came to blows :boxing::boxed: and again the police were called .

I must say that the police were brilliant in the manner in which they handled everything, we were both left with the understanding that should there be any further altercations, that we would both be arrested and charged , the police mediated an agreement whereby he would remove his Cosworth from the right side of my drive ( the one he was selling ) and place it on his own drive, this meant that he would have to park his current car outside the cul de sac, as his wifes car took up the other space, and his garage was full of junk.

About a week went past and all was well, then one morning i noticed that one of the tyres on our car was flat, a quick investigation revealed a screw in the tread of the tyre, the trouble was the screw looked brand new and unused, it was the shiny black type, which is used to fix plasterboard to partitioning..... we had the puncture repaired, then the following week , another puncture, this time at the rear of the car, and the puncture was again caused by exactly the same type of screw, only this time it had been inserted into the tyre wall, resulting in me having to buy a new tyre, as it could not be repaired,.. naturally i suspected the bonehead across the road but had no proof.

The following week , yet another puncture, this time on my Taxi , and yet again the same type of screw inserted into the tyre wall, now Taxi tyres are not cheap and by now i was furious, i had to buy a new taxi tyre in order to go to work. The following week , i had three punctures at once on my Taxi , all were caused by the same method , with plasterboard screws again placed into the tyre wall , i now had to get my cab placed onto a pick up truck and taken to a garage, its obvious that this was the work of him over the road, but again i had no proof... The following week another puncture on the cab, now i had had enougth , i rsearched the internet for CCTV equipment, the plug and play type that can be installed quickly and fairly cheaply, however the equipment ended up costing me £600 because i ended up choosing good quality camera's with a quality 4 camera DVR with built in hard drive, the Equipment was delivered next day and by the afternoon every thing was installed, whilst i was installing the camera's to the front of the house, the neighbours wife came home in her car and could see what i was installing, However had she not seen, it would have been very difficult to Know that camera's were there, as i did a very good job of installing the bullet camera's so that the lense was just peeking below the roof facia board of the eves.

So surprise surprise, guess what , no more punctures, funny that huh, the downside was that i could not gain the evidence to have him arrested, as even he was not so stupid as to further damage our cars without being caught on camera.

I think i'll stop there for now, as this is turning into an Auto- Biography :lol: so much for keeping things breif :rolleyes: and i'm gasping for a cuppa, I'll hopefully conclude tomorrow :yes: i bet you all can't wait for part 3 :lol::blushing:

OK Part 3

So, a few months went by, and in the main our driveway was kept clear, during these months my wife and i had been speaking to his wife more regularly, and its fair to say that we found her to be quite a level headed type of person, as well as pleasant, and what i hav'nt mentioned yet, is that despite all our problems with her husband, our children and theirs had remained good friends throughout, at the time their son was 11 and their daughter 5, naturally my wife and i, and my neighbours wife kept the children out of the conflict as this was not about them and we saw no reason why they should be dragged into the argument , at the end of the day we just wanted to get on as good neibours should.

In the meantime though me and ( him ) never spoke, and only ever exchanged glances ( If looks could kill :lol: ) Anyway, one afternoon i was in the back garden pottering about, it was a baking hot day and i was suitably dressed in nothing but a pair of shorts and trainers, when my wife came nervously to the back door and was looking troubled, after a few moments she said that she had seen a couple of blokes enter our neighbours front garden, then step up onto the pile of decking squares that were conveniently stacked up against the back fence and disappear into the garden, my wife explained that the men first came along the footpath and were taking an interest in my neighbours front room as they stopped to peer through the window, they then went down the side to the back gate and pulled themselves up having a good look around, then came back round the front and climed over the fence.. i asked why she had'nt told me straight away, and she said " because i know what you would do "... too right, i dropped what i was doing and ran over as fast as i could, i pulled myself up on the back gate and could see two men, one was stood by the conservatory doors whlie the other was halfway through the fanlight window that had been conveniently left open for any would be burglars, my neighbour had a habit of leaving all the upstairs fanlights open during the summer when they went out. I shouted at them to get out, the one by the conservatory doors climed up the fence to the side of the house and disappeared into the woodland on the other side, the other one had climed down and ran round to where he had climed over, so i ran round to head him off, he came over the fence and i had him trapped, or so i thought, he ran to the railings, placed his hands on the top and vaulted them in one swift movement, i did'nt give chase cos basically my job was done, in the meantime my wife had phoned the police, and to our surprise they turned up within 5 minutes, the police explained that there had been a spate of burglaries recently and they were actively patrolling the area, so when the call came in they were already closeby.

So in order to bring a very, very long story to a close :blush: the upshot is that when my neighbours came home and everything was explained to them, plus i gave them a copy of the footage from my cctv, my neighbours husband was speechless at first, he could'nt get his head round the fact that i had risked my own neck in order to protect his property, bearing in mind what had gone on between us, i let him no straight that i did'nt do it for him, but that i did it for the sake of his children, when your home is burgled, it can leave a damaging effect mentally, because burglars tend to smash the place up in search of your valuables, and i'm sure this could have affected the children in a bad way.

So, something must have clicked in my neighbours head, at first he showered me with gifts of expensive wine, then he threw a barbeque, with me as guest of honour ( and not the main course :lol: ) and from then on he has always treated us with the greatest respect,and to this day we get on very well.... theres nothing like a happy ending :lol::lol: THE END :lol2:

Well Balli.... you did the guy a good turn and I hope he has a very long memory.... good on you for tackling the scrotes that tried to break into his home :thumbsup:

Which shows that you are a good person & an excellent neighbour & now he knows it :thumbsup:

Which shows that you are a good person & an excellent neighbour & now he knows it :thumbsup:

More Creeping, I won't tell you about it again :shutit:

More Creeping, I won't tell you about it again :shutit:

Sorry :crybaby::blushing: NOT :lol2:

Well Balli.... you did the guy a good turn and I hope he has a very long memory.... good on you for tackling the scrotes that tried to break into his home :thumbsup:

Nice one Steve :thumbsup:

I think a lot of people will find it strange that after all the criminal damage to my cars and the punchups, not to mention 2 years of inconvenience & blatant disrespect, why i did'nt just turn a blind eye, ?..... I'm simply not that sort of person, and i like to think that i did what any self respecting person would do, and as said they have 2 young children.

I won't say it was easy for me to accept his gratitude in the form of gifts, but i decided it better to accept than to reject, in order that we move on and form some sort of positive dialogue , I knew from when they first moved in that they owned a restaurant & nightclub, it turns out that this was the main cause of my neighbours sh-ty attitude, his business was in trouble and he was desperately trying to find a buyer, ( although its no excuse to take ones problems out on the rest of the world ) in the forthcoming weeks, after i foyled the would -be burglary, i slowly got to know him, as he would often pop over with a bottle of wine ( expensive stuff from the restaurant ) most of everything he spoke about revolved around money, money money money, but whilst the wine flowed he had my undivided attention :lol2: ( he had found my weak spot ) i think all the financial problems had left him with a could'nt care less attitude as regards anyone else. When you are in business life can be tuff, and he had been fu-ked over a few times.

About a year ago he finally sold his loss making business, and i must say the transformation in him was unreal, he changed from a man with the weight of the world on his shoulders to a happy go lucky, joky, nice person :yes: The downside is that he no longer comes over with my favourite tipple ( any donations will be gratefully recieved... please send to BALLI HI c / o TOC :lol2: )

PS.. On one occasion i was stood talking to him and i noticed that his car had been keyed all down one side, I asked " what happened there " and he said that some bar-stuard had done it when he used to park his car outside the cul de sac. This might explain all the punctures to my cars, as he probably put 2 & 2 together and came up with 5... I can honestly say that i, as a person, would not, did not, and could not stoop so low, if you have a problem with someone, then you sort it face to face, in a civil manner, naturally ! :blushing::blushing::thumbsup:

I have enjoyed reading this, i bet most people have had similar experiences of making assumptions based on the available facts, including me :thumbsup: