• dawesy

• PaulinhoT

• AE_92

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"stunning" is all i can say, :toast:

Well done mate - fully road legal now!

Hope you enjoy many years of motoring :thumbsup:

Thank you guys!!!! :D It's just so bloody amazing to have this car on the road and to know it's mine!! :lol:

KP

Thank you guys!!!! :D It's just so !Removed! amazing to have this car on the road and to know it's mine!! :lol:

KP

Right now you have it on the road sort out that rear number plate :lol:

It's so clean and beautiful! Congrats! :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone! Number plate is on the list for today ;)

It's stunning, it really canes your eyes to keep staring at it :lol:

Oh and the sunroof has now been carbon wrapped,expect posts and pictures later tonight once we have run her in and got everything sparkling for the show tomorrow!

KP

Hope the show goes well. I can't afford time and money-wise to go but hope you get some good pics with the other GiTs! :thumbsup:

lmao cheers mate!!

Thanks everyone for all your support and comments.

Yeh mate I will be driving her down, should be good fun.

Today has been so truly epic I cannot describe, we have been running her in and chucking it around the country twisties and my god I never thought it would be such an amazing drive!!! She pulls so hard, sounds so rude and handles like its on bloody rails!! :D

We were up at 7 and getting the sunroof wrapped at 8:

b445b1f6.jpg

afd60e93.jpg

26184207.jpg

d2993a78.jpg

27a2cda5.jpg#6af09321.jpg

685b4ecd.jpg

fcac6f99.jpg

0200341e.jpg

We then set to work on the wash, clay bar, polish and wax:

420c6286.jpg

0ac1415b.jpg

313f9089.jpg

8afb3ee8.jpg

Fitted Tailgate stops and cleaned light tops:

bb16d26b.jpg

4ebea942.jpg

New Plate:

c1502806.jpg

0fbee305.jpg

be7cfbc7.jpg

cbd03253.jpg

Engine bay before:

1f0b5dff.jpg

After:

53e75817.jpg

fed0ebd4.jpg

The Callipers got painted up too:

40423cf9.jpg

4577a49f.jpg

4c991a87.jpg

e319b8b7.jpg

1c2b9f68.jpg

We also fitted some lovely black painted splash guards:

d50776da.jpg

End of a long and awesome day:

331213ae.jpg

de038376.jpg

89bc2e04.jpg

KP

424b727a.jpg

8f517fc1.jpg

19fb1682.jpg

ce352b70.jpg

450f4b6e.jpg

f22ef8db.jpg

I bloody loved it, got plenty of looks and comments to! :D

KP

Car looks really well, proper impressed with the amount of effort involved. Really like the carbon effect on the sunroof.

Cheers guys, and yes the weather was stunning for most of the day, only a little cloud and that was it! :D Got a little burnt but it doesn't matter when Banzai knocks on your door telling you they've put a word in :D

KP

Looks like you had a lot of fun mate!

Interesting how there wasn't a red GTI there (or a blue one) - guess these cars in good condition are getting pretty rare now.

So you may be getting a magazine article coming up? You should do, it's more than good enough to go in one.

Mate I have NEVER had such fun charging round in a car in my life. :lol: It was a total rocket and at the show we all got so many looks/pictures/comments we were struggling to keep up :lol:

Yeh I hope so, I have been told that my car was marked as one they wanted to come back to some time so we shall see :)

Oh and I had to share this one with ya!

FluffyJapfest.jpg

KP

Nice motion shot KP - but why is the back so low?! That is standard ride height isn't it?

Will be interesting to see if it does get a shoot - with all the resto work you've done on it I can't see why it shouldn't.

We had four people in the car, a huge gazebo and a BBQ :lol: It's usually a 4X4 stance but that is exactly where I want to lower it to! :D

KP

I'm sorry to have to tell everyone this but I seem to have a spun bearing and the 4A-GE is no more :(

Luckily I have a full spare engine and will have it rebuilt in time for Japshow, no real biggy but I didn't really want to have to rebuild it so soon :(

Still not giving up though....

KP

This motor is making you work for your ownership of it! Just remind it that it's unlikely to find a better owner than you so to be a bit nicer to you :thumbsup:

:lol: I know right mate, I just want the fecker to work properly now.... I am still unsure as to what made it happen so suddenly, it was running beautifully before hand so something went very very wrong just today. :g

Still, I have a full engine gasket kit on order - £50 delivered, bargain. :D

Now for some bearings, I'll likely replace all rods, bearings, gaskets and the Oil Pump. I have all of these spare from the Blue Top so that helps. If it doesn't looks absolutely perfect then I will be nabbing the Crank as well.

Either way I will have this engine rebuilt in time for Japshow, this car may throw everything at me like this but I am still so not going to leave it be. My only concern is the cost of all new fluids... I can't afford to get all these things - its a stretch for me to get the Gaskets and Bearings :(

KP

sorry to hear that buddy :crybaby: , why not use the complete bottom end block off the blue top engine and swap it with yours.

and maybe use the spun bearing one for a rebuild to replace the bluetop.

let me know if you need anything. ;)