Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Verso T3

stretcher

Hi,

I have a 07 verso T3, coming up to its 20,000 mile service and when i move of and turn the wheel from a parked position, i straighten up and after a few yards i get a single clunk noise from the front wheels (nearside i think) can anybody help please.

stretcher

> after a few yards i get a single clunk noise from the front wheels (nearside i think) can anybody help please.

I get this on my Verso, I think that it standard and is a self test (I think it was Braking system ABS?)

So nothing to worry about, I gotta admit, that used to bug me when I first started, now I think of it as 'reassuring'

May also indicate that your Stereo is not turned up high enough :)

Dave

Dave,

Many thanks that has put my mind to rest,

on the second point my wife also drives the car, unfortunatly she has a cd of James Blunt constantly playing when she drives,

so i think i would have to put up with the terrible noise ( James Blunt not the clunking ).

Stretcher :thumbsup:

I think that it standard and is a self test (I think it was Braking system ABS?)

Hi

Why would a car maker make the car make noises!!?? Mine doesn't make any noise and neither do the other two Versos that I know of, where did you get this information?

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

It's true, they are meant to do it.

It's a self-diagnosis test for the traction control I believe.

(Bagubik @ Sep 6 2004, 02:42 PM)

A couple of points to mention: I too get steering wheel wobble at 70mph - the garage have offered to check this out for me. I have also noticed a 'cloncking' noise when I drive off. The garage say it is the traction control system engaging. Is this true?

The wheel wobble could be a simple matter of wheel rebalancing. The 'clonk' sound you hear is indeed the traction control system engaging. I was concerned about this too until a Toyota mechanic clarified the matter.

Apparently the engine management system monitors the brake callipers to ensure they are fully disengaged. When it's happy, it switches the TRC on, that's when you'll hear the 'clonk' (which is Japanese for 'on' tongue.gif). Try moving off gently with the handbrake still engaged and you'll notice a definite 'locking down' the whole car stops dead.

• 5 months later...
Hi,

I have a 07 verso T3, coming up to its 20,000 mile service and when i move of and turn the wheel from a parked position, i straighten up and after a few yards i get a single clunk noise from the front wheels (nearside i think) can anybody help please.

stretcher

I have the same problem with my 2007 verso T2. It started a few months ago. First I used to hear the clunks on first start and moving off in 1st gear (within first 10 meters)and then it started on every start and now its happening when I slow down at roundabouts or speed breakers. I have taken it to the local dealer several times (its a lease car so i don't have to worry about payments) and so far have had the breakpads and clutches replaced and that hasn't solved the problem. Finally the workshop controller has put it down to the ABS kicking in at 8miles per hr (apparently). But my worry is why now? and why so loud and annoying. They have run the car through several tests (so they claim) and can't fault the vehicle. (so why did they replace the clutch, one may wonder?) Its so annoying and a worry and it definitely is turning heads as it is really loud now.

I put it on this site earlier and had someone advise me that it was to do with the drive shaft and some fluid not filling in quickly - which I pointed out to the mechanic, but he says the verso has no such thing.

Any advise would be helpful as I was thinking of buying this car when the lease runs out next year.

Hi,

stretcher

I have the same problem with my 2007 verso T2. It started a few months ago. First I used to hear the clunks on first start and moving off in 1st gear (within first 10 meters)and then it started on every start and now its happening when I slow down at roundabouts or speed breakers. I have taken it to the local dealer several times (its a lease car so i don't have to worry about payments) and so far have had the breakpads and clutches replaced and that hasn't solved the problem. Finally the workshop controller has put it down to the ABS kicking in at 8miles per hr (apparently). But my worry is why now? and why so loud and annoying. They have run the car through several tests (so they claim) and can't fault the vehicle. (so why did they replace the clutch, one may wonder?) Its so annoying and a worry and it definitely is turning heads as it is really loud now.

I put it on this site earlier and had someone advise me that it was to do with the drive shaft and some fluid not filling in quickly - which I pointed out to the mechanic, but he says the verso has no such thing.

Any advise would be helpful as I was thinking of buying this car when the lease runs out next year.

As another member has said its the traction control doing a self test . I am not sure if it mentions this in the manual or not !!

If you are still worried ask at your dealer and he will probably confirm this

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links