Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AE92 GTi-16 Progress Thread

KPARRIS-JONES

Yeh sucks hardcore, but I'm still going to have her at Japfest, nowt will stop me from getting her there. The world may try but I have come way too far with her for it not to make it! :lol:

I have had to start filling and sanding my spare roof, I've kept it more up to date on the AE92OC, but here is what it looks like now - following the revelation that I have to fill both sides and the front rather than just the left side :censor:

3889f779.jpg

KP

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KPARRIS-JONES

• dawesy

• PaulinhoT

• AE_92

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Close that patio door man otherwise the filler dust will be trapesing through the house, Pah kids of today! :D:

lmao! The house has already been lost to female influence so this is the male counter-attack! Take THAT Lavender scented peace candles! :2guns:

KP

Shame about the carbon roof, who measured it, the woman no longer employed at yours then?

It looks great, shame about the fit :crybaby:

Yeah massive shame for me, but I am enjoying this work at the moment. :D There were no measurements given, it was just him saying yes it definitely would fit :censor:

KP

Aw man feel sorry for u, sunroof looks unreal mate, such a pity, Where abouts did you get it anyway?? Never saw one before, anyway Your Gti is looking great! Nice work mate

Thats a pitty as it looks like a nice bit of carbon.. any idea what it will fit ?

Thank you guys!

Dof, it came from Sand Diego USA.

Paul, it was made to fit the AE92 Trueno Coupe in the USA :(

KP

Ok so after a days hard graft the sunroof is ready to be wrapped:

ca44c335.jpg

e6b7730e.jpg

8b481afc.jpg

4e86cb10.jpg

3889f779.jpg

2b2d0922.jpg

I am trying to decide what to have it wrapped in:

Satin Black

White

OR

Carbon

Opinions welcome :D

KP

Go for a mix of all three, I am not helping am I?

Right I would go for ........................................................white

lol cheers! :lol:

The only issue I have with white is that a wrap won't be able to compete with the stunning paint work, it will be noticeable I think. I have a vote for white, two for black and 3 for carbon :lol:

Getting there :D

KP

I still haven't had the other bits delivered today which is total bollocks, but we did manage to fit the Indicators, Wipers and Sunroof. I have lost the wiper Nuts but we just nicked some from the garage door :lol::thumbsup: Not the best situation as the MOT is tomorrow at 3pm and at 12pm we have her booked to have the wheels balanced and the tracking aligned....

Everything works in the way of electrics, the only thing I am not sure of is the washer jet, I know the motor works but we have only ever done dry tests. Asides from that all the electrics have been tested and they all seem to work fine :D

Tomorrow morning I am hoping the Mount, Plates and Clips all come through so that I can quickly get on with fitting them up in time for the MOT. Priority are the Pedals and the rear bumper as that isn't held to the arch.

Other than that I think she is ready! :D

Indicators:

588a885b.jpg

22f103cf.jpg

Sunroof:

8b26f244.jpg

Wipers:

d04445d3.jpg

KP

Ok so mixed news, the good news is she got down to Bletchely nicely, had the wheels balanced and Tracking all sorted hassle free.

The issue is that we didn't even make the MOT, the engine decided that Oil wasn't necessary and the Cam Cover Gaskets catastrophically leaked all over the place. The Oil went into the wheel and sprayed it down the side of the car. :thumbsdown:

The Drivers Side Calliper Union-Bolt needs re-fitting but other than that I have to say that I am incredibly happy! :D

The drive was absolutely first class and amazing - the suspension was tight, the engine pulled amazingly hard and the sound made me bloody wet myself! The Gears changed beautifully and she was an utter dream to drive. :D I have never ever been so damn happy with anything. So it has paid off and today cannot be considered anything other than a total success! :thumbsup:

She is at the garage now, they will clean up the bay on Monday and stop the leaks, they are also redoing the Brakes and MOT on Tuesday so she will definitely make it to Japfest. ;)

Here are the snaps:

Plates fitted up - and obviously mine have been delivered this afternoon :lol: :

83713505.jpg

427bbb7b.jpg

1f0d63b1.jpg

Bumper and Mud Flap Fitted:

c88e8372.jpg

At Kwik-Fit:

e8643876.jpg

01a1e490.jpg

54326d86.jpg

85047d3e.jpg

And when she arrived caked in oil:

b645cb94.jpg

b7b16123.jpg

eaaa91a5.jpg

98da0066.jpg

But I am happy believe it or not, as my hard work has paid off and more. I love this, and I am totally in love with this car! :lol: :D

KP

Well done mate, it will hopefully be a happy day on Tuesday!

Shame it didn't get to MOT but at least the finishing line is in sight :thumbsup:

Car is looking great fella!

Cracking effort, really shows what work has been put in. :thumbsup:

It's looking good, it won't be long now :thumbsup:

she looks stunning mate a real credit to you.

glad your not too down about it, if you think about it the car has been rebuilt so it bound to have teething troubles.

heres waiting for news on tuesday ;)

she looks stunning mate a real credit to you.

glad your not too down about it, if you think about it the car has been rebuilt so it bound to have teething troubles.

heres waiting for news on tuesday ;)

+1 Shame about the oil but at least it was a small blip in what has been a long road!

Btw everytime i see a gti part i think of you ha ha

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Corolla-GTI-Front-Brake-Discs-AE92-89-92-GENUINE-/170638163003?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27bad3bc3b#ht_2250wt_1140

aha thank you everyone! Yeh I am very happy, I get a little peeved when I think about the oil issues but overall I am pleased that it is in the hands of experienced people who will make sure it gets to the show too! :D

:lol: Ish it seems I am one of so few GTi Owners here :lol: Mainly because I stole them.... :P

I will let you all know how it gets on!

KP

Just got a bit of poor news, but still good in a way - she went through the MOT today and failed on guess what?

*Parking Brake Efficiency

*N/S Rear Calliper Force

*Calliper Judder Front and Back

*Side Light Position

They are sending off the Rear Calliper tomorrow morning for a Recon and they will have it all sorted out tomorrow afternoon where she will have a retest where they hope to have her ready for Collection on Thursday.

This does unfortunately raise my price from anything between £200-£250 to £250-£300 not a massive hike but enough to get me a little concerned about my funds and how quickly they are depleting! :lol:

So all is still ok and I will have time on Friday to give her a wonderful 9 hour Valet. :D

KP

Fingers crossed mate!

And please clear that smear off the rear hatch at the bottom-right, its driving me nuts ;->

Not the only one mate! I am cleaning her up this Friday or even Thursday if I have it back in the morning :D

I'm not too worried about her, I think she'll pass easily tomorrow after the work has been done!

KP

WE HAVE MOT!!! :thumbsup:

Picked her up at 4:30 this afternoon and she was all healed up, a brand new N/S Rear Calliper and all the other bits mentioned sorted. She drove like a bloody dream :D The only issue is an odd grinding from the O/S Front Wheel, we suspected a bearing but it plainly just isn't that - so now we suspect it is the lack of a front engine mount making the CV knock/grind a little.

But she is ready for a long journey, taking the ragging she received earlier in her stride! :lol:

As soon as I got her we went and I filled her up with some petrol, then we went to show me nan and then my mum, heading off to home to then give her a quick wash to get the cack off.

At Nan and Grandads:

8a720a86.jpg

7f473442.jpg

1ca3b951.jpg

b0b170e3.jpg

d15d2832.jpg

And then when we got her home we went and took a picture that just had to be done!

KynanwithFluffyOct2008.jpg

a0e502ea.jpg

Washing up:

c8965734.jpg

6e86ee63.jpg

ce1ffedc.jpg

b4c5c197.jpg

98102bd6.jpg

2764eee0.jpg

8ad01ebc.jpg

f68ac3c6.jpg

e9eac4a5.jpg